Simple Camera Calibration Tool and Intrinsics Database

Talk about Head Mounted Displays (HMDs), augmented reality, wearable computing, controller hardware, haptic feedback, motion tracking, and related topics here!
mkonrad
One Eyed Hopeful

Simple Camera Calibration Tool and Intrinsics Database

Post by mkonrad »

Hi there,

I just wanted to announce a small and simple OpenCV-based camera calibration tool and a database for camera intrinsics, which can be found here: https://github.com/htw-inka/cam-intrinsics-db

I know that OpenCV comes with example source code for camera calibration, but this tool is rather difficult to use as it requires to write XML settings first. The proposed tool works from the command line with just a bunch of program arguments. See the mentioned github repo for its features and more details.

Furthermore, the repository contains a database with the identified camera parameters of different devices. We hope that this database grows in the future and you're invited to submit your calibration results.
cybereality
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Re: Simple Camera Calibration Tool and Intrinsics Database

Post by cybereality »

Interesting. I'm sure people will find this useful.
zalo
Certif-Eyed!

Post by zalo »

It would be neat to get DK2's camera calibration characteristics coughcough
FingerFlinger
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by FingerFlinger »

The SDK will expose a way to read intrinsics and distortion coefficients directly from your DK2 camera, since they are individually calibrated at the factory.

Return to “General VR/AR Discussion”