omni in the shark tank

Talk about Head Mounted Displays (HMDs), augmented reality, wearable computing, controller hardware, haptic feedback, motion tracking, and related topics here!
lnrrgb
Binocular Vision CONFIRMED!

omni in the shark tank

Post by lnrrgb »

Hope to see Jan in an upcoming Shark Tank, where they update what happened to the product after the intial appearance, and those sharks realize they missed out. Nice try though Jan! You are likely better off without them - they don't call them sharks for nothing. I think there will be a lot more sales from people seeing this appearance.
JanVR
Cross Eyed!

Re: omni in the shark tank

Post by JanVR »

Thanks, and mission accomplished: great demo and publicity! While we were not the right fit for this type of investors and had no intention to believe so, the marketing and publicity has proven invaluable. Sales are up significantly. We are very grateful for the opportunity to showcase the Omni and the Rift to mainstream America. I think VR made another step yesterday towards becoming a mainstream medium. I hope Oculus is happy with the publicity, too - the Rift came out strong.

Great job by the editors: my "certainly, no problem" after each "I'm out" was replaced by dramatic looks and close-ups - ha!

Jan
blazespinnaker
Certif-Eyed!

Post by blazespinnaker »

I was really disappointed in the investors on ST. Talk about hyper insecure. They should have just said that this opportunity is out of their league and wished you luck.

Instead they just whinged about something which is obviously a massively dramatic improvement over anything that exists today and is the only practical solution for ODT (at least for the time being).

After the 75M investment, they just look weak.
Gear VR: Maybe OVR isn't so evil after all!
JanVR
Cross Eyed!

Post by JanVR »

I agree. Each of them had to come up with a reason to explain their "I'm out" for the camera blurb. All but one of them had not even heard of the Rift before... That said, very happy with the experience and the publicity results.
colocolo
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Post by colocolo »

great that sales increased because of that appearance. I watched it somewhere later on the net
and i could really burn of some trees now because of those..peep.... but i think you all know it....
i really hope that somehow VR changes society. its unbelievable that those kind of people have all that power although they are total nuts....
lnrrgb
Binocular Vision CONFIRMED!

Post by lnrrgb »

Is that the last laugh I hear in the background? Wish I had the skills to throw together a virtualization of the streets of Pamplona. That way Cuban could get a dose of what running with bulls was really like (not the wimpier Chicago versions), and of course, on an Omni, for a dose of realization. Now there is a kickstarter if I've ever heard one, a gouging horn upgrade for the Omni. Now that would be some haptic feedback! Perfect use for the Omni I might add.... Jan? Care to save some lives? Maybe you could fund this idea.
Fractalys
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Fractalys »

Ha, Cuban changed his mind, that's what I thought.

Return to “General VR/AR Discussion”