Skyrim and Perception 2.0 questions

The place for all discussion of the Oculus Rift compatible open source 3D drivers.
vertinox
One Eyed Hopeful

Skyrim and Perception 2.0 questions

Post by vertinox »

For some reason I thought I read somewhere that 2.0 would resolve the inventory issues with Skyrim. I went back and looked and I have must of mistaken that because I can't find it now.

For others who play Skyrim... Is there anyway to make the left hand of the inventory screen more visible? I am using C cups with an IPD of 65.5 if that makes a difference.

Secondly, the menus that pop up in front of the characters when you can talk to them is blurry in front of the character. If I move the menu slightly to the right or left my eyes can focus on the menu. I think this is mostly my eyes problems with trying to focus on things close up and far away.

Do other people playing Skyrim have the same problem, and if so have you found any ways to work around this?

[edit]

I did some playing around with it. With the GUI separation and I sort of got it. The problem I'm having the worst is that Skyrim doesn't seem to that great with dept perception and menu items. My eyes look at things in a distance and focus like I would be looking an item in the distance in real life. When I do that the menu item is blurry. I played around with the GUI seperation I can refocus the item at question, but then when I look at something close up it is double images again. So either I have it focused close or far away. I'm going to have to turn off the cross hairs because that seems to be the most offending double image item that I am seeing.

Don't get me wrong its beautiful. Its just the menus require me to take the headset off to use them.
Neil
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Re: Skyrim and Perception 2.0 questions

Post by Neil »

Read the current FAQ.

There is a minor bug that we didn't have time to correct for (sorry for not sharing the fix sooner).

The HUD is a bit separated between the left and right view, and the text may seem uncomfortable when you get very close to people or objects. In the Vireio Perception menu, choose GUI calibration. Then select GUI 3D Depth, and set it to "-0.020" (NEGATIVE 0.020). This should be more comfortable now.

Regards,
Neil
vertinox
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by vertinox »

Thanks for the tip! :)
Leahy
Cross Eyed!

Post by Leahy »

I'm just curious what fps others are getting. I have a 7970OC and had to disable hirestextures, keep the resolution at 1280x800 and keep detail at high not ultra to keep a minimum above 30 with an average around 45.
vertinox
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by vertinox »

Leahy wrote:I'm just curious what fps others are getting. I have a 7970OC and had to disable hirestextures, keep the resolution at 1280x800 and keep detail at high not ultra to keep a minimum above 30 with an average around 45.
How do you get your FPS in Skryim? I googled it and says you have to use fraps.

Also, I have to say Skyrim is awesome once you adjust your GUI settings to what they just recommended and turn off crosshairs.

Thanks team for making these drivers!
vertinox
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by vertinox »

One more question I have to add...

Does Perception 2.0 not support Skyrim Script Extender (SKSE)?

I tried running that and got errors and it did not display in stereo vision when running.

The error I get is:

TESV.exe - Entry Point Not Found

The procedure entry point ??!BaseDirect3D9@@UAE@XZ could not be located in the dynamic link library d3d9.dll

Running regular skyrim works fine and does the double image.

Its not going to kill me but I can't use mods that use SKSE.
Neil

Post by Neil »

Once you see errors like that, it's best to copy the DLL files to the Skyrim directory.

Regards,
Neil
vertinox
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by vertinox »

Neil wrote:Once you see errors like that, it's best to copy the DLL files to the Skyrim directory.

Regards,
Neil
That worked! Thanks again for your help!
BastardKeaton
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by BastardKeaton »

hey guys!

first of all thx for the great driver....

skyrim runs fine for me but i have one problem i didnt find any solution for...perhaps somebody can help me out...

when i run skyrim, there is some kind of "edge" or "frame" around the sword and the shield which, i think, shouldnt be there...it like in this vid of another guy...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5CMOUd2W ... qCHwO8HviQ

i did turn off all shadows....i dont know why this kind of edge appears....

do you know any solution for this??

thx in advance!

greetz
keaton
Neil

Post by Neil »

Turn all your shadows back on. We are working on fixing multiple Skyrim bugs.

Regards,
Neil

Return to “Development / General Discussion”