VR & AR HMD Blogging the entire 5 days of Gamescom 2015

Talk about Head Mounted Displays (HMDs), augmented reality, wearable computing, controller hardware, haptic feedback, motion tracking, and related topics here!
Thegameveda
One Eyed Hopeful

VR & AR HMD Blogging the entire 5 days of Gamescom 2015

Post by Thegameveda »

Join me and a cast of 350000 in our VR and AR Augmented Memory of attending 5 days of Gamescom 2015.

http://the-games-veda.blogspot.co.uk/20 ... ng-vr.html

So how much disruption could I cause at the greatest game show on Earth and how could I use this to test and study HMD tech and use further?

Come walk the 32.5 miles of Gamescom 2015 I did in VR, every hall ( I was conscious in) , as I chase the latest HMD tech, from Zeiss who I am there with, to HTC Vive, to our friends at OVR, to Sony Project Morpheus and use Augmented Memory VR to let you walk with the 350000 strong crowd, or experience the relative serenity of walking the same halls on trade day.

We will also attend the entire Start Citizen Cologne event on stage with Sandi Gardiner and Chris Roberts and from the view point of the crowd , meet David Braben and teach him to use Google Glass... and experience the show over 5 days. Brendan was hiding this time, though I don't know take a look around he and the rest of the gang might be there... in one of the videos ... The hall I happened to be based in had Braben, Roberts, HTC and all the indie games you could wish for ...

I can't share the beer with you though ... yet in any VR ... including the mighty CV1 ... fixit JC !

I am trying to evolve the concept of Augmented memory here, as well as studying the limits of VR video and photography here and using the 5 days of Gamescom and it's attendees /exhibitors to help in this endeavour ... wow this is just like Cecile B De Mille would have felt right? I am also capturing VR feedback of how people react to all these wonderful games and VR devices... as well as playing many games and discussing the future of VR and HMD.

View on your phone , tap the Google Cardboard icon and view the youtube videos in VR, on your Gear VR, VR One , Rifts , Star VR ....really looking forward to trying these on my Holographic Bleen Prototypes next month... fingers crossed

Note the vastly different reaction to Google Glass I got at Gamescom ( real people) to E3 ( trade people) .... fascinating

more to follow

Return to “General VR/AR Discussion”