6dof, VR video, 1080p video screen, battery.....

Talk about Head Mounted Displays (HMDs), augmented reality, wearable computing, controller hardware, haptic feedback, motion tracking, and related topics here!
Mokibi
One Eyed Hopeful

6dof, VR video, 1080p video screen, battery.....

Post by Mokibi »

So I was curious.....

A while back I saw a video on youtube about a Vr "Ninja" I tried looking up the video a few days ago
and didnt find anything.... I'll keep looking but... In the video the dude wearing the rift was able to
run around a room, popping a balloon....

I can't remember but I don't think there were any cameras tracking his movements.... at least I hope there werent....
Anyone know what I'm talking about? Is this the 6dof people were talking about? How cheap do you think that hardware was?

Also, I was curious, and I asked Mr Carmack on his twitter about this but..... since I want to move the screen closer
to the face, would 1080p be effective? or would the SDE be too noticeable? Also how expensive would one of those
pentile screens used to reduce the SDE (or at least for 720p screens, do they exist for 1080?)?

Anyone know how much a battery for a 1080p screen and some other functions (although not complicated) last?
Anyone know if such a battery can stream for 6 hrs+? what are the battery lifes on current gen phones?

Let me know if anyone has any ideas about this stuff, thanks!

-Mokibi

Return to “General VR/AR Discussion”