How can I use OSVR controllers with SteamVR and a DK2?

JackMacWindows
One Eyed Hopeful

How can I use OSVR controllers with SteamVR and a DK2?

Post by JackMacWindows »

Hello,
I am trying to set up Roomscale VR with my Oculus Rift DK2, Kinect (v1) and Wiimote nunchucks. I set up OSVR with an edited version of the config file from https://gist.github.com/simlrh/e10b9b9f ... a634b39116. It works fine, and the tracker viewer shows the DK2 and the Wiimote nunchucks correctly. But when I installed the SteamVR driver, it would not detect the controllers. Removing the Oculus drivers showed that the HMD was not working right. I realized that OSVR could not render to the HMD. Is there any way to use only the OSVR controllers with SteamVR, using the Rift Runtime with SteamVR? If not, how can I get OSVR to work with my DK2's screen?

Jack
JackMacWindows
One Eyed Hopeful

Re: How can I use OSVR controllers with SteamVR and a DK2?

Post by JackMacWindows »

I was able to use FreePIE and the OSVR plugin for FreePIE to map the buttons and movements to virtual Razer Hydras. This works with standalone programs that use the Razer Hydra, but it does not work with SteamVR (with the right drivers installed). When I start SteamVR, the controllers are green for a bit, but then they start flashing. I'm pretty sure this is because the coordinates are not being detected by SteamVR. Does anybody know what could be the problem?

Jack

Return to “Oculus VR”