The World, an Open Source .hack// MMORPG (indiegogo) Read mo

Kirito
Binocular Vision CONFIRMED!

The World, an Open Source .hack// MMORPG (indiegogo) Read mo

Post by Kirito »

this is the indiegogo project of the .hack mmo!

"Welcome to our vision to move one of the most unique MMOs into its beta stage!

The World we are trying to create will be a free MMO in which the players can decide their fate -- a world of swords, magic, and hints of advanced technology.

One of the more unique aspects of The World is the Chaos Gate (mentioned below), a device that allows one to travel to distant, and often forgotten, lands that humans were unable to reach by normal means. Players can use the Chaos Gates to travel through dangerous fields and dungeons seeking rare and long lost treasures.

Players can also relax in towns, converse with other players, and prepare for their next adventure through local shops or even in their guild bases. If a player decides not to fight, they can enjoy other activities, such as raising Neko pets and fishing. Only the most powerful of adventurers will be able to unlock the secrets of The World, and, perhaps, be the key to its salvation."

http://www.indiegogo.com/projects/the-w ... rce-mmorpg

if you are .hack fan please help this dream come true ;p
and there is a oculus rift strech goal at 12k
DarkAkuma
Two Eyed Hopeful

Re: The World, an Open Source .hack// MMORPG (indiegogo) Rea

Post by DarkAkuma »

I was interested at first, since I'd love to see a .hack mmo. But the project lost me quickly. The graphics seem to be low polygon count for a 2013 mmo. Heck, seem low for a 2005 mmo. I love eq, and still play it on emu severs, so I could be fine with low graphics. But I just don't feel such graphics do .hack justice.

Then of course it completely lost me with its PvP. I cant stand PvP and the types of players it attracts. And skimming over the bits about pvp seemed to say its basically going to be one server type. Some pve only zones, some pvp enabled zones where better items come from. So if you don't want anything do do with pvp you're going to be crappier...

The animations looked horrible too, but that I can understand since its still being developed.

Beyond that, for a MMO based of .hack, there should be no "only if we hit some goal" for Rift support. VR headset support should be a primary feature. Maybe that's just me though.

Return to “Oculus VR”