FreePie Oculus Plugin to work on 0.8?

Official forum for open source FreePIE discussion and development.
teapoted
One Eyed Hopeful

FreePie Oculus Plugin to work on 0.8?

Post by teapoted »

So I have a Freepie script which I was using for mouse emulation and it worked fine on previous version, after upgrading to 0.8 I get "Oculus VR SDK failed to init". I don't know if this is just some sort of pathing issue or if it is incompatible, as there doesn't really seem to be any information online about freepie in relation to 0.8.

So has anyone actually had it working, 'should' it work?

Thank you.
CyberVillain
Petrif-Eyed

Re: FreePie Oculus Plugin to work on 0.8?

Post by CyberVillain »

I only have a DK1 so havent bothered. I can try to update the SDK, is DK1 still supported so that I can test?
cybereality
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Post by cybereality »

DK1 should still be working with 0.8. Just make sure you have a recent Nvidia/AMD driver.
CyberVillain
Petrif-Eyed

Post by CyberVillain »

I updated the SDK and now get a
Error C1083 Cannot open include file: 'Kernel/OVR_Types.h': No such file or directory OVRFreePIE c:\users\anders\documents\projekt\oculussdk\libovr\include\ovr.h 14
Seems they have changed something in the SDK, if someone want to take a look at it the source is here

https://github.com/AndersMalmgren/FreeP ... lusVR/Code
CyberVillain
Petrif-Eyed

Post by CyberVillain »

There was a new Kernel include that was required. But it seems they have changed the SDK complety, get these errors. if someone wants to have a crack at this please be my guest
Error (active) identifier "ovrHmd_Destroy" is undefined OVRFreePIE c:\Users\Anders\Documents\Projekt\OVRFreePIE\OVRFreePIE\src\ovr_freepie.cpp 49
Error C2660 'ovr_Initialize': function does not take 0 arguments OVRFreePIE c:\users\anders\documents\projekt\ovrfreepie\ovrfreepie\src\ovr_freepie.cpp 13
Error (active) too few arguments in function call OVRFreePIE c:\Users\Anders\Documents\Projekt\OVRFreePIE\OVRFreePIE\src\ovr_freepie.cpp 13
Error C3861 'ovrHmd_Create': identifier not found OVRFreePIE c:\users\anders\documents\projekt\ovrfreepie\ovrfreepie\src\ovr_freepie.cpp 14
Error (active) identifier "ovrHmd_Create" is undefined OVRFreePIE c:\Users\Anders\Documents\Projekt\OVRFreePIE\OVRFreePIE\src\ovr_freepie.cpp 14
Error C2065 'ovrHmdCap_DynamicPrediction': undeclared identifier OVRFreePIE c:\users\anders\documents\projekt\ovrfreepie\ovrfreepie\src\ovr_freepie.cpp 19
Error C3861 'ovrHmd_SetEnabledCaps': identifier not found OVRFreePIE c:\users\anders\documents\projekt\ovrfreepie\ovrfreepie\src\ovr_freepie.cpp 19
Error (active) identifier "ovrHmd_SetEnabledCaps" is undefined OVRFreePIE c:\Users\Anders\Documents\Projekt\OVRFreePIE\OVRFreePIE\src\ovr_freepie.cpp 19
Error (active) identifier "ovrHmdCap_DynamicPrediction" is undefined OVRFreePIE c:\Users\Anders\Documents\Projekt\OVRFreePIE\OVRFreePIE\src\ovr_freepie.cpp 19
Error C3861 'ovrHmd_ConfigureTracking': identifier not found OVRFreePIE c:\users\anders\documents\projekt\ovrfreepie\ovrfreepie\src\ovr_freepie.cpp 21
Error (active) identifier "ovrHmd_ConfigureTracking" is undefined OVRFreePIE c:\Users\Anders\Documents\Projekt\OVRFreePIE\OVRFreePIE\src\ovr_freepie.cpp 21
Error C3861 'ovrHmd_RecenterPose': identifier not found OVRFreePIE c:\users\anders\documents\projekt\ovrfreepie\ovrfreepie\src\ovr_freepie.cpp 30
Error (active) identifier "ovrHmd_RecenterPose" is undefined OVRFreePIE c:\Users\Anders\Documents\Projekt\OVRFreePIE\OVRFreePIE\src\ovr_freepie.cpp 30
Error C3861 'ovrHmd_GetTrackingState': identifier not found OVRFreePIE c:\users\anders\documents\projekt\ovrfreepie\ovrfreepie\src\ovr_freepie.cpp 36
Error (active) identifier "ovrHmd_GetTrackingState" is undefined OVRFreePIE c:\Users\Anders\Documents\Projekt\OVRFreePIE\OVRFreePIE\src\ovr_freepie.cpp 36
Error C3861 'ovrHmd_Destroy': identifier not found OVRFreePIE c:\users\anders\documents\projekt\ovrfreepie\ovrfreepie\src\ovr_freepie.cpp 49
CyberVillain
Petrif-Eyed

Post by CyberVillain »

I am shooting in the dark here, but here is a version compiled against latest SDK

VC++ 2015 redist required

edit: Here is the new source code, maybe someone that knows what they are actually doing could check it for errors

http://pastebin.com/geWCN3kZ
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
CyberVillain
Petrif-Eyed

Post by CyberVillain »

Tried above dll on 0.8 runtime, it works. But the demo scene crashes and no Rift demos work :/
Adm.Darkfire
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Adm.Darkfire »

Just tried the above dll with my DK2 and it worked fine. I also could run demos at the same time without any problem.

Are you sure that the demos you tried are 0.8.0 compatible?
CyberVillain
Petrif-Eyed

Post by CyberVillain »

Got that working, it was a problem with my runtime install
CyberVillain
Petrif-Eyed

Post by CyberVillain »

Trying to build our OVR dll using the latest sdk. seems the ovr.h file is removed?

edit: Got that working, ovr_RecenterTrackingOrigin is removed, no info what to use instead?

also, thus code is not working (Rotation removed from ovrPose type), SDK changes doc gives no clue

pose.Rotation.GetEulerAngles<Axis_Y, Axis_X, Axis_Z>(&output->yaw, &output->pitch, &output->roll);
cybereality
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Post by cybereality »

So "ovrPosef" has a member "Orientation", which is an "ovrQuatf".

You need to convert this to a "Posef" via the math helper functions and then use "Quatf::GetEulerAngles<>" to get the angles.

Just keep in mind I haven't tried this yet, that just what seems correct looking at the docs.

https://developer.oculus.com/documentat ... dg-sensor/
CyberVillain
Petrif-Eyed

Post by CyberVillain »

Sorry, forgot to reply here that I solved it. Its confirmed to work on the 1.3 runtime with DK2

Thanks for the input :D
konstantin_lozev
Cross Eyed!

Post by konstantin_lozev »

I am now on the current runtime 1.16. I am trying to make a dancemat to work in 360 degree scenario with in runtime 1.16 with either DK2 or CV1. I get "Oculus vr failed to init", so I am stuck. Any help?

Return to “FreePIE”