do modern projectors still work with nvidia 3D Vision?

Share your experiences and learn about big-screen 3D gaming.
goemon
One Eyed Hopeful

do modern projectors still work with nvidia 3D Vision?

Post by goemon »

If I want to buy a current 3d projector that works with Nvidia 3D Vision, is it as simple as purchasing a 3d projector that is "3d ready" and supports 120hz frame sequential 3d?

Or must I look for some really old projector from years and years ago that was specifically marketed as being compatible with Nvidia's 3D Vision?
cybereality
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Re: do modern projectors still work with nvidia 3D Vision?

Post by cybereality »

I believe the only projectors that will work are those officially supported by Nvidia. See here:

http://www.nvidia.com/object/3d-vision- ... ments.html

There are some new ones in there, like the Acer Z650 which launched a few months ago.

There may be other projectors marketed as 3D but they won't work with 3D Vision software support from Nvidia. Some of them won't even work with anything and are somewhat false marketed.

The other option is to get an HDMI 1.4a 3D supported projector. These will most likely work with the Nvidia 3DTV Play software. While the HDMI standard is more modern, it's limited to 720P for gaming (1080P can work only at 24Hz, like for Blu-Ray).

Can you let me know what resolution you are looking at or what your intended use is? Maybe I can do some research as well.
goemon
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by goemon »

It helps me that you said that acer one was released 3 months ago. I was thinking everything on that list from nvidia had not been updated for years. I am trying to avoid using 3dtv play because I want to have 1080p 3D. That leaves me with the only option to find one that works with 3d vision. I will mainly be using it for PC games and secondarily for 3d movies.

Also, please tell me how you came to the realization it would work with 3d vision. I couldn't find it even specifying it was 3d capable going by what newegg and acer's own website said about it. Is it the 120hz refresh in the specifications? If I know how you know this then I can look for that same information in other projectors to verify suitability.
cybereality
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Post by cybereality »

Well I just looked at Nvidia's list for projectors and searched the ones that were 1080P (since those would be the newest).

I'm actually not seeing much confirmation on the 3D Vision support outside the Nvidia website (which can be wrong sometimes). However, if you look on Acer's website they mention 120Hz and 3D glasses in the specs.

Go here and click tech specs: http://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/pr ... .JMS11.008
goemon
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by goemon »

you're right about that acer. thanks for all the advice.

Return to “3D Projectors”