IZ3D Glasses?

Shutter glasses and custom polarized! Talk about them here.
ldelie
One Eyed Hopeful

IZ3D Glasses?

Post by ldelie »

Before IZ3D went away, they had a 'new style' 3D glass for their display, with some improvements. Does anyone know who made them, or if there are a few laying around in a warehouse?
Tril
Certif-Eyed!

Re: IZ3D Glasses?

Post by Tril »

I'm a bit late to reply but I'll answer anyway. I've got a pair of the old and a pair of the new glasses somewhere in storage. They were sold for free to existing customers directly from the iZ3D Store at the time. I got mine in 2009.

They provided some minimal improvement but the iZ3D monitor still generated a lot of ghosting. The ghosting was caused by the design using two LCD on top of each other. Each pixel on the back panel has a corresponding pixel on the front panel. In theory, you want the light coming through one pixel on the back panel to only come through the corresponding pixel on the front panel. Since the LCDs have thickness, when you're looking at a pixel at an angle, the light passes through a pixel on the back panel and passes through the pixel beside the corresponding pixel on the front panel. The best glasses in the world could not fix that.

It's been many years since I've last used my iZ3D monitor and it's collecting dust in storage. I upgraded to a 40" 3D LCD HDTV. I don't think I'll ever use my iZ3D monitor again. It will eventually find it's way to the recycling center.

I can sell the old and new glasses for the shipping cost if anyone wants them (I'm located in Canada).
CPU : Intel i7-7700K
RAM : 32 GB ram
Video card : GeForce GTX 980 Ti
Display : Samsung UN40JU7500 Curved 40-Inch UHD TV with shutter glasses
HMD : Oculus Rift

Return to “3D Glasses”