Introducing Vireio Perception (3D Driver for Oculus Rift)

The place for all discussion of the Oculus Rift compatible open source 3D drivers.
eqzitara1
Cross Eyed!

Re: Introducing Vireio Perception (3D Driver for Oculus Rift

Post by eqzitara1 »

I was just about to pre order a game I'm interested in Zeno Clash 2. Then I remembered the original was source engine.

Not sure if anyone has tested it but game works kind of similiar to Mirror's Edge as far as perspective. Might be cool to check out. Just a helpful suggestion. (I dont have Rift yet)

Also, if anyone whose using a Rift and has 3d vision(Required) needs Depth of field removed without effecting post processing PM me. Not sure if its okay to share files, I tested it on an earlier build but should still work. Its something that really bothers my vision in 3D so just dropping an fyi.
Last edited by eqzitara1 on Sat Apr 06, 2013 8:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
OzOnE2k10
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by OzOnE2k10 »

cybereality wrote:Try to see if you can set "status.bUseHW_T_L" to true in the Rice plugin (or find how this gets set). That should use the fixed-function pipeline and thus work with mode 10 on Vireio.
OK, it looks like their T&L mode was broken, so it was always disabled...

status.isVertexShaderEnabled = status.isVertexShaderSupported && options.bEnableVertexShader;
//status.isVertexShaderEnabled = false; // Disable it for now
//status.bUseHW_T_L = true; // Debug hardware T&L so to debug vertex shader

So, I changed it to this...

//status.isVertexShaderEnabled = status.isVertexShaderSupported && options.bEnableVertexShader;
status.isVertexShaderEnabled = false; // Disable it for now
status.bUseHW_T_L = true; // Debug hardware T&L so to debug vertex shader

...Recompiled the plugin dll, and now it shows this?... :o

If I then run Vireio and set "game_type" to 10, it just shows a blank image? (even after the short delay)

Interesting though. It means Vireio is probably trying to intercept the matrix stuff now, but the Rice plugin is borked?
Or, it could just be that it's falling back to the basic DrawPrimitiveUP mode?

(There is also a check box in the Rice plugin's GUI which says "Force software T&L", still shows a blank screen with this checked or unchecked.)

It's a pain to debug though, 'cos DebugView still freezes for about a minute every time I start Vireio as debug?
If I could get all the OutputDebugString's to show in MSVC, it wouldn't be so bad.
For some reason, it shows all of this...

Load the bitmap
PxHelp: Success opening key.
PxHelp: Success with GetString.
C:\Users\OzOnE\Desktop\Perception-master\Debug\Perception\
C:\Users\OzOnE\Desktop\Perception-master\Debug\Perception\
PxHelp: Already have base value.

But nothing after that point (ie. none of the "D3D ProxyDev Fixed Init" messages etc.)?

I'm gonna grab some food now, this is giving me a headache. lol
So, Hardware T&L with SetTransform with Vireio using the Fixed mode is basically what I'm after? :)

I also tried using PIX for Windows (DX9 SDK) and I could see all the SetTransform calls from PJ64.
There are so many other calls, I wouldn't know where to start tbh.

This was a good read though...
http://www.codeguru.com/cpp/g-m/directx ... xy-DLL.htm

I'll leave the PJ64 stuff for a while now. At least until I can get my head around all the code, and get debug output working smoothly.
Alkapwn
Cross Eyed!

Post by Alkapwn »

Does Mirror's Edge have head tracking? And if so is it Rift enabled with the dev kit?
Baristan6
Cross Eyed!

Post by Baristan6 »

Alkapwn wrote:Does Mirror's Edge have head tracking? And if so is it Rift enabled with the dev kit?
Mirror's Edge has head tracking. I've been told it mostly works with the Rift dev kit, but the key to adjust the zoom isn't working.
Mel
Binocular Vision CONFIRMED!

Post by Mel »

Baristan6 wrote:
Alkapwn wrote:Does Mirror's Edge have head tracking? And if so is it Rift enabled with the dev kit?
Mirror's Edge has head tracking. I've been told it mostly works with the Rift dev kit, but the key to adjust the zoom isn't working.
I assume we're talking about a different version than 1.0.4? But I only see the one version on github.
Marcel
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Marcel »

We tried playing Dear Ester and Skyrim on the Rift using the driver. The tracking works well, but the distortion looks like it is too strong. If you compare the distortion of the Tuscany demo with the Vireio driver, its quite different. The center of the image seems too big when using the Vireio drives (which decreases the FOV). Is there a setting to fix this?

Also, what is the difference between Rift Cropped and Rift settings?
space123321

Post by space123321 »

Did you change the FOV settings in Skyrim - increasing the FOV to 120 really help things. The only thing that I find odd it the distortion of the image when you tilt you head side to side. Other than this it looks great and the tracking is great!!!!
cybereality
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Post by cybereality »

@Marcel: The distortion shader in the driver is old, and not at all as good as the one in the Oculus demos.
pizzy00
Cross Eyed!

Post by pizzy00 »

Edit: I was wrong command does not change player FOV. However command can be used to zoom player weapon model in and out. Test it out if you want. This may just be a matter of preference.

Left 4 Dead 1 & 2 command to change FOV is cl_viewmodelfovsurvivor XXX

Left 4 Dead 2 is working with driver. There must have been an issue with my computer that is why I couldn't get it working earlier.
Last edited by pizzy00 on Sun Apr 07, 2013 5:07 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Check out this forum for a beta driver to get existing games working with the Rift.
Official Vireio Perception Driver Forum http://www.mtbs3d.com/phpbb/viewforum.php?f=141
Support these games on Steam Greenlight them http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f ... d=92979040
Rig Specs - MS Windows Ultimate, i5 3470, 16 GB RAM, 2x AMD 1GB 5850 HD crossfired, SATA2 HD
cybereality

Post by cybereality »

pizzy00 wrote:Left 4 Dead 1 & 2 command to change FOV is cl_viewmodelfovsurvivor XXX
That only changes the FOV of the gun/arms. Not of the whole scene.

For L4D1 you can use "fov_override 110" after you use this mod:
viewmodeloverride(3).zip
You can't change the FOV in L4D2, or at least I don't think anyone has figured it out.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
pizzy00
Cross Eyed!

Post by pizzy00 »

Removed post in order to not confuse people.
Last edited by pizzy00 on Sun Apr 07, 2013 7:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Check out this forum for a beta driver to get existing games working with the Rift.
Official Vireio Perception Driver Forum http://www.mtbs3d.com/phpbb/viewforum.php?f=141
Support these games on Steam Greenlight them http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f ... d=92979040
Rig Specs - MS Windows Ultimate, i5 3470, 16 GB RAM, 2x AMD 1GB 5850 HD crossfired, SATA2 HD
Baristan6
Cross Eyed!

Post by Baristan6 »

pizzy00 wrote:Left 4 Dead 2 is working. There must have been an issue with my computer that is why I couldn't get it working earlier.
I have found a bug in Vireio that could cause this.

matProjection in D3DProxyDevice is calculated using data from StereoView before StereoView is initialized.

I'll include a fix with the roll fix.
pizzy00
Cross Eyed!

Post by pizzy00 »

cybereality wrote:
pizzy00 wrote:Left 4 Dead 1 & 2 command to change FOV is cl_viewmodelfovsurvivor XXX
That only changes the FOV of the gun/arms. Not of the whole scene.

For L4D1 you can use "fov_override 110" after you use this mod:
viewmodeloverride(3).zip
You can't change the FOV in L4D2, or at least I don't think anyone has figured it out.
I just double checked. Cybereality you are right it does not actually change to FOV, it changes how the player gun is displayed FOV. Here is screen shot showing 120 player model weapon FOV. I can tell it you it is useful command to play with it allows you to zoom your weapon in and out of view.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
cybereality

Post by cybereality »

Hey guys, feel free to create new topics in this sub-forum for any specific issues or questions you have.

With everyone posting in the same thread it's easy for information to get lost. Thanks.
Mel

Post by Mel »

cybereality wrote:Hey guys, feel free to create new topics in this sub-forum for any specific issues or questions you have.

With everyone posting in the same thread it's easy for information to get lost. Thanks.
Agreed. I'm completely lost in this thread and don't know what it is you guys are discussing anymore. Version 1.0.4? Some other branch?
pizzy00
Cross Eyed!

Post by pizzy00 »

Removed post in order to not confuse people.
Alkapwn
Cross Eyed!

Post by Alkapwn »

Might I make a recommendation to all the super talented people here. Just Cause 2.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T-fNbKnW9-w

If only for this mod alone, I think it'd be very worth it. I got goosebumps just imagining how that'd look on the Rift.
stevetb
Cross Eyed!

Post by stevetb »

Alkapwn wrote:Might I make a recommendation to all the super talented people here. Just Cause 2.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T-fNbKnW9-w

If only for this mod alone, I think it'd be very worth it. I got goosebumps just imagining how that'd look on the Rift.
I'd second that vote. I saw this video as well and my jaw hit the floor imaging it on the Rift.
OmniAtlas
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by OmniAtlas »

Testing the Rift now with MS Flight Sim X and the pre-release 1.8 FaceTrackNoir with tracker support --- tracking works!

But I can't get Vireio to function correctly -- no stereo views...I've set it up in the profiles as a game_type 10, should I try something else?

I've tried putting d3d9.dll into the FSX directory but I get errors.
OmniAtlas
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by OmniAtlas »

Okay, got stereo view by copying all the dll files to the FSX directory -

d3d9.dll, hijackdll.dll, libfreespace.dll

But now only the top 10 % of my screen is being used, and it looks like everything is being compressed into that area.

Any solutions?? I am so close...

Hm, just had a think -- is this because I'm running FSX at 1920x1080p? I'll give it a go tommorow, getting late here now. I thought the rift could 'downscale' everything from the primary screen.
mm0zct
Cross Eyed!

Post by mm0zct »

Can i suggest you try mode 0, with the resolution at 1280x800 and tell us if that works at least?
Mel

Post by Mel »

OmniAtlas wrote:Okay, got stereo view by copying all the dll files to the FSX directory -

d3d9.dll, hijackdll.dll, libfreespace.dll

But now only the top 10 % of my screen is being used, and it looks like everything is being compressed into that area.

Any solutions?? I am so close...

Hm, just had a think -- is this because I'm running FSX at 1920x1080p? I'll give it a go tommorow, getting late here now. I thought the rift could 'downscale' everything from the primary screen.
This happened to me too, and I was able to 'fix' it by simply hitting the escape key, then returning to flight a couple/three times in a row. Note that I also got a hard-hang or two using this technique as well.
OmniAtlas
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by OmniAtlas »

mm0zct wrote:Can i suggest you try mode 0, with the resolution at 1280x800 and tell us if that works at least?
Hi mm0zct, it works! I tried mode 0 as you suggested and switched the resolution to 1280x800

I'm having some issues with the tracking curve -- do you know which axis I need to change so there is completely free head movement?

Thanks!
mm0zct
Cross Eyed!

Post by mm0zct »

Edit because this came across a bit grumpy sounding. You need to go through all of the first 3 curves and drag all of the control points (starting right to left) into the top right hand corner, so you get a straight line from (0,0), up to (180,180), if the "alternate" check box is checked, uncheck it. Try it again and let me know if it's still wonky, it works perfectly with the Dirt games for me tracking wise so if you can't get it sorted I'll just upload my FTNOIR config file.

Fwiw some internal politics have lead to a fork in FTNOIR, I'll be maintaining the plugin at OpenTrack from now on, which is trying to be a cross platform glue for the various head tracking libraries and game input methods.
OmniAtlas
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by OmniAtlas »

mm0zct wrote:Edit because this came across a bit grumpy sounding. You need to go through all of the first 3 curves and drag all of the control points (starting right to left) into the top right hand corner, so you get a straight line from (0,0), up to (180,180), if the "alternate" check box is checked, uncheck it. Try it again and let me know if it's still wonky, it works perfectly with the Dirt games for me tracking wise so if you can't get it sorted I'll just upload my FTNOIR config file.

Fwiw some internal politics have lead to a fork in FTNOIR, I'll be maintaining the plugin at OpenTrack from now on, which is trying to be a cross platform glue for the various head tracking libraries and game input methods.
Thanks, fsx with the rift working perfectly now!

I have free motion looking anywhere within the sim! A real strange disconnect when you don't see your hands...
Phamtrinli
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Phamtrinli »

I would like to request vireio support for legend of grimrock

the current driver doesn't work very well with it (the right side doesn't texture some objects) and there is no head tracking with it atm
Oneironaut21
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Oneironaut21 »

With all of the hype around the RiftCoaster demo, has anyone looked into trying to get Vireio working for Rollercoaster Tycoon 3?

It's got a rollercoaster designer tool where you can build and then ride the coasters in 1st person. The camera control in that mode is a bit strange, requiring you to hold down the left mouse button before you can move around the camera, but it would be awesome if it worked in the Rift.

I'll be getting my Rift some time soon, so maybe I'll take a look, but I'm sure I would have a lot to learn before I could accomplish anything.
maxsayo
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by maxsayo »

Is it possible that this driver could work for the Pinball FX2 or the soon to be released Pinball Arcade? I don't have my rift yet but I was wondering the possibility. Both of these games are three dimensional in terms of models and design.
Fredz
Petrif-Eyed

Post by Fredz »

brantlew wrote:A thought I just had. I wonder how difficult it is to reverse engineer the file structures for the assets in some of these games like SkyRim? So you could just open up the graphics data, push it into another engine, and render it perfectly for the Rift. Obviously you wouldn't get all the gameplay aspects of it, but it would be really cool just to walk around the Skyrim terrain in VR.
I don't know for Skyrim but there is a project in this vein for Morrowind : https://openmw.org/
lamamanxxx
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by lamamanxxx »

Quote Yoder808

I actually got my DIY Rift finished this weekend, and have been playing GTA IV, with ENB Mod (IceNhancer), real cars, high-res textures, and first person mods, and it's AMAZING. It's great, because if you want to demo your HMD, it's easy to just walk around and see the sights. I'll post a FRAPS video when I get a chance. You can even correct the aspect ration in the graphics menu (mines set at 5:4, seems to look the best).[/quote]

I am hopping you can tell me what Mods you are using. I did manage to get IceNhancer running with the Rift. But when I try any of the first person mods the game will crash with SecuRom error. When not using the rift the Mod will work just fine.

Any info would greatly help me. Thanks
mayaman

Post by mayaman »

bump for updates.

Return to “Development / General Discussion”