VR project looking for tips and advise

This is for discussion and development of non-commercial open source VR/AR projects (e.g. Kickstarter applicable, etc). Contact MTBS admins at customerservice@mtbs3d.com if you are unsure if your efforts qualify.
13thFloor
One Eyed Hopeful

VR project looking for tips and advise

Post by 13thFloor »

Hi everyone,

I have a project I want to look at developing and wondering if I can get some pointers on the direction to go or what's needed.

I want to 3D scan a object and setup way points on the object to be checked and the system/game marks these off as being checked. Need to be able to replay back the event.

Engine : Unity should provide more than enough grunt to achieve the realism I need for this.
Platform : Android/GearVR so it's mobile and the head tracking should be enough. Should also have enough power to run the application I hope.
3D scanning of large object up to size of a bus : ?? Google Tango or too early to tell?
3D tracking in open environment/root : Since the floor require would be about 10mx20m what could track this 3D space.

I was thinking of a cardboard box with QR codes mapped all over this. I know Valve did this for their VR room if I recal right.

And lastly.. any UK chaps around London area on here that can assist with the above.

Return to “VR/AR Research & Development”