Big news: I've joined Oculus!!!!!!!!

MrGreen
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Re: Big news: I've joined Oculus!!!!!!!!

Post by MrGreen »

2EyeGuy wrote:So, what are you going to be working on with your new job?
Well, as a community manager I believe he's going to manage us. Good luck with that! :D
greenknight
Cross Eyed!

Post by greenknight »

cybereality wrote:Well I am not going to be able to have an active development role on the driver. I will be around to help people in the community if they want to become a contributer.And I can probably make some small updates (like support of the Rift tracker) but not much more than that. It's just that I won't have the time to be working on it seriously, so I thought it was a better idea to put it in the hands of the community. I think that was the best thing for everyone.
I think this news is pretty awesome news and makes a lot of sense, congrats on your new job.

Also, supporting the rift tracker in your open source driver solution is pretty awesome. I definitely look forward to trying it out in the coming months.
yautjacetanu
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by yautjacetanu »

Well I am not going to be able to have an active development role on the driver. I will be around to help people in the community if they want to become a contributer.And I can probably make some small updates (like support of the Rift tracker) but not much more than that. It's just that I won't have the time to be working on it seriously, so I thought it was a better idea to put it in the hands of the community. I think that was the best thing for everyone.
Cool :) Will be interesting to see what happens!

I don't think open source communities work well without some form of curation. However, this is a release to a group of gamers who will really want it to do something, probably have to skills to make it do so and are all people who are either part of or massively linked to the hacker/ tinkerer community. So will be fun watching it grow! :)
yuriythebest
Petrif-Eyed

Post by yuriythebest »

it's really awesome dude!! I bet you get to play around with all of the top secret Oculus Rift Prototypes, speaking of which, can you send me a top secret oculus rift prototype?
Oculus Rift / 3d Sucks - 2D FTW!!!
cybereality
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Post by cybereality »

yuriythebest wrote:can you send me a top secret oculus rift prototype?
I could. But then I'd have to kill you. :shock:
Valez
Cross Eyed!

Post by Valez »

Totally worth it!

Return to “Oculus VR”