skyrim issues perception 2.1.1a

The place for all discussion of the Oculus Rift compatible open source 3D drivers.
tooandrew
One Eyed Hopeful

skyrim issues perception 2.1.1a

Post by tooandrew »

Hey, first post here. I've made a diy rift, my rig has a gtx 770 and an AMD Phenom II X4 945 Quad-Core. I have the game running without too much trouble, but I can't look up or down in game with a mouse, which is a problem, because I am using freepie accelerometer data from my note 4 to emulate mouse input for my head tracking.

I followed the directions that came with the program, my resolution is set properly, all of the skyrimprefs.ini changes have been made, I've tried with and without the dlls in the skyrim folder, I've tried with only the dlls and perception not running, I've tried in window mod, I've tried with freepie closed, after a fresh reboot, I've uninstalled all Logitech software, it's killing me.

I've recorded my problem and uploaded it to YouTube, forgive the quality, I recorded the screen with a phone.
Vireio perception 2.1.1a skyrim problem: http://youtu.be/3XZ7OrX4jDg

Can anyone help me?
DrBeef
Vireio Perception Developer

Re: skyrim issues perception 2.1.1a

Post by DrBeef »

Hi

OK, I am pretty sure I can solve this for you. What you are seeing is VRBoost active.. basically it provides low latency head tracking, but uses the Oculus Rift tracker in order to work. You simply need to turn off VRBoost and I think you will be sorted.

Just open the BRASSA menu (CTRL+Q) and go to Overall Settings and in there you should be able to toggle VRBoost off. You can also assign a hot-key to disable it quickly in future, or better still, edit the profiles.cfg file, and remove the VRBoost entry for Skyrim.

Any of the above should solve your issue, let me know how you get on.
FR3D
Cross Eyed!

Post by FR3D »

hi DrBeef

my gtx980 ichill arrived and Skyrim works well.

I have to move the window of Skyrim on the extendet desktop to the DK2.
I also had to copy the dll and the exe to the Skyrm folder.

Dear Ester crashes @ start like with my gtx580 rig
The vanishing of ... is only mono on the primary screen and the perception driver is not snapping in ...

Skyrim looks very beautiful but @ moving with the head the picture stutters.
do not know if it is because of the headtracker or if the new graficcard is not strong enough - i have to find out.

Well done DrBeef - your Skyrim driver is nearly perfect.
Water, Sky and most shadows are in place.

PLEASE continue your work

best regards FR3D
best regards FR3D
Neil
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Post by Neil »

Activate the 3D Vision in the Nvidia panel. There is also a registry tweak so it isn't "on" by default changed via regedit (I have to find it for you; my Nvidia machine is in warranty repair right now). This will cut out a lot of the latency on Nvidia cards.

Regards,
Neil
DrBeef

Post by DrBeef »

Hi FR3D

Thanks for your comments, I can't really take credit for the driver and for how well it works with Skyrim, all of that was done before my time on the project, this driver has been very much a team effort and I think all the developers, past and present, deserve recognition as well. But thanks for the positive comments, they are appreciated.

I'm not sure why Dear Esther would be crashing for you, that is very perculiar, and sounds like there might be some local incompatibility rather than a problem with the driver, since it works fine for most people.

As for stutter, are you getting 75FPS in skyrim?, I have found that unless I hit that, I get an intolerable micro-stutter. I have an issue where Skyrim is always windowed (despite telling it not to be: http://steamcommunity.com/app/72850/dis ... 1112418687) which has given me a lot of truoble with FPS and vsync lately and therefore some stuttering. Are you seeing the same thing?, can you run it fullscreen on the rift as extended secondary display and get 75FPS?
FR3D
Cross Eyed!

Post by FR3D »

Hallo DrBeef,

meanwhile the vanishing of ...
and dear ester are runnung fine.

i rebooted my pc ( normaly i don't shut down the pc - i mostly use the energy saver mode)

all games are kicking now automaticly into the dk2.
But vrboost is not working for me ?!

@vanishing of - i have a water issue - the water reflection - e.g. if i look down from the bridge)
@dear ester - i have a water issue too - e.g. if i'm walking near to the water on the beach

@skyrim - oh yes i have a problem to achieve high framerates - outside i get around 30fps only
inside towns - round about some 20 fps
but i'm using extensive high texture mods, extensive parallax mapping and 4x oversampling, antialiasing 8x and so on ... looks great ...
1920 x 1080 - fullscreen and everything maxed out ....

maybe a gtx980ti can do that all in the near future ...

hl2 looks absolutely phantastic now - it runs without stutter and without any issues ...

the gtx980 ichill is very quiet and is not getting warm - i will to try to overclock it - its the best grafikcard i ever had.

best regards FR3D
best regards FR3D
tooandrew
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by tooandrew »

i know it's been more than a week, but yeah, i deleted the vrboost rules and forced mouse emulation
DrBeef

Post by DrBeef »

FR3D

The Vanishing: You need to turn off water reflections as well, I think I might have forgotten to mention that in the documentation, but the reflections really look awful in the rift. There are a few other rendering issues too, but on the whole it's pretty sweet.

As for Dear Esther.. not sure what that might be.. Water in general is a little bit of a problem in several games unfortunately.

I reckon it could be years before Graphics Cards are powerful enough to render exteriors in Skyrim in stereo with all settings maxed out at 75FPS or greater.
DrBeef

Post by DrBeef »

tooandrew wrote:i know it's been more than a week, but yeah, i deleted the vrboost rules and forced mouse emulation
Does that mean it is now working?

Return to “Development / General Discussion”