Available Rifts?

Cascadium
One Eyed Hopeful

Available Rifts?

Post by Cascadium »

I apologize for the low bandwidth nature of this post, first and foremost.

I'm a content producer for an independent video production company called Cascadium Pictures. We've been developing now for sometime, a web series centered on the use of VR in mainly non-traditional or gaming related spaces. Focusing on people who are doing amazing things with the technology in a variety of fields, and with the hope of capturing the incredible personal stories of dev's and the incredible innovation we're all witnessing at this incredible time. We've finally received the support we've needed to get our fledgling project off the ground, and are set to begin filming the first part of our series in late May. Rather foolishly, we never purchased the original dev kit when it released last year, and now that Oculus is no longer supplying it in preparation for the release of the 2nd version this July, we are without the device at this current juncture. Having a rift is crucial for rather obvious reasons, and for our initial episode we'll film in May, a few weeks away now, it's vital. We are not above purchasing a rift off Ebay or something, but if possible would like to avoid it... Which brings me here.

As a huge follower of this forum, I wanted to see if there would potentially be anyone in the Austin, TX area, who A) is in custody of an Oculus Rift and B) would possibly be willing to loan us the device for a couple of days, with the offer of taking part in the filming process as well if that was something desired. I know its a rather huge and absurd request, and on the surface, looks kind of douche baggy, but I thought it worth a try. Dev's like many of you present on this forum are who we're hoping to make this series for first and foremost.

Thanks for reading and all the exciting stuff out there,

Tanner Notch
Content Producer | Cascadium Pictures
Cascadium.tv
tanner@cascadium.tv
V8Griff
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Re: Available Rifts?

Post by V8Griff »

As you're in Texas why don't you give the Oculus Texas office a call?

They may well be willing to help.
Cascadium
One Eyed Hopeful

Re: Available Rifts?

Post by Cascadium »

We've actually been in talks with the company throughout the whole development stage. Unfortunately they're unable to help us on this front. A good suggestion though.

Return to “Oculus VR”