TrackMod V3 TrackIR / Rift aiming hack

Talk about Head Mounted Displays (HMDs), augmented reality, wearable computing, controller hardware, haptic feedback, motion tracking, and related topics here!
WiredEarp
Golden Eyed Wiseman! (or woman!)

TrackMod V3 TrackIR / Rift aiming hack

Post by WiredEarp »

Hi all

I thought I'd drop the most recent version of my Rift and TrackIR tracking mod for FarCry3 (DX9 mode only currently) and Comanche 4 here. I updated it last year to be modular (so other games can now be added pretty easily) and dropped in Rift support the other week, since I thought more people these days are using Rifts than TrackIR. To use it, just run it, choose a tracking type (if necessary) and click 'start'. It should automatically detect any compatible games. This is kind of legacy stuff that I no longer work on actively, so I might tidy up the source and release it if anyone is interested.

The main use of this mod is that it gives you absolute accuracy, so there is no drift or recentering to worry about. I was asked by a fellow mtbs3d user to make it compatible with the C4 demo (which is here http://files.novalogic.com/C4/c4_demo_122101_xx.exe) so I added that game to the list last week. Note that you can play C4 on the Oculus Rift by using 'dxwnd' application to force it into a window, and then running Oculus Overlay. If you want to make it 3D as well, you can use IZ3d drivers I believe (untested since I have no Rift atm, but looks like it worked when I tried).
trackmodv3.2.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by WiredEarp on Fri Jul 18, 2014 11:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
cybereality
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Re: TrackMod V3 TrackIR / Rift aiming hack

Post by cybereality »

Thanks for posting.

Return to “General VR/AR Discussion”