The Vanishing of Ethan Carter VRboost not working

The place for all discussion of the Oculus Rift compatible open source 3D drivers.
peteo
One Eyed Hopeful

The Vanishing of Ethan Carter VRboost not working

Post by peteo »

Im trying to get VRboost working in this game using the instructions in the Vireio doc.
whenever i hit num 5 it tells me it cant find a valid memory address. No matter what i do, fresh reboot, restart the game it instantly tells me it can't find the memory address. This is on a win 7 64bit system, injected to the correct 64bit exe
DrBeef
Vireio Perception Developer
Vireio Perception Developer

Re: The Vanishing of Ethan Carter VRboost not working

Post by DrBeef »

Hi, is this a new game, or one you have been playing for some time and are going into mid-way through? If this is a saved game, could you try with a new game and see if it still fails please?

There is a problem with the implementation of the scanner profile in the current release of Vireio for TVoEC, it makes some incorrect assumptions. The next version of Vireio will hopefully resolve that using an approach called "scan assist" which directs you to look in certain directions to help the scanner find the right addresses.

If this is a new game, and it is failing in the same way, then try removing as many processes from memory as you can. in case it is relocating the orientation addresses outside of where the scanner is looking. Both us Vireio Devs have it working fine in new games as it is, but the problem with 64-bit is the addressable memory is so huge, it is more likely to be problematic.
Hstreet
One Eyed Hopeful

Re: The Vanishing of Ethan Carter VRboost not working

Post by Hstreet »

Is there a way we can find out what address it should be scanning for and edit the Profile?

I am also having a problem with Ethan Carter where the VRBoost scan fails..

is there any troubleshooting tips you can share on maybe how we can help find out what is going on? I love Vireo (right now its the best solution for non-native Rift games) and want to help where I can.

Return to “Development / General Discussion”