Augmenting Elite Dangerous AR VR AVR Rift, ST1080 Cinemizer

Talk about Head Mounted Displays (HMDs), augmented reality, wearable computing, controller hardware, haptic feedback, motion tracking, and related topics here!
Thegameveda
One Eyed Hopeful

Augmenting Elite Dangerous AR VR AVR Rift, ST1080 Cinemizer

Post by Thegameveda »

30 years on from playing the original I find myself augmenting Elite Dangerous , with AR VR and AVR HMD gaming , with the first use of dual head trackers in a game , dual mode single head tracking on Oculus Rift, Cinemizer OLED and smd ST1080 HMDs , with TriDef 3D , in game native 3D and more ....

http://the-games-veda.blogspot.com/2014 ... rs-on.html

well JC wouldn't expect me to just strap on a Rift now would he ? ... shout out to old Angel Eyes ...

you will find full videos and TLDR discussion of the current issues and possible solutions to HMD gaming with Elite Dangerous using LFOV and WFOV HMDs, in the meantime enjoy some 3D gifs : using the the ST1080 HMD , the Cinemizer OLED and of course the Facebook Oculus Rift .. some of which even let you see me in the game .. hmmh maybe VR needs a new catchphrase ..to accompany the latest round of funding ?

If you would like to discuss how we use head tracking , dual head tracking , dual mode head tracking , exploit AR and VR and AVR to game, then great ...that's the point .. of this TLDR ..to think about that futcha that Angel Eyes and JC keep harping on about , dragging the Reddit hordes kicking and screaming along ..

As the Elite Alpha properly becomes a Beta later this month I will be back with more .. but it already is one of the most impressive HMD experiences you can have

and I paid for all my own software and hardware .. if you were wondering..

Return to “General VR/AR Discussion”