Can someone help me set up Skyrim on the rift? I followed an

Talk about Head Mounted Displays (HMDs), augmented reality, wearable computing, controller hardware, haptic feedback, motion tracking, and related topics here!
irrelevant_pelican
One Eyed Hopeful

Can someone help me set up Skyrim on the rift? I followed an

Post by irrelevant_pelican »

Here is the guide I followed:

http://www.reddit.com/r/oculus/comments ... yrim_with/

My specs:
----------------------------------------------------

GTX 770

i7 4770k @ 3.50 GHz

16.0 GB of RAM

Windows 8.1 64 bit Pro Edition

With my specs, shouldn't I at least be able to play on medium at 75 fps the whole time on the rift? Or no?

Things I've done so far:
--------------------------------------------------------------------

-Got Mod Organizer
-Got Skyrim Script Extender
-Turned shadows off
-Activated the memory boost
-Lowered settings to low

Now, onto the issues:
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

-I'm only able to get 50-60 fps walking around in a town on low settings. But this is unplayable, objects don't pop up until they're right in front of me. I don't know enemies are attacking me until I hear them and my health lowers.

Ideally I'd like to be able to play on high and get 75 fps. I'm not even using any graphical mods.

-http://i.imgur.com/MJTwthN.png Originally, before I started vireio and skyrim, I got this error when trying to play on the TV. It has to be somehow related to my rift being 1080p and my TV only being 720.

-I cannot play Skyrim on my television anymore. It automatically starts vireio perception. What I mean is, it plays on my TV, and it's in stereoscopic 3d, i.e. the screen in split in half and I see a double image. Even if I restart the computer and don't touch perception, Skyrim starts like this.

I would really appreciate it if someone could give me a hand.
cybereality
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Re: Can someone help me set up Skyrim on the rift? I followe

Post by cybereality »

If you want to remove Perception, you can use the Vireio Symlink Installer to remove the link, or go into the Skyrim folder and delete d3d9.dll.

Return to “General VR/AR Discussion”