Cross Eyed!

gaming vest

Post by FR3D »

best regards FR3D
cybereality
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Re: gaming vest

Post by cybereality »

This has been mentioned before, and I think it looks great.

I was an early backer, and I'm glad to see they met their goal. Should be fun.
blazespinnaker
Certif-Eyed!

Post by blazespinnaker »

Gear VR: Maybe OVR isn't so evil after all!
cybereality

Post by cybereality »

I got to try the Kor-fx gaming vest at the Orange County VR Meetup. You know, it was actually pretty cool. I played a few different games: Counter-Strike on a monitor, Whispers in the Rift, an action movie, and some music.

The best experience was the horror game (Whispers), it really added a lot to the experience. I felt more immersed in the game environment and it added to the terror at scary parts.

Counter-Strike was OK, you could definitely feel the gun-shots, and even more subtle things like foot-steps.

The movie was fun, lots of low rumbling bass. Sort of like being in a movie theater with a crazy sound system.

Music worked surprisingly well, especially classical music. Sort of felt like you could feel the musician pushing the keys on a piano.

The way the vest works is basically based on the audio, and inside the vest are 2 sort of sub-woofers. However, the quality of the sensation is more nuanced that you get with regular speakers/sub-woofers and it's a lot more advanced than something like the rumble motors in game controllers or cell phones. You really do feel like you are part of the action. The one main complaint I have is that the vest really only has feedback on your chest. You don't feel much effect on your back or stomach. This is not a deal breaker for me, and I was told they might make deluxe models later if the first one is successful. Also, the vest was wireless (a surprise) and very light and comfortable.

I really think people should give the Kor-fx vest a chance. It's not perfect, but it's probably cooler than you think.

http://korfx.com/kickstarter
NobleBrutus
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by NobleBrutus »

@cybereality
I'm somewhat surprised, how does it compare to an Aura Interactor then in terms of how the feedback feels? Is it the same sort of intensity of vibration and clarity or perhaps it uses something more advanced?
cybereality

Post by cybereality »

If you can believe it, I've never tried the Aura Interactor. I can't remember how many times I thought about buying it on eBay, but I guess I never bothered based on bad reviews. I have to imagine the Kor-fx vest is better than that but I guess I'm not really sure.

Return to “Oculus VR”