Nolo 6 dof controller for OSVR or mobile Vr

Talk about Head Mounted Displays (HMDs), augmented reality, wearable computing, controller hardware, haptic feedback, motion tracking, and related topics here!
Dom
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Nolo 6 dof controller for OSVR or mobile Vr

Post by Dom »

Hi, I got an email the other day for Nolo 6 dof controllers, They have a discount code to use on their site too, here's the links.

https://www.nolovr.com/store/pre-order-regular-nolo-set
nolo2.jpg
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EUsEWDQJrSU
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
http://www.cns-nynolyt.com/files/doms-systemspecs.html My System specs In HTML

Cyberia on Youtube

__________________________________________________________________________________________
Dilip
Certif-Eyed!

Re: Nolo 6 dof controller for OSVR or mobile Vr

Post by Dilip »

Are you going to buy this?

Scope of usage is very limited as for mobile VR its going to support Steam Titles for those who don't have VR headset and use Mobile+Cardboard

As cardboard app them selves do not need/support positionally tracked controllers while used with Cardboard, so goes with Gear VR (so far no apps that required Vive like controllers in Gear VR)
so though this may be good. If you ever buy this question in my mind is how are you going to use it???

Also as you already purchased HDK2 which has its own more precise IR tracking, why would you go for NOLO tracking which is acoustic and not so precise is beyond me.
for HDK2 buyers i think its useless for positional tracking may be some value as VIVE WAND EMULATORS but i doubt it has all equal keys and functions supported.

Since you already invested in VIVE too, why would you want NOLO for Steam VR games??
Dom
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Post by Dom »

I was thinking about buying it, but its 149.00 dollars regularly 199.99 so I was wondering if its anygood. Nolo got support from OSVR razer so I thought it must be kind of worth using. I have my osvr headset in my office and my Vive in the living room. When I watch and use Jaunt Vr on my osvr I need to use the Vive controllers.

I have a leap motion hooked to my Razer osvr but its kind of finicky as Vive controllers. I thought the tracking on this unit would be better than Ir tracking no? Whats acoustic tracking mean? how is Nolo tracking, it has round balls with some sort of sensors and they say its accurate to 2mm and that you can play any steam game.

What other controller are there going to be? This might be the only one for sale for osvr, i don't know.
I don't need it that bad, just thought it would finish my osvr setup nicely. I only have untill June 13 to use that coupon after that the Nolo will be 200 bucks plus 20 for shipping and probably duties maybe.

For mobile, they want you to use your cardboard hooked to your pc and use steamVr, this is their solution. Instead of using trinusVr i think.
http://www.cns-nynolyt.com/files/doms-systemspecs.html My System specs In HTML

Cyberia on Youtube

__________________________________________________________________________________________
Dilip
Certif-Eyed!

Post by Dilip »

Dom wrote:Whats acoustic tracking mean?
Acoustic tracking means tracking that is using sound instead of infrared light (Rift) or Laser+Infra red (Vive), though NOLO TRACKING is not 100% acoustic also,
Being major part acoustic (ultrasonic) it also utilities an intriguing fusion of several tracking technologies optic, acoustic, and radio signals.
Is it better then IR tracking? May be yes, may be no as there are no many third party reviews yet.

Dom wrote:For mobile, they want you to use your cardboard hooked to your pc and use steamVr, this is their solution. Instead of using trinusVr i think.
Its because they are no Carboard or VR app on market as of now which are made using their SDK also current GearVR or Cardboard Apps don't understand what to do with data nolo sensors provides.
So to tackle chicken and egg question as intrim measure NOLO want you to use your cardboard hooked to your pc and use steamVr.

Nolo feeds positional tracking information back into the mobile phone powering the experience (be that cardboard, GearVR or Daydream) but of course the application receiving that
data needs to be built to support positional tracking in order to use it.
Here lies trouble means all standard GearVR and Cardboard Apps on market will not benefit from this tracking capabilities
when you receive it...its new tech and this is bound to happen so advice is wait and watch if you have intentions of Wireless Cardboard and Gear VR positional tracked gaming...

For Use as Steam VR there may be silver line in cloud, don't know their level of emulation of Vive controllers (How good or bad they replicate original vive controllers),
so double check that before you make buying decision (Again Tough Call)

Return to “General VR/AR Discussion”