Hillcrest Labs not Answering E-mail or phone calls whats up?

Talk about Head Mounted Displays (HMDs), augmented reality, wearable computing, controller hardware, haptic feedback, motion tracking, and related topics here!
paratay
One Eyed Hopeful

Hillcrest Labs not Answering E-mail or phone calls whats up?

Post by paratay »

Hi,

Just like to ask anyone who purchased the Hillcrest Labs Freespace reference kits. I am from Australia and I have sent them a number of e-mails with some questions and they are not responding... Do they ship to Australia? I like to get it before the Rift is released, I like to do Native Tracking in FSX (microsoft flight sim) for the Oculus

Thanks!
cybereality
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Re: Hillcrest Labs not Answering E-mail or phone calls whats

Post by cybereality »

Well I had ordered one of their kits and got it a few days later (in the US). I never had to email them, so I don't know what support is like.
paratay
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by paratay »

Thanks for the quick reply, I was hoping they would at least get back to me as a courtesy as I was looking at ordering 24 trackers for another project we are working on. I guess they are too busy to make more money at this stage :?

On another note, we were using the Trackers from SpacePoint PNI sensors a while ago , they had a reference Kit for $99 and they were great! Does anyone know if they have updated their FUSION product, it's hard to tell from their website...
nrp
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by nrp »

paratay wrote:Thanks for the quick reply, I was hoping they would at least get back to me as a courtesy as I was looking at ordering 24 trackers for another project we are working on. I guess they are too busy to make more money at this stage :?

On another note, we were using the Trackers from SpacePoint PNI sensors a while ago , they had a reference Kit for $99 and they were great! Does anyone know if they have updated their FUSION product, it's hard to tell from their website...
I believe PNI gave up on selling their own fully integrated reference kits. I have one as well. The discontinuation is actually what drove me to start building my own tracker.
Mroller
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Mroller »

Our apologies for the slow response to paratay. Frankly, we had a mixup on who was responding to customer requests from Australia =). Our Freespace Reference Kits are available for purchase online and we do ship these worldwide. If you have any questions about these kits you can contact me directly at merrill.roller@hillcrestlabs.com

-Merrill Roller
Hillcrest Labs
Neil
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Post by Neil »

Just a heads-up that HillCrestLabs PMed me about this post, and was very courteous about it (unlike some of the other corporate interests who have tried to harvest our traffic and blatantly ignored our very simple corporate interests sticky). This is why the post is still there. Please keep direct HillCrestLabs inquiries in PM form. Their alias will likely get changed to something else to maintain a non-commercial stature on our site (TBD).

Regards,
Neil

Return to “General VR/AR Discussion”