Wireless Android PC Cloud Linked VR+Cloud Based HeadTracking

Talk about Head Mounted Displays (HMDs), augmented reality, wearable computing, controller hardware, haptic feedback, motion tracking, and related topics here!
Thegameveda
One Eyed Hopeful

Wireless Android PC Cloud Linked VR+Cloud Based HeadTracking

Post by Thegameveda »

Mobilizing VR : Wireless Android PC Cloud Linked VR + Cloud based accelerometer head tracking+ how and why Google Cardboard Android VR > Oculus Rift DK2 PC VRhttp://the-games-veda.blogspot.com/2014 ... cloud.html

The mobile VR rev is in full force .. whilst still doing my Rift D2 now 3 month review .. I took some time out to respond to some inspiration envy from Mr Carmack ( Acronym JC) teasing me about GearVR and something I am sure is another Palmer misquote about VR and Halo not being made for each other..

So this is how to bring the cloud to mobile VR using a Samsung Galaxy S4 Google Cardboard VR HMD . This will also apply to mobile VR head sets like GearVR , VR One and that new one they are unveiling at a NASA meetup ( like VR needs more Rocket Scientists right JC!).

This cloud VR HMD test yielded some interesting and unexpected results when it comes to screen door, visible pixels chromatic aberration and HMD design.. and the choice of phone/phablet for such HMDs..

Return to “General VR/AR Discussion”