HMD help, and introduction.

Talk about Head Mounted Displays (HMDs), augmented reality, wearable computing, controller hardware, haptic feedback, motion tracking, and related topics here!
VRgamesterz
Cross Eyed!

Re: HMD help, and introduction.

Post by VRgamesterz »

Put it this way,the magnifier with the MRG, has to be at a set distance, there is no alittle here alittle there. To blurry and hurts the eyes. Now that 4x5 I found that the distance from the image could be more. Im sure between the 2 to 3inches would be tops but it wont be as bad with the blurryness. It was softer on the eyes if you know what I mean when it was up against my face..

I have a helmet coming and in waiting to hear from Vitrolight on getting an LCD. As much as 3d is fun, a full field of view is just as good.

Ku
PalmerTech
Golden Eyed Wiseman! (or woman!)

Post by PalmerTech »

I agree! I wish I could find a smallish, 120ghz LCD that could be used with shutterglasses, that would be great for a mono HMD. :(

I bought that lens, and some other optics. Can't wait to get back into building!
android78
Certif-Eyable!

Post by android78 »

PalmerTech wrote:I wish I could find a smallish, 120ghz LCD
Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha :lol:
120ghz would certainly ensure that you didn't get any flicker, I guess.
I think that 120Hz is a more reasonable expectation though. ;)
PalmerTech

Post by PalmerTech »

Oops! Yes, I meant 120hz. :P

I had an HP DV6000 display that could be driven overspec at 120hz, it was 15"... I wonder if any of these small screens are the same?
cybereality
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Post by cybereality »

Well according to some posters I've seen (here and elsewhere) there are some regular LCD screens that will work with standard shutter glasses. Usually they say LCDs that can do 75Hz or better are best, but I have had people claim 60Hz LCDs work. None of the LCD screens I ever tried have worked, so its probably not that likely but worth a shot if you are getting the display anyway.
android78
Certif-Eyable!

Post by android78 »

cybereality wrote:Well according to some posters I've seen (here and elsewhere) there are some regular LCD screens that will work with standard shutter glasses. Usually they say LCDs that can do 75Hz or better are best, but I have had people claim 60Hz LCDs work. None of the LCD screens I ever tried have worked, so its probably not that likely but worth a shot if you are getting the display anyway.
Part of the problem with LCD screens is that with the alignment of the polarization in the screen with that of the glasses. Often you will find that the screen may just appear black all the time unless it is rotated 45 or 90 degrees. I managed to get some 3D effect with my $10 shutters and regular LCD but had to twist them unnaturally to do so. Even then, there was more ghosting then there should have been.
mickeyjaw
Cross Eyed!

Post by mickeyjaw »

The edimensionals sold as 'lcd compatible' have the polarization at the right angle. 60hz/2 is painful to watch though, plus you have the problems with the way lcds scan - there is only a complete left or right eye view on the screen about 10% of the time. Read Andrew Woods' papers on the subject for more info.
VRgamesterz
Cross Eyed!

Post by VRgamesterz »

Palmer, I didn't like the 5" clear magnifier, nice size but you couldn't have the lcd close as with the one from MRG2.2. Atleast for me it wasn't any good because my screen is the 5.6, now maybe a 7 or 8.9 it might be worth it but still atleast it had to be 4 inches away I think! I tried to cut down to size my fresnel lens to 5x5 and mounted it easy in my helmet but I want to keep the distance around 2 to 2 1/2 and I had to have it at 4 inches with that as well, so im gonna stick with the 2x4 3x mag and keep it at that. I do have some credit card fresnels coming just to give them a look and see how they pan out.

That little screen is pretty awesome, bright , sharp and the colors were very nice.

Either way, I look at it like this, the screen itself is bigger then what we get in today's low HMD's and if you can do without the 3d, still getting an immersive screen is pretty cool and not busting the savings, yeah we have to do some molding and get alittle creative but I think when im done this will be well worth it.

ltr...
PalmerTech

Post by PalmerTech »

Yeah, I got mine too, same conclusion.

I got an 800x600 8.9" panel now! And it works really, really well, fills the entire thing nearly to the edges! :) And it works in an MRG shell, too.

I just shipped off my fully completed 1280x800 MRG to Cyberreality, who will review it, and then on it goes to either Ido, or maybe someone else in the interim, not sure yet. But my second MRG shell is definitely going to get this 800x600 panel. :)

What I really want to do is build a miniature Planar 3D setup for an HMD. It would be the definition of overkill. :lol:

I will be posting pics in the next day or so, I took some before I shipped it off, but I need time to organize a writeup around them.
ido
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by ido »

Yes. Thank you again Palmer for your work on my MRG... I can't wait to look at it.

Cyberreality, feel free to PM me your impressions of it once you get it I'd love to hear about it.

Also Palmer if you ever do another HMD and send it out to someone I'd love to give it a try first if you wouldn't mind. The 800x600 screen sounds like you'd get a little more FOV out of it, which would be pretty damn cool.

Either way, can't wait to get it. I've never had an HMD with over 800x600... and that was really horrible FOV compared to what I'll be getting here.

Also Palmer added a little something to counteract the weight of the helmet and also give force feedback. Can't beat that.
Okta

Post by Okta »

Looks like a few of us are getting the into the immersive hmd's now. I think we should partition Neil for a VR sub catagory. Ive been playing around with controllers and my hmd and i think this is where it gets interesting. I will start a thread dedicated to that for now.

http://www.mtbs3d.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=11134" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
"I did not chip in ten grand to seed a first investment round to build value for a Facebook acquisition."
Notch on the FaceDisgrace buyout.
PalmerTech

Post by PalmerTech »

http://www.mtbs3d.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=120&t=11070" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Okta

Post by Okta »

Just had a though about peripheral vision with these things. Lots of talk about ambilight setups but how do they work? I expect you need a row of leds combined with a row of sensors for each edge of the display and logic curcuit to make it reproduce the color detected at the screen edge? Sounds pretty intensive.

Had a simpler idea. How about frosted mirrors or glass along each edge that reflect a portion of the screen edge to your periphery that is blended or smudged by the frosting? It would be reversed but smudging it enough will just reproduce the colors you want and fill your view.

Anyone?
"I did not chip in ten grand to seed a first investment round to build value for a Facebook acquisition."
crim3
Certif-Eyed!

Post by crim3 »

The resolution of the eyes at the periphery is nothing but crap. That's why I think that we don't need to fill all the field with high resolution graphics and that a couple of very low resolution displays at either side of the main display would do a decent work. I mentioned it some time ago. But it would require lot of custom solutions (hardware and software) to have a system with 4 displays, two with low resolution and monoscopic graphics and two for the main view with high resolution and stereo. A real mess.

What you have proposed on the second part of your post could be a great solution. To stretch a few columns of pixels of the main displays to cover the periphery instead of using those extra low resolution displays I told about. That could work.
How to do it, that's another story.

When thinking about how to fill the periphery the key is taking into account the very low resolution of the eyes in that area. You have found what I think is the right way.
Zalman Trimon ZM-M220W / Acer H5360 with Another Eye2000 shutters / nVIDIA GTX760
VRgamesterz
Cross Eyed!

Post by VRgamesterz »

Ok Fellas, hows the HMD progress coming?

We've seen Sinsilla's project with the VFX-shell, OKta, you've built some things? Any pic's so far?

Palmer did a Mod with the MRG2.2 shell for Ido, I guess Cybereality is getting a closer look at it for a review soon!

I myself just got finished with a cover that I made out of Plaster and then used Bondo to smooth it out and make it more sturdy. Im not using the MRG shell but I will be using the Magnifier and a new welder google that the magnifier fits in.

Im using the 5.6 LCD from Vitrolight, awesome little screen, words can't describe the quality at 1280x800. I bought the 7in1 board with HMDI,DVI etc. but it's like 8 inches long, it would look to wierd on my helmet design so I bought the smaller VGA board, no other connections. The size is around a cell phone, plus the little board with the buttons for on/off etc. So no problems hiding that.

Im ready to put everything together once I test this new board and get a new paint job on it. The only issue I guess is not doing 3d in this setup, even know that I did test red/cyan with my proAnn glasses with some Painkiller and it did work pretty good. Noty sure if I want to even bother playing that way because of the headache I get after playing but it did work.

Once I get the paint on, I'll post some pic's of it finished.. Till then can't wait to see some pic's of the Mod Palmer and a review from Cyber....

Ku
Okta

Post by Okta »

VRgamesterz wrote:Ok Fellas, hows the HMD progress coming?

OKta, you've built some things? Any pic's so far?
SO far only the single screen HMD in my thread here with pics. Im still updating and improving it and playing with controller setups and tracking http://www.mtbs3d.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=5961" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
cybereality

Post by cybereality »

I didn't take any pictures of the mod Palmer did, but I did get to play with it for a weekend. First off the resolution and FOV were really impressive. It looked crystal clear at 1280 x 1024 (I think) and the FOV was around 95 degrees. You couldn't really take in the whole view without moving your eyes around. Very immersive. However the overall design of the unit made it cumbersome and uncomfortable to use. For starters the focus of the optics was all wrong. While it was clear, it basically felt like you were looking at a display directly in front of your eyes (not like the VR920, for example, where it appears a few feet out). This made it hard to focus and would surely lead to headaches after any amount of time. Secondly the physical unit was heavy and cumbersome and seemed too small for my face. It was very hard to put on and while wearing it it clamped my face so I couldn't breathe out of my nose. Not good. So I was happy to get the chance to try out an advanced prototype HMD, but those issues stopped it from being a truly engaging experience. Hopefully later prototypes will solve those issues.
SinSilla
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by SinSilla »

Hey Fellas,

took a little timeout...

I received my little gyration mouse for tracking purposes in the meantime!

It works surprisingly good and obviously adds very much to the overall immersion. After half an hour of Far Cry 2 i took of my HMD and was really confused cause i absolutely lost orientation in my real environment. :D

So, while all of this is really fun and awesome i still decided to sell my unit cause i want to focus again on my other hobby, homecinema.

You have seen the pictures, it´s not an industry quality product, but it works and it could either be enhanced or torn apart if necessary.

The kit would include:

- modified VFX-1 Shell
- Hydis 5,6" WVGA Panel /incl. VGA Controller (Euro Power Plug if compatible)
- Eschenbach Aspheric II Lens
- Gyration Gyrotransport: Pro (Airmouse)
- VGA-Cable / Audio Cable (3,5mm) - both ~5m long

Hook me up with a pm if you are interested or have any questions.

Greetings,

Sin
PalmerTech

Post by PalmerTech »

http://altvr.modretro.com/index.php" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

It would be great if y'all could help me try to fill it out. :) I have some really, really neat stuff to post in the next week!
VRgamesterz
Cross Eyed!

Post by VRgamesterz »

Palmer, what would it take to use 2 laser pico's, projecting them downward like those tiny lcd screens in the vuzix, you wouldn't really need a lens to make the image bigger like the lens that the lcd sat on, but then what? What would the beam hit and direct off to make a screen? I took apart the vuzix and saw how its setup, Im just lost on what is seeing the small lcd and sending it make one screen, what part is doing this and can this be done with pico PJ? Im shocked compaines aren't taking these apart and stuffing them inside to get a big FOV , there must be more to it that I don't understand, just curious!! I remember someone posting about something that reflex the image, are they to big? to $$$.

Ok I just took apart the trimersion set, I see those koplins 922k, under the lcd's are tiny magnifiers, what we look through, has some sort of glass angled so the image hits that and then displays on this curved shaped mirror, from a distance it has my face image upside down, but when I get real close to it I can see my eyeball pretty clear and upright, now what part is that? Why is it curved?

Mike
PalmerTech

Post by PalmerTech »

If I understand the first part correctly, the main answer is cost. It costs so, so much more to use dual laser scanners than LCDs. And even with a laser projector, you would still need optics, not to make the image "bigger", but to make it possible to focus on.

The Trimersion headset uses the same system as the old i-Glasses, which I have also taken apart. The curved part that is reflecting the image back is a mirror, a magnification mirror. It lets you avoid using a lens. It would be a great way to make a DIY HMD, if they could be custom fabricated in larger sizes.
Teluan
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Teluan »

What a fascinating thread and an important piece of VR history! I could not help but think as I read that there must have been similar discussions between Steve Jobs and Steve Wozniak way back in the 1970s :-)

VRMattthew
yautjacetanu
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by yautjacetanu »

Edit: this was irrelevant
cybereality

Post by cybereality »

Nice grave-dig.
equusvenustas
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by equusvenustas »

So this is were all started! :woot i will do my best to aport something substantial to the community but i hope geekmaster dont beat me to it :roll:
ido
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by ido »

I have GOT to make a thread about the PR1 prototype Palmer made for me and take a video.

Cyber, you and palmers names are still on it.
martinlandau
Certif-Eyed!

Post by martinlandau »

Last visit was: Wed Sep 30, 2009 2:55 am A moment that will always play heavily in my life's journey! I am back! A little older, hopefully a whole lot wiser.

The shoulders we all stand on: http://www.theverge.com/a/virtual-reality

Geekmaster pictures would like to Introduce:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8f-3FbTfoI8

A special movie, to celebrate Neil and Pam allowing me back into my brain links here. Thank you both tremendously. An unexpected christmas gift that fills my holiday with joy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jfXtzBRX3sg

Why not the thread at MTBS3D that started palmer and it all. This was a 1973 german film that was considered to be the godfather to the matrix line of movies.
Welt am Draht. World on a Wire.
I had never heard of it until recently when looking at http://michaelgr.com/2008/05/09/virtual ... i-paradox/ about the fermi paradox
this movie is the embodiment of the oft referenced meme.

This seems appropriate too. Without Kevin Williams I am not sure where I would be today.

Notice the curved screen? Allowing for a wider FOV and different optics. This was a prank, but I think gives a good idea of where we are headed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CAtrkMGNp0o

And last but not least Nathan Barnatt, for without his humor, and making us all laugh, I am not sure Neil and I would have ever mindmelded again. Laughter healed our rift.
Last edited by martinlandau on Wed Dec 24, 2014 12:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
The futures so bright, I gotta wear shades!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WDdI_sfNop8" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
cybereality

Post by cybereality »

Ha! Welcome back and happy holidays!
metalqueen

Post by metalqueen »

Martin Landau! I've missed you! :woot
- Non-profit, non-partisan.
- Features user contributed education sessions, blogs, and content.
- Safe to interact, registration requires formal non-disclosure agreement. Membership list is equally confidential.
- Open to all except press. People can join as individuals or companies.
- People say the industry needs to get together and learn from one another. This is our chance.
geekmaster
Petrif-Eyed

Post by geekmaster »

@martinlandau: Where did that "Geek Master Pictures" video come from? I would have done something more original and less likely to draw trademark infringement claims from a well-known movie studio. I have my own idea for something completely original I designed decades ago, so I have no need to modify an iconic video as was done here. Though I must admit it is clever nonetheless...

@equusvenustas: No worries about me beating you to anything at the moment. I stopped following all Oculus Rift threads, and moved on to NON-tech forums (to learn basic and advanced social skills), after the DK2 shipped and I did NOT get the sponsored DK2 I was waiting for. However, I took an interest in VR again after I was recruited into a private VR forum that shall remain unnamed. I have been very busy giving DK1 demos at private parties in my home state and neighboring states, and I am surprised how much folks love VR who did not even know what it was. Many of them want to buy an Oculus Rift now. And I have been thinking about working on my own VR content again too. But I still need a DK2...

@y'all: I seem to have suffered the consequences of a mostly-hidden battle in our VR our community, though I tried to distance myself from it and concentrate on building a better world. Not having a DK2 was discouraging enough for me to give up on VR for more than half a year, though I am regaining a mild interest. I need a little more encouragement for it to capture my passion once again. You may PM me for details...

EDIT: After posting this message, I discovered that I really have remained passionate about VR all this time. So much so that I now find it hard to breathe right now, after posting the above message. I am befuddled that I was so emotionally devastated at finding myself dragged unwillingly into this VR battle (mostly conducted via emails and PMs and reddit) though I tried hard to ignore it and requested to NOT be CC'd in emails. Then when DK2s shipped (leaving me behind), I needed to go find something completely different (nontechnical) to occupy my hopes and dreams, until I was ready to return. My intense feelings now indicate these psychic wounds have not healed. I think getting a DK2 will help overcome these feelings -- a new toy always captures my interests...
Dilip
Certif-Eyed!

Post by Dilip »

geekmaster wrote:After the DK2 shipped and I did NOT get the sponsored DK2 I was waiting for. However, I took an interest in VR again after I was recruited into a private VR forum that shall remain unnamed. I have been very busy giving DK1 demos at private parties in my home state and neighboring states, and I am surprised how much folks love VR who did not even know what it was. Many of them want to buy an Oculus Rift now. And I have been thinking about working on my own VR content again too. But I still need a DK2...
Sourness, then source of it..... and with solution too.
Here though big fact is 'recruited in VR forum' if that include monetary gain. IMHO Aren't you already rewarded while invested in VR hobby.

Sure not sending DK2 if promised could hurt. Plz don't buy CV and will finish circle. You can buy your self dk2 too,if future gain out of dev kit results is guaranteed.Considering ur expertise.. (I admire :) ) Instead make ur own....

( No offense again. You are VR knowledge source...Expressed just as you posted this in public)
geekmaster
Petrif-Eyed

Post by geekmaster »

Dilip wrote:Sourness, then source of it..... and with solution too.
Here though big fact is 'recruited in VR forum' if that include monetary gain. IMHO Aren't you already rewarded while invested in VR hobby.

Sure not sending DK2 if promised could hurt. Plz don't buy CV and will finish circle. You can buy your self dk2 too,if future gain out of dev kit results is guaranteed.Considering ur expertise.. (I admire :) ) Instead make ur own....

( No offense again. You are VR knowledge source...Expressed just as you posted this in public)
Not sourness as such -- just disappointment and distraction. I was caught in the middle of a bunch of drama, though I tried to avoid it. I have also been dealing with a death in the family and other issues at that time. I have done some work on a DIY HMD during this time, and a lot more thought into my software projects. The problem was not inability to buy my own, but rather a diversion away from here for awhile to lessen the discomfort (not getting a DK2 was just the final push to go do something else for awhile). My thoughts are returning here, to be followed soon by my passion. This is really what I want to do. A DK2 will get me interested in using the SDK instead of just talking direct to the USB HID interface...

EDIT: Regarding "recruited", that is an unpaid task, and I really need a DK2 to contribute in a meaningful way. I want to help with that effort, so I really do need to get a DK2. My funds are at a point where I really do need to continue getting sponsorship for my R&D and such in VR space. I have recently received sponsorship for a trip to CES, and some non-Rift VR gear that I have not yet ordered. But a DK2 would be a nice incentive too...
martinlandau
Certif-Eyed!

Post by martinlandau »

http://osvr.com/ The circle is complete, the rift that happened between myself, niel, padawan, geekmaster, so many others, it is coming back together, think dark crystal movie where the light side and dark side reunite. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YqwW8Y5AX9M 6 years of humanitys time wasted because of rifts, all the politics, greed, silly drama really from the macro scale. The guys on mars laughing at us all as the asteroid spirals towards us.

I do like geekmaster says, I try to think of various path chains and alternate timelines, I often think where would we all be today had I not been such an asshat clown (http://www.academia.edu/4039667/The_Hac ... euromancer - this really defines my personality type - I try hard to always laugh but sometimes the things I do hurt people and I don't mean to do it, I am just getting a troll laugh, but look at the rift that happened, I really think we all would be further down this reality if not for my antics, forces were melding together back in 2009, that just now seem to be getting back on track again).

Anyways shadowbanned at reddit, but good history here that involves many players:
http://www.reddit.com/user/martinlandau/

My recall of history. Razer and Sensics(!) announce $199 ‘Hacker Dev Kit’ VR Headset... and it has hardware IPD and diopter adjustments! by kontisin oculus
[–]martinlandau 1 point 36 minutes ago*
Things were PROGRESSING without money on the open source HMD, I remember when he was going to deliver 100 kits to all of us - my original business plan I told him to do, get wide FOV hmd, get kit together, sell it to public or ebay or something, this all verified in original thread:http://www.mtbs3d.com/phpbb/viewtopic.p ... 23&start=0 (I was incognito later but still helping him in many anonymous ways) Some guy got on his old site talking about a 1000hz TRACKER! Holy poop we were all shitting bricks! The guy was from germany I believe, (but like niel booting me before I could record palmers home address he sent me in 2009 to do business deal, I didn't save it at the time, just assuming it would be there the next day, so I came back the next day and BOOM! It was gone, the info to this guy with the 1000hz tracker! (is universe loving with me, how all these opportunities come and blow up in my face in 24 hours time? Am I seeing patterns that arent really there? And that info never came back again (I was about to contact the guy for my own projects too), and a short time later Sith iribe had corrupted padawan off the path of OPEN source and into kingmakers zuckered pockets! AT mtbs3d, I had found some company in sweden or nordic country - damn cant remember, something about 3d technology similar to the 144hz being used at the movies, and posted at MTBS3D how we all could get access to this stuff, day later that info was taken down from the internet. Kinda like facebook altering newsfeeds maybe. Another meme to tie in with this one (I am shadowbanned, wish you could post for me) I was at a space conference and they were talking about carbon nanotubes and space elevators, and guy was saying in the early days, when the carbon nanotubes were short, all scientists globally were sharing research and knowledge, things were going along GREAT, fast progress for all of humanity, but then when they were able to make nanotubes about 3 times as long as the early days, governments and SUITS types realized HOLY poop, this stuff is real, and soon! Change the world! And the scientists were forbid in china and USA and other places from talking to each other again, it all went behind the curtain, and who knows how that delayed progress, the dinosaurs died from asteroid issues, we don't have TIME for this bullshit, time is against us, we need to get to type 1 civilization FAST (kaku on type 1, 2, 3 space faring society) This is why I always have bad feelings for padawan, I needed that 1000hz tracker, lots of people did, to make PROGRESS good for all of humanity, he sold out to sith iribe, /fail. (edit - polarization rotator seems to come to mind when thinking about 144hz stuff that went dark)
permalinksavecontextfull comments (51)editdisable inbox repliesdelete
Razer and Sensics(!) announce $199 ‘Hacker Dev Kit’ VR Headset... and it has hardware IPD and diopter adjustments! by kontisin oculus
[–]martinlandau 1 point 59 minutes ago
I am shadowbanned, the tyrants at the top have determined you guys can't censor for yourself and will do pink floyd thought control, however I do love the tip of your hat to my trollness ;) You make my mentors johnnyx, the 2600 club, cult of the dead cow, weev, and so many others PROUD of thier padawan. What made my youth great was not the commodores, or amigas, or ataris, or brabens elite, or ultima or http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dungeon_Ma ... ideo_game) (and bards tale 2 the destiny knight got thousands of replays by my mind) but all the hacker groups stealing software, hacking hardware, really innovating, that is what I got up for everyday, FOR FREE, to enjoy. I love how this razer guys are fostering a new ecosystem to do this (I always had a philosophical difference with padawan on MONEY and iribes and zuckers having to come along to make this happen, but who knows)
Trickster badge for you: http://www.academia.edu/4039667/The_Hac ... euromancer
http://www.reddit.com/r/oculus/comments ... eo/cngfqnk
Alkis seem to have manic bi polar issues too, too much online, too much hacker groups, too much breaking into "wargames" computers, mind is slowly fading, memory issues are cropping up and I can't keep up with marilu henner. Do have nice story to share about sensics however relating to david smith of wearality and pentagon before the memories are gone for good, like roy batty, bladerunner, tears in the rain.
Was at the national defense university, had already had my split with Niel at mtbs3d, but still had tons of business cards I had printed up with MTBS3D logo, when I was a reporter for niel. Federal Consortium of virtual worlds was hosting, david smith was keynoting on alan kay topics. Guy from the pentagon was there talking about smiths colony game being used for cyberwarrior training way back in the day, the early 80's. David trolled him like I have never seen someone troll a pentagon guy before (and i tried hard - I bow to david) I almost fell over from laughter. Anyways sensics was there, demoing new very expensive HMD, I had long talk with the guy, gave him my MTBS3D business card and said make sure you contact niel and go to MTBS3D and check out palmer luckey open source HMD thread, he said he had never heard of MTBS3D (who knows, those pentagon spook types lie all the time and for good reason) but he seemed like a nice guy. Strangely enough the pentagon guy that david trolled that day was big philip k dick fan, told me the guy was batshit insane, I just happened to have a bladerunner tshirt (with leon saying, wake up deckard, time to die - how evil, couldn't even kill the guy in his sleep, had to wake him up to face death and pain! - LOL!) and I had a 3dnintendo, I took david smiths sterescopic picture with it and gave to the pentagon guy along with the blade runner shirt. My mind has been damaged awhile eh? Pentagon guy told me that the emergency disaster relief center was in the bottom of the 911 towers but he had new virtual world emergency disaster centers going, in second life, alpha world, etc and that the military was making their own virtual reality milnet network because too many state secrets were being lost on secondlife! I left the country a few days later trying to do tax get out of jail free deal like weev has just recently done, like jim rogers (he expatriated to singapore) but after travelling the world think I like the USA just fine and glad to be back home. (perhaps you could share with the community since I can not, interesting troll history?)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WDdI_sfNop8" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
martinlandau
Certif-Eyed!

Post by martinlandau »

Wish I could read my private messages, I have apologized to niel many times online and at various places offline and even in person at e3 that I was suffering huge emotional issues from my dad dying. I really just want to see that private message that Palmer sent in 2009, with his address, where from my reality, the rift started. I would like to know the day and time. Many people have called me a psychopath believing in fantasy, that he never sent that, and I want to show them they are wrong.
Dilip
Certif-Eyed!

Post by Dilip »

@martinlandau

Great to know you love StarWars...Me too. :)

Star Wars: Episode VII - The Force Awakens
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OMOVFvcNfvE

Light saber with horizontal light blades on both sides though looks Nasty, its bad idea practically from worriers PoV.
More chances of damaging self then causing it.
Dilip
Certif-Eyed!

Post by Dilip »

martinlandau wrote: short time later Sith iribe had corrupted padawan off the path of OPEN source and into kingmakers zuckered pockets!
Dont you think that Padwan was Actually ANAKIN SKYWALKER. who was wrongly nurtured and tought in ways of force by Obiwan Neil and YoDa Geekmaster and Master ViNDU you know whom.

Anakin was good in begining, helping people out without his own cause. Always good at tinkering with Mechs. Then he got courrupted by palpatine Zukerberg who offered immense power (money) to win over sized to being. Palpatine want this new apprentice who is strong in force to save his daying order (FB) and set Tyrannical Galactic Empire (VR FB). Sadly luke is not born yet ;) And Yoda,Obiwan and Vindu were blinded by power of the Darkside.

(PS: I have no personal issues with any one stated above, just few amendments suggested in VR StarWars :) )
martinlandau
Certif-Eyed!

Post by martinlandau »

LOL! Yes that is EXACTLY how I feel, its not so much a padawan personal morals problem, but as jaron says, we should not have socioeconomic systems that can give 1 person 600 billion dollars, and the rest of us NOTHING! Its a system design issue, at least that is how I see it as a network engineer. All this coattaling on padawans fame is just a tool for me to bring exposure to the issue and get feedback from others on what they think, he takes it all SO PERSONALLY though, and I have told him many times not to do that, not to confuse his personal humanity underneath with his celebrity image, like that link on facebook I posted in the other thread, people are associating thier FACEBOOK profile as more important than thier REAL HUMAN SOUL AND BODY because the facebook profile can offer more attention, and facebook is writing algorithms to appeal to this, you don't have to assign a NEFARIOUS intent to say, hey wait a second, this is not gonna be good long term, this road to hell paved with good intentions may not be where we want to end up. But you may like this image, I like the way you think, Obi Neil, indeed.

EDIT: Maybe you could put master vindu in that image, with yoda geekmaster, and obi niel, and certainlY I would like master Kevin in the image too (with a purple lightsaber), if I get time maybe I will do it too.
Last edited by martinlandau on Wed Jan 07, 2015 4:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
geekmaster
Petrif-Eyed

Post by geekmaster »

Yoda Geekmaster?

Yoda quotes:

“When nine hundred years old you reach, look as good you will not.”

“Truly wonderful, the mind of a child is.”

“Always pass on what you have learned.”

“You will know (the good from the bad) when you are calm, at peace. Passive. A Jedi uses the Force for knowledge and defense, never for attack.”

“When you look at the dark side, careful you must be. For the dark side looks back.”

“Many of the truths that we cling to depend on our point of view.”
martinlandau
Certif-Eyed!

Post by martinlandau »

We must have a new meme thread going here at the holy temple. I vote for an image building on the palmer annakin up above, with yoda geekmaster, obi niel, master vindu and kevin (with purple lightsaber), who else should be in the picture? Cyber certainly needs to be one of the jedi, hmmm.... I will think on it more....
martinlandau
Certif-Eyed!

Post by martinlandau »

“When you look at the dark side, careful you must be. For the dark side looks back.” LOL! I forgot this one geek, reminds me of hal holbrook in wall street telling young bud fox, be careful when fighting monsters, that you dont become them (neithczhe) and when you look into the abyss, it looks back into you, (many at reddit have said PALMER had to do the money zucker route, but maybe this meme applies heavily, in trying to fight the monsters, he became one?

[youtube-hd]youtube.com/watch?v=7b4BcbhGggM[/youtube-hd]

The republican capitalist in me just cant find fault with padawans GREED, greed is GOOD, it clarified, sheep that are dumb enough to be robbed and raped deserve everything that zucker and carmy and palmy are bringing to them and thier children.

[youtube-hd]youtube.com/watch?v=PF_iorX_MAw[/youtube-hd]

The rest of you whiners preaching star wars philosophy know those high class hookers are good! I will end with mel brooks - my ultimate space balls spritual guru as president scroob:

[youtube-hd]youtube.com/watch?v=StJS51d1Fzg[/youtube-hd]

Return to “General VR/AR Discussion”