First 5-6K orders

PasticheDonkey
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Re: First 5-6K orders

Post by PasticheDonkey »

it is in our natures to only want so many people around a watering hole so that all can still get their fill. in an information situation like a forum it can grow to any size and you'll get cliques emerging, in effect creating their new personal watering hole. so they can get their fill of information, the signal through the noise. eventually the water taints, the signal is weak and new watering holes and forums are found. the cycle begins again.
geekmaster
Petrif-Eyed

Post by geekmaster »

jaybug wrote:I'm not sure there's space for either of them. :P
MSat
Golden Eyed Wiseman! (or woman!)

Post by MSat »

I'll just leave this right here:

geekmaster
Petrif-Eyed

Post by geekmaster »

Instead of "5000-6000 orders", it is "500-600 yard restraining orders", thanks to XKCD. :D
Cha0sD
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Cha0sD »

Yellow = ALLCAPS
geekmaster
Petrif-Eyed

Post by geekmaster »

Cha0sD wrote:Yellow = ALLCAPS
Who made that law? Was it ratified by a two-thirds majority vote? I always thought "Yellow = Highlighting"...
:P

I use a personal convention in my posts here, where bold yellow is used to highlight certain key phrases in my posts that can give somebody a general idea of its general points even if they skip over most of it on the grounds of TL;DR ...

I also tend to highlight text added later (often marked EDIT: or UPDATE:) in light brown.

I use similar personal highlighting conventions (depending on forum background color) in other forums as well, where I have a reputation for "colorful" posts such as this one:
http://www.mobileread.com/forums/showth ... p?t=170929
:D

EDIT: Now, getting back on topic, I and others seem to have "missed the boat" when we became aware of the Oculus Rift kickstarter campaign much too late to be part of the first shipment of Dev Kits. That will surely stimulate renewed interest in a DIY substitute while we wait for the SECOND batch. I plan to build one soon so I can get a head start on some ideas I want to try out...
oculusfan
Binocular Vision CONFIRMED!

Post by oculusfan »

Lol I see English words and they look like sentences but I get nothing when I read...what were we talking about? I got lost somewhere inbetween skids and overt linearity issues :?
geekmaster
Petrif-Eyed

Post by geekmaster »

oculusfan wrote:Lol I see English words and they look like sentences but I get nothing when I read...what were we talking about? I got lost somewhere inbetween skids and overt linearity issues :?
So you only saw light brown linear skid marks, eh? :mrgreen:

Return to “Oculus VR”