future of virtual realities

Talk about Head Mounted Displays (HMDs), augmented reality, wearable computing, controller hardware, haptic feedback, motion tracking, and related topics here!
chrishoye55
One Eyed Hopeful

future of virtual realities

Post by chrishoye55 »

Hello there. I created this topic because i have come up with a few possibilities that will improve the lives of everyone in the world.If you would like to here my ideas, feel free to ask and/or post your own.
DannyVR
One Eyed Hopeful

Re: future of virtual realities

Post by DannyVR »

Hi chrishoye55,
nowadays, the focus on the vr application is heavily on gaming and training (mostly).
I foresee in the future, it will replace the video conference. Meaning to say, it will change the
telecommunication landscape. I can "go back" my hometown and meet my mum anytime as if I'm there
at home.

What is your prediction?
White_fish
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by White_fish »

I feel it could change the way we design things, and make a big impact with spatial design. Similar to Inception. Have VR HMD combined with 3d priniting, virtually molding the design, then printing it out. It might change the way we produce things.

How do you think is could contribute to storytelling? Is there any limitations to it?
White_fish
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by White_fish »

And if (i doubt it) Oculus failed, would it halt the progress of VR? Or do you think this it's already gaining momentum?
DannyVR
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by DannyVR »

At this moment, I still see it at the infancy stage. At this moment, it looks very promising when it comes to game.
What I'm worry is on the motion sickness issue. If this is not properly addressed, then user might switch back from VR to normal PC style gaming since they can play it in long hour.

Return to “General VR/AR Discussion”