How do you think Rift will eventually get distributed?

bboyza
One Eyed Hopeful

How do you think Rift will eventually get distributed?

Post by bboyza »

I would love to get involved and resell them in South Africa via a local Oculus online shop and deal with local fulfillment.

Do you think they will just roll with big retailers and be able to pick it up like you would a monitor or a mouse?
Others are of the opinion that Oculus themselves will have an online shop and ship everything from there, but I would think they would prefer to wholesale and leave distribution business and retailers and focus on the tech rather. Even Amazon don't ship to South Africa.

Anyone able to shed some light on how these things will likely pan out?
Delryn
Two Eyed Hopeful

Re: How do you think Rift will eventually get distributed?

Post by Delryn »

I'm willing to bet that they will do All of the Above. So I'd expect to see it for sale on their website, and at major online and brick-mortar retailers. When the consumer version release date is announced you will probably be able to contact Oculus LLC to become a reseller.
GPU: NVidia GTX 680|CPU: Core i5-2400|RAM: 16gig|SSD: 120GB|HDD: 1.25TB|Liquid Cooled CPU and GPU
pAnatiC
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by pAnatiC »

Really hope, everything will be fine and easy for shipping to germany..
Delryn
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by Delryn »

pAnatiC wrote:Really hope, everything will be fine and easy for shipping to germany..
My friend, if you have any trouble, I'm sure you can have someone on this forum send you a unit.
GPU: NVidia GTX 680|CPU: Core i5-2400|RAM: 16gig|SSD: 120GB|HDD: 1.25TB|Liquid Cooled CPU and GPU
Bishop51
Binocular Vision CONFIRMED!

Post by Bishop51 »

This is probably a no-brainer to the Oculus crew but if they are planning on attacking a large consumer market in future, it pretty much demands an active demo unit in BigBox stores. Seeing is believing with this technology and live demoing is the only way to navigate around decades of bad VR press and gimmicky 3D cash grabs.

I can't wait for the day when I walk into my local Best Buy or Future Shop and see an Oculus kiosk setup! Then we'll have truly seen the tipping point in action :)

Return to “Oculus VR”