Wired Magazine story about Magic Leap.

Talk about Head Mounted Displays (HMDs), augmented reality, wearable computing, controller hardware, haptic feedback, motion tracking, and related topics here!
budda
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Wired Magazine story about Magic Leap.

Post by budda »

Hi,

Seems Wired is covering virtual reality quite a bit these days.

An extensive article about magic leap - the mixed reality headset - is covered.

All the major players—Facebook, Google, Apple, Amazon, Microsoft, Sony, Samsung—have whole groups dedicated to artificial reality, and they’re hiring more engineers daily. Facebook alone has over 400 people working on VR. Then there are some 230 other companies, such as Meta, the Void, Atheer, Lytro, and 8i, working furiously on hardware and content for this new platform. To fully appreciate Magic Leap’s gravitational pull, you really must see this emerging industry—every virtual-reality and mixed-reality headset, every VR camera technique, all the novel VR applications, beta-version VR games, every prototype VR social world.

Like I did—over the past five months.

Then you will understand just how fundamental virtual reality technology will be, and why businesses like Magic Leap have an opportunity to become some of the largest companies ever created.
http://www.wired.com/2016/04/magic-leap-vr/
Krenzo
Binocular Vision CONFIRMED!

Re: Wired Magazine story about Magic Leap.

Post by Krenzo »

The most intense and complete sense of subconscious presence that I experienced occurred with a system called the Void, which debuted at the 2016 TED conference.
This was my favorite part. :D
brantlew
Petrif-Eyed

Post by brantlew »

Krenzo wrote:
The most intense and complete sense of subconscious presence that I experienced occurred with a system called the Void, which debuted at the 2016 TED conference.
This was my favorite part. :D

Room-scale / shoom-scale. I always said continuous locomotion is where things really kick-in. :)

Seriously though, the most intriguing thing about Magic Leap is the supposed varlable-focus capability. If that is true I think it would be a presence multiplier, on-par with positional parallax in terms of the amount of realism it would convey to the virtual world. Unfortunately, they don't seem to have demonstrated that in the released videos.
Dilip
Certif-Eyed!

Post by Dilip »

https://www.magicleap.com/

Product displayed..

Return to “General VR/AR Discussion”