anyone get arma 2 working?

Tacklebait
Two Eyed Hopeful

anyone get arma 2 working?

Post by Tacklebait »

I was wondering it has been done and if any of you have tried it, or its being worked on?

More specifically, Take on Helicopters. Pretty much the same engine, so I figured they would go hand and hand.
Machinima
Cross Eyed!

Re: anyone get arma 2 working?

Post by Machinima »

Two of my favourite games, well, at least i've been playing some ToH recently but Arma 2 is for sure one of my favourite games. I think there are some features in Arma that would make rift support easy but also a lot that would make it hard, some examples:

Easy:
1) Separate head/neck model with controls already built in for head roll and independent movement.
2) Fully rendered character models

Hard:
1) The game features lots of different gun sights and scopes, plus targeting cameras etc in vehicles.
2) The game has lots of complex controls and menus (hard to see the text on DK1)
3) With so many keyboard controls (practically every single key) its going to be hard to play without being able to see your keyboard.
4) The game has serious performance issues, especially online, you're going to need an impressive computer to maintain 60fps
Evenios
Binocular Vision CONFIRMED!

Post by Evenios »

It shoudnt be too hard considerng TrackIR 5 supports it already and hopefully the head tracking can be done just without position. I hope someone will get this working as it would be fun to run around the large maps in VR! even if nothing more then loading a empty map and checking out the sights :-)
Dakor

Post by Dakor »

Dean bought a Rift and is willing to get the DayZ Standalone supported.
I haven't heard about an official Arma2 support, yet, specially since you can buy the Arma3 Alpha already (they release it "Minecraft style").
VorpX does not support it either..

That's all I know
German blogger, enthusiast and developer.
drifter

Post by drifter »

Machinima wrote:The game has serious performance issues, especially online, you're going to need an impressive computer to maintain 60fps
This. And we don't need 60 fps, but 120...
And furthermore, the game is not suited at all for very low resolutions (long-range combat).
So no Rift support for the Arma serie and DayZ, unfortunately...
flaep
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by flaep »

any updates regarding arma.

Always crashes when first 3d scene gets rendered.

Return to “Oculus VR”