Slender - The Arrival (Beta Released)!

jhouff
One Eyed Hopeful

Slender - The Arrival (Beta Released)!

Post by jhouff »

Greetings All!

I hope there is not already a thread about this but "Slender - The Arrival" beta is now LIVE!

Ever since playing the original Slender I thought it would be amazing in VR.

Some of the benefits of the new version of Slender is that it was built using the Unity Engine (perfect for the Rift!).

I'm in the beginning stages of trying to figure out how to get it to work with VR, but hopefully there is someone out there smarter than I, whom will figure it out. :)

If anyone is interested the game can be pre-ordered for $5 which comes with instant access to the beta (which is a remake of the original Forest stage).

Give it a shot and let me know your thoughts!

http://sites.fastspring.com/blueislestu ... thearrival

Thanks!
alekki
Cross Eyed!

Re: Slender - The Arrival (Beta Released)!

Post by alekki »

The best way to get support would be to ask the developer himself. Just send him an email and ask if he's considering adding Rift support.
jhouff
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by jhouff »

alekki wrote:The best way to get support would be to ask the developer himself. Just send him an email and ask if he's considering adding Rift support.
Will do!

edit: Sent message. We will see......otherwise I will continue to try to get it working.
Teeks419
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Teeks419 »

Just played the Beta... Absolutely horrifying... don't want to imagine this game in VR. So yea! hopefully it gets rift support!
cerulianbaloo
Binocular Vision CONFIRMED!

Post by cerulianbaloo »

Holy hell what a ride. My skin was tingling during certain moments. Not sure if I want that on Oculus though, I'm gonna get ptsd from it lol.
cybereality
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Post by cybereality »

I almost caught a heart-attack playing Slenderman on a 3D projector. I think I might just die if I played this on the Rift.
virror
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by virror »

The "first" slender was also built using Unity.
TheHolyChicken
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Post by TheHolyChicken »

I'd be more than happy to shell out for a good slender game that works in VR, but there's no pics or videos of your game available, and from what I can tell you don't have it ready for the Rift yet. :?
Sometimes I sits and thinks, and sometimes I just sits.
Dakor

Post by Dakor »

Nice thanks for the info! I will play it later.
I guess if some us ask for an VR-Support he will probably add it, one the SDK is out, since it's a Game seller for Indie Games.. specially for games like this.
I loved the 1st Game (even though I never got through it till the end) and once I got shocked (almost) to death only by a sound, not even seeing the slenderman :D

--
BUT: It is one thing to have a special Thread for Games that are made by Members of this Forum and that definitely will support Oculus Rift, and an completely other thing to have a special Thread for a (no matter how good it is) "foreign" Game where there is nothing mentioned about an Support..
Isn't there already a Thread where you can mention Games that you would love to play in VR? Or another like "scariest game in VR"?
Sorry say this, but this forum is getting unclear like hell since there are so many threads about the same topic. (see Razer Hydra, "UDK or Unity", HL2 Mod, "should I order" or "I just ordered", "PC Hardware specs", "AMD vs Nvidia" and so many more ) Many of them are even only got one or two sentences in the first post, where you can notice the person never even try a search first. (Where this Thread is as an positive example with some specs of the Game and not just a link and "will it support??" or something) I guess this is the dark side of the Hype.
This is nothing personal and i'm Sorry for getting Offtopic here.
German blogger, enthusiast and developer.
oculusfan

Post by oculusfan »

TheHolyChicken wrote:I'd be more than happy to shell out for a good slender game that works in VR, but there's no pics or videos of your game available, and from what I can tell you don't have it ready for the Rift yet. :?
I agree. Lets get this baby rift ready and then I'm in!

Return to “Oculus VR”