Stanley parable no headtracking

The place for all discussion of the Oculus Rift compatible open source 3D drivers.
Fangh
One Eyed Hopeful

Stanley parable no headtracking

Post by Fangh »

Hello.
So I just understand that Vireio "works" with more than the games in this list : http://www.mtbs3d.com/ggvr/

So I wanted to test it with The Stanley Parable but there is no headtracking.
Do I have to report it on GGVR ? Or did I make something wrong ?

Thank you
EisernSchild
Vireio Perception Developer

Re: Stanley parable no headtracking

Post by EisernSchild »

Hi !

Can you post the game profile you added in the profiles.xml file for that game ? That one looks interesting. Does at least head roll work ?

Regards, Denis
Fangh
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Fangh »

1)I didn't add anything, I didn't know I have to add something
2) So I just opened the VirieoPerceptionProfiler.exe
3) I clicked add, and, I screamed :woot too much things, I don't know what I have to do xD
Maybe is there an tuto or an explanation to help me to configure ?

thank you ;)
Fangh
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Fangh »

Ok
So
1) I just choose SOURCE game in the profiler
2) I launched the game
3) I change the multipliers for yaw and pitch to 15
4) World scaler did nothing, what can I do ?
5) GUI scaler did nothing, what can I do ?
6) It's playable
7) Do I have to put it in the GGVR ?
EisernSchild

Post by EisernSchild »

Ok...
1) You choose Source game in the profiler... AND you choose Source.xml as shaderRulesPath... all other things copy from another source game EXCEPT VRBoost path....
2) You launch the game AND enter the menu using CTRL-Q or SHIFT-*.... then you adjust the world scale... please refer to the manual for that .... (in Perception//doc//*.pdf)
3) You adjust the multipliers for mouse emulation head tracking, right.... if you are skilled using CheatEngine you can also create a VRBoost profile instead for that which provides much better head tracking and FOV options
4) World scale will not do anything as long as you did not add shader rules to the profile... (refer to 1 or the manual)
5) GUI/HUD scale will not do anything as long as the shader rules are not fully adjusted for that game profile... hopefully the standard source.xml file works even for that games GUI/HUD
6) Source engine games should all work except Dark Messiah of Might and Magic due to its motion blur technique that is currently incompatible
7) You do not have to do anything... GGVR works on a voluntary assistance base... In case you want to add it this would help the database, of course

(Unfortunately i do not own that game....)
cybereality
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Post by cybereality »

EisernSchild wrote:(Unfortunately i do not own that game....)
It's a good game. You should check it out.
EisernSchild

Post by EisernSchild »

cybereality wrote:
EisernSchild wrote:(Unfortunately i do not own that game....)
It's a good game. You should check it out.
Got it today ! This one looks very nice, can't wait to play it in VR ;-)
ZantarV
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by ZantarV »

So I just installed Vireio 2.1.6 and have been trying to get The Stanley Parable working for about three hours now and it's driving me insane. Everything seems to work fine for the most part, but pitch and yaw are not. I've tried with Oculus Runtime on and off, displaying on the Rift and monitor, logged out, rebooted, tried it at at 1920x1080 and 1280x800 (I'm using a DK1) and I've started the game up literally almost a hundred times.

Most frustratingly, I did actually get the pitch and yaw to work, twice, but was unable to replicate it even by repeating the exact steps (as well as I recall). On both occasions, although the pitch and yaw were working, the convergence was way off (which I suspected may have been due to the DK1 having a different aspect ratio).

EDIT: Make that three times I've gotten it to work. I thought I had made a breakthrough when I got the pitch and yaw working immediately after turning off the Oculus Runtime but again repeating the exact same steps I am left with a different result.

This makes unsense.
ZantarV
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by ZantarV »

Managed to get it working again by turning off the Oculus Runtime Service. Same deal: convergence was way off and when I closed and immediately restarted the game it wasn't working again. Nor did turning the runtime on, running the game, turning it off and running the game again have any effect. I've changed the resolution to DK1's native in case I ever get it working again so I can see the effect on convergence.

Oculus Runtime 5.0.1, extended mode, no DK1 legacy, extend desktop, for what it's worth.
ZantarV
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by ZantarV »

I tried downgrading to Oculus Runtime 0.4.4 and got it working with extended mode and extended desktop while the runtime was active (first time I can recall). I also did the scan and got correct convergence (don't know if that was the runtime being active, the runtime version, or the fact that the game was running native DK1 resolution), although for some reason mouse control wasn't working so I couldn't turn. However, once again when I exited and restarted it once again had no pitch or yaw. I exited using alt-tab and closing the application from desktop if that matters.

Windows 8.1, Oculus Runtime 0.4.4, Vireio 2.1.6, DK1.

Someone please throw me a bone here, there are too many variables and not enough information available. Does Vireio 2.1.6 work well with DK1? Does it work well with the Oculus Runtime? Does it need it? Should the runtime be on? Off? Extended? Direct? Legacy? Should the desktop be extended? Duplicated?

The fact that it works very very occasionally is by far the most confusing aspect. It tells me that this setup can work, but for whatever reason elects not to the vast majority of the time. I have no way of discerning this reason. I need to know the reason.

Please tell me the reason.

Please tell me anything.
DrBeef

Post by DrBeef »

Sounds like you are really having some trouble.. hopefully we can get it going.

I would suggest you hang on a little bit, there's a new release coming this week, might work better with the DK1 anyway.

When it is out, please record a short video of what you are doing to get it working, I'll take a look and might have some suggestions.
ZantarV
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by ZantarV »

Lol, yeah, I have a habit of posting right after protracted and frustrating technical struggles, which has a tendency to result in melodrama. Of course, if I don't post immediately, I usually forget to do so at all.

Anyway, thanks for the reply and I'm certainly willing to wait for the next version. Would a screencap video suffice? You wouldn't be able to see what's happening on the rift.

I tried Skyrim too, where I had a similar but different issue: pitch and roll were tracked, but not yaw.
DrBeef

Post by DrBeef »

Did the 3.0 alpha help at all?

Return to “Development / General Discussion”