Legacy Vireio Issues

BslBryan
One Eyed Hopeful

Legacy Vireio Issues

Post by BslBryan »

Hello, hello! So, I wanted to use the old Vireio drivers in place of the newer and better 2.0+ versions. The why is not very important in this case, but it has presented a unique problem.

When these drivers were new, they worked fine. However, now when I open them, they don't detect my Rift. I get "Disabled" and "No Tracking". Yes, my Rift is plugged in. ;-) Manually selecting "Oculus Rift" and "Oculus Track" doesn't work. If I use the new drivers, it does detect my rift (and default profile).

But I can't use the new drivers with a certain iteration of a game, where with the old ones I can. But now, since it's not detecting the rift, I get 3d, but no headtracking. It's quite saddening. And maddening. I've been yelling at my computer.

Please help?
GeraldT
Certif-Eyable!

Re: Legacy Vireio Issues

Post by GeraldT »

I have no help - but you need to ask here to have a better chance of getting it: http://www.mtbs3d.com/phpBB/viewforum.php?f=149
want to demo the Rift or check it out? click here
cybereality
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Post by cybereality »

Let me know what version you need. I have backups of all the old versions.
BslBryan
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by BslBryan »

Cybereality, you're great! Thanks for working on cool projects and just being cool all around. That being said, I'm using ENB, SKSE, and Skyrim together. :woot It's mind-blowingly beautiful in the Rift. It works flawlessly (minus the no-headtracking) in the Legacy Vireio Beta12. It doesn't work at all in Perception 2.0 (though vanilla is way more playable in 2.0.) When users started voicing similar issues, though, the other devs (are you still working on this project or just busy at Oculus?) gave advice to simply not play with mods. No mods. Mods = bad. Don't try it. Don't work on fixing it. Just uninstall your mods. And play without mods. :geek:

After all of the beautification I've done to Skyrim, I can't go back to vanilla. So it makes me very happy that Beta12 makes the world visible. But is there perhaps a conflict with just having other vireio files on my computer (not in the same directory)? I'm really at a loss. It used to work perfectly. And without Vrboost being a thing at the time (and my laptop not having a numpad while I'm currently on vacation) I can't emulate headtracking with faux mouse movement (though I've never even had to do this in the past, I came across this functionality while trying to fix my rift's undetection by Beta12 - and also the later April 2013 version). Is there a very closely related version to Beta 12 that likely won't break ENB and SKSE but may fix headtracking?

Thanks for personally coming to my rescue, cybereality. :D

Return to “Oculus VR”