Skyrim VRBoost Bug

The place for all discussion of the Oculus Rift compatible open source 3D drivers.
bizarrobrian
One Eyed Hopeful

Skyrim VRBoost Bug

Post by bizarrobrian »

Hi guys! First, let me congratulate you on the release! 2.0 is amazing and I really appreciate all of the hard work that went into it!

That being said, I am running into a bug with VRBoost in Skyrim. VRBoost is working fine in 2.0.0.1 (it doesn't work at all with the latest release)...head tracking is working seperately from the controller and all is awesome. However, when I hit the B button on my xbox controller to bring up the Map, Items, Skills screen and then exit it, the world FOV gets pretty messed up. Everything remains zoomed in a bit, like I'm looking through a telescope. Has this been reported before? I have to exit to main menu and revert to a prior save to fix it.
Neil
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Re: Skyrim VRBoost Bug

Post by Neil »

It may have to do with the shader count threshold (Denis can better answer this). However, in the Overall settings menu, there is an option to reset VRBoost. See if that works for you.

Regards,
Neil
EisernSchild
Vireio Perception Developer
Vireio Perception Developer

Post by EisernSchild »

In the new version we added FOV override options done by VRBoost. For your current savegame the new version probably did overwrite it whenever you tried it. Just enter the Skyrim console (using ~ i think) and enter "fov 90" to change back to a propriate Field of view. Just an assumption after reading your words...

For the next version we should have better (or more stable) VRBoost pointers. You can always use older VRBoost files (VRBoost_rules//TESV.MTBS in that case) for the current version of the driver, it should always work (if these VRBoost files have been stable for you already).

BUT... if the FOV override options work for you just enter the BRASSA menu and "VRBoost values" to setup the FOV.

Regards, Denis
Plastik
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Plastik »

I'm also having Problems with the vrboost in skyrim. After resetting the view i can play for a few seconds until I get a green message "HMD positional tracking lost"and the camera keeps jumping around.I've tried everything even older versions but to no avail. Have been trying for a week now and was really motivated especially since I was getting 75fps outside before trying to fix this as well as shadows. Now i get 60 at best no matter what I try and also can't seem to get rid of the ghosting of objects inside or before any fog ( Mointains, floor in caves, candles). Truly frustrating as it seemed so promising at first. Could it be because I'm using an older AMD card. World scale and FOV look perfect.

Tested with:
Perception 2.1.6
SKE runtime 6.0.0
Running win7 on i7 imac
Plastik
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Plastik »

Finally managed to get 75 fps so it's very playable by now. Increased the distance to the sensor the error is almost gone as well. I was suprised when realizing that fov, convergence and world scale actually influence the number of fps and raise them when set right!

Return to “Development / General Discussion”