Household Objects to enhance the Oculus Experience.

mattyeatsmatts
Binocular Vision CONFIRMED!

Re: Household Objects to enhance the Oculus Experience.

Post by mattyeatsmatts »

+
=
=
nateight
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by nateight »

I tend to find these kinds of suggestions silly, particularly because we haven't yet solved the basic problem of sussing out the really good input schemes. Maybe this is a good line of thinking to pursue for arcade use, but I tend to think arcades for VR are dead on arrival no matter how compelling the experience may be. We can worry about total immersion after we sort out how to navigate VR spaces intuitively, IMO - doing it first will only hurt VR by making it look gimmicky.

If you insist, though, check out Uniduino:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EdSnjB-GIGg[/youtube]
Shameless plug of the day - Read my witty comments on Reddit, in which I argue with the ignorant, over things that don't matter, for reasons I never fully understood!
RABID
Cross Eyed!

Post by RABID »

nateight wrote:I tend to find these kinds of suggestions silly, particularly because we haven't yet solved the basic problem of sussing out the really good input schemes. Maybe this is a good line of thinking to pursue for arcade use, but I tend to think arcades for VR are dead on arrival no matter how compelling the experience may be. We can worry about total immersion after we sort out how to navigate VR spaces intuitively, IMO - doing it first will only hurt VR by making it look gimmicky.

If you insist, though, check out Uniduino:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EdSnjB-GIGg[/youtube]
OK, this is really cool :woot

Return to “Oculus VR”