Vireio Perception 2.0 Tips, Tricks, and FAQ

The place for all discussion of the Oculus Rift compatible open source 3D drivers.
Neil
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Vireio Perception 2.0 Tips, Tricks, and FAQ

Post by Neil »

Hello everyone!

Thanks to all of you for your kind support with helping get Vireio Perception 2.0 off the ground.

I've noticed a lot of gamers are having some performance problems and unforeseen issues, so we've been beefing up our official FAQ section to solve as many of these issues as we can. However, I'm sure there there are lots of new things to discover, and fellow gamers and developers are welcome to post their input here.

We can then add stuff to the official list too. Thanks again!

Regards,
Neil
codes
One Eyed Hopeful

Re: Vireio Perception 2.0 Tips, Tricks, and FAQ

Post by codes »

Hi Neil and the Perception team!
First of all, thanks for the great work on the drivers so far, I can't wait to try out some more of my games with it
That's quite a substantial amount of work you have done there.

I have a suggestion for the FAQ,
Which is to include the default (are they changable?) keys to access the functions such as the BRASSA and main Perception options, particularly where it is introducing these functions to the user.
I have found previous FAQ and general notes miss out this vital information on previous versions too, and it is difficult to find unless you know exactly where to look.

Also, since it is now possible to create a profile for games, is it also easy to share the profile files between users?
A forum topic, or even better, a webpage where users can upload and collaborate on profiles would be really neat.
Rift_Astro
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Rift_Astro »

I think they were quite easy to find in the PDFs. To be honest I wouldn't really try using the tool set without reading those PDFs otherwise you wont really understand what they do.
Smith
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Smith »

If your game isn't in 3D and you've already copied the drivers to the game's .exe folder, try using Steam to launch the game using DX9:

Steam > right click game > Properties > Set Launch Options > -Dx9

This helpful little trick could be added to the FAQ :)
Cercata
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Cercata »

Smith wrote:If your game isn't in 3D and you've already copied the drivers to the game's .exe folder
All the 4 DLL's must be copied to the game's .exe folder ?
DrBeef
Vireio Perception Developer

Post by DrBeef »

For some games, yes, I have to do this for Bioshock, Bioshock 2, Dishonored, Dirt 3, Borderlands, Portal 2 (there may be more, can't recall which)

But for others, Dear Esther, Skyrim, Fallout 3 (+ New Vegas), Left 4 Dead 1 and 2 I only need to have the perception app running.
Cercata
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Cercata »

I mean if in the games you need to copy the DLL's (injection doesn't work well), if you need to copy the 4 DLL's, or maybe only 1 or 2, the ones that are supposed to be injected, and the others are meant to be used only by the vireio executable.
DrBeef

Post by DrBeef »

It's all or nothing, but only the DLLs. If it works by injecting without copying, great, otherwise you need to copy all 4 DLLS and have Perception running.
Krismu
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Krismu »

Hi,

I'm new here, so it might be the wrong section for this question.

I would like to use Perception with on mobile phone with PC pictures. I mean: running a game on my PC and having the images streamed to my mobile phone so that I can use some VR device (WiFi or USB).
I can use some softwares like Splashtop or others, but I think it would be great to have the functionnality included directly in Perception.
The main reason is the performances: since you're hooking (as far as I understand it) the rendering part, it should be possible to render to some kind of virtual device that would hold the stream, and an application on the mobile phone (Android for me) reads it and displays it on the phone.

I'm a C++ developer with a bit of experience of DirectX and I would like to help to achieve this if I can.

Is there already a topic for this ?

Thanks
cybereality
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Post by cybereality »

Well, the project is open-source and anyone is free to join the development.

You can probably speak with Neil about getting on the team.
Conrad
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Conrad »

Good morning. I'm new on this site so I have to present myself. I'm Nicolò.
I'm a student at the University of Padua (Italy) in Psychology.
I'm doing a new type of research in neuropsychology using specific interfaces which uses Oculus dk2.
In this moment I'm using farming simulator 2013 and 2015 version but now is currently impossible to use one of them in VR. The only way to turn them into VR is using a virtual reality desktop made by oculus.
I don't know if this is the right place to post this. In any case I'd like to ask you if there's a possibility to make one of these two software run in virtual reality with your help. In fact neither
VorpX is able to make them into virtual reality.
My personal question is: Is here somebody that can give me some help on this? is a slice possibility to have a software that can make farming to function on VR?
Thanks a lot for your help.
Nicolò

Return to “Development / General Discussion”