NEO : A NEW OPENVR HMD HERE TO SAVE THE VIRTUAL UNIVERSE!:)

This is for discussion and development of non-commercial open source VR/AR projects (e.g. Kickstarter applicable, etc). Contact MTBS admins at customerservice@mtbs3d.com if you are unsure if your efforts qualify.
3DJB
One Eyed Hopeful

Re: NEO : A NEW OPENVR HMD HERE TO SAVE THE VIRTUAL UNIVERSE

Post by 3DJB »

I really do believe that if you payed for the minimum amount required for these HMD's to be produced out of your own pocket, you would absolutely make your money back and then some as long as they delivered what you are promising. I know I would buy the device in a heart beat as long as I see proof that you have them manufactured and ready to ship. I think I speak for most of us when I say that I am not about to "pre-order" something though that doesn't exist nor have any reputable names backing it. Once you have a real physical product, word will spread fast on the /r/oculus subreddit and the official Oculus forums, I assure you. there are people out there who will absolutely throw down the money for your device, they just need to see it in action first.
Dilip
Certif-Eyed!

Post by Dilip »

3DJB wrote:I really do believe that if you payed for the minimum amount required for these HMD's to be produced out of your own pocket, you would absolutely make your money back and then some as long as they delivered what you are promising. I know I would buy the device in a heart beat as long as I see proof that you have them manufactured and ready to ship. I think I speak for most of us when I say that I am not about to "pre-order" something though that doesn't exist nor have any reputable names backing it. Once you have a real physical product, word will spread fast on the /r/oculus subreddit and the official Oculus forums, I assure you. there are people out there who will absolutely throw down the money for your device, they just need to see it in action first.
May be he is at 'Minimum Quantity Paradox' like, you can't get particular product till you can't order particular quantity.
And as you can't show particular sample you can't reach to that particular quantity.

Its impossible though that manufacturer don't give even single sample. Especially when some one speak about having all settings in place with manufacturing units in business city.

When manufacturing such amezing product one must leave stubbornness to not to show duct tape version if 3d case printing is most expensive for one unit.(for rest all part one can acquire single sample at legitimate over price) People love low latency, high fidelity, Pixel packed image and tracker performance more then outer Shell. At least one could show something in duct tape.

See example of RIFTUP they are selling at $200 just screen, but they did showed working prototype. Done successful KS and sold good number of kits. GOD offering WQHD, full VR Device (not just replacement screen) at $300. I see no reason to not to break sales records.

Investing in working prototype is must it (Even if for first unit it cost $1000) can always be disposed off at eBay, should things won't workout....which is not possible if all claims are true...
GOD
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by GOD »

I recently moved from near Hong Kong to the SF area so I can be in Silicon Valley meeting with investors. OSVR should help this product launch be much easier now. :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Didn't go to CES, although that would have been nice. At least made it to the US where there is reliable high quality printing.

Can post an updates as they are available!
Hannibalj2
Binocular Vision CONFIRMED!

Post by Hannibalj2 »

GOD wrote:I recently moved from near Hong Kong to the SF area so I can be in Silicon Valley meeting with investors. OSVR should help this product launch be much easier now. :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Didn't go to CES, although that would have been nice. At least made it to the US where there is reliable high quality printing.

Can post an updates as they are available!

That's really awesome! I hope you can make some advancements with it.

I will be near you later this month. Making the move to that region after China.

I will be paying attention to your product. Best!
Portal Dual 180+ HFOV HMD: http://www.mtbs3d.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=18335

PORTAL DUAL VR, Downloads: http://hannibalj2.jimdo.com/
nka
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by nka »

Interesting... *Subscribing to the topic*
Ryuuken24
Cross Eyed!

Post by Ryuuken24 »

So what happened? Did the project fail or is it still going? Why not get a kickstarter, or was there one?
Hannibalj2
Binocular Vision CONFIRMED!

Post by Hannibalj2 »

Any Updates?
Portal Dual 180+ HFOV HMD: http://www.mtbs3d.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=18335

PORTAL DUAL VR, Downloads: http://hannibalj2.jimdo.com/

Return to “VR/AR Research & Development”