Massive Sensics Z-Sight price drop!

Talk about Head Mounted Displays (HMDs), augmented reality, wearable computing, controller hardware, haptic feedback, motion tracking, and related topics here!
PalmerTech
Golden Eyed Wiseman! (or woman!)

Massive Sensics Z-Sight price drop!

Post by PalmerTech »

http://sensics.com/products/page158/zSight/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Only $9,999! I have had some time with a Z-Sight, I can do a short writeup if anyone is interested.
VRgamesterz
Cross Eyed!

Re: Massive Sensics Z-Sight price drop!

Post by VRgamesterz »

Naaaaaaaa, it will just make the whole deeper as to how far and long it will take to have something like that or compaired too!

but thanks.
cybereality
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Post by cybereality »

Wow! It just went from totally ridiculously unreasonably expensive, to just plain super expensive. Still can't afford it.

Even if I had the money, I'd probably rather put that toward some DIY stuff, you could build a CAVE for that kinda dough.
WiredEarp

Post by WiredEarp »

60-70 degree FOV is 'ok' but I really don't see the value here. Sure, it has an integrated tracker, and slightly greater resolution than the HMZ, but so it f'n should, for over $9000 more...
Synexious
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by Synexious »

Yes, it's quite absurd that a $10K HMD in 2012 doesn't have even a 90 degree FOV.
Bishop51
Binocular Vision CONFIRMED!

Post by Bishop51 »

That's what always killed me about the Sensics price scaling. I mean, I know its novel hardware BUT as cyber points out, you could build a 5 wall CAVE system for far less than that. Until these guys figure out a way to bring down their manufacturing costs, Sensics will always be living on the edge of relevance (and no doubt relying heavily on landing military, government or research contracts).

Hopefully they'll find a good partnership with their Smart Goggles and start pricing realistically (or at least competitively). I'd hate to see them disappear.
PalmerTech

Post by PalmerTech »

I don't think they will disappear, Sensics is doing pretty well financially, from what I know.

The Z-Sight is a very cool HMD, and the resolution/contrast/comfort is very nice, but the field of view... I mean, it would be great for a consumer headmount, but the price is too high. The main cost is in the microdisplays, so there should be lots of room for prices to fall in the next few years.
ancjob
Certif-Eyed!

Post by ancjob »

PalmerTech wrote:I don't think they will disappear, Sensics is doing pretty well financially, from what I know.

The Z-Sight is a very cool HMD, and the resolution/contrast/comfort is very nice, but the field of view... I mean, it would be great for a consumer headmount, but the price is too high. The main cost is in the microdisplays, so there should be lots of room for prices to fall in the next few years.
palmer - r u still working with Lockheed Martin ?

i have been to vrealities site and got the news update that VR2000 have been purchased in bulk by Lockheed Martin from vrealities [http://www.vrealities.com/news.html]

by any chance can u do a review of VR2000 if still working with Lockheed Martin ?
PalmerTech

Post by PalmerTech »

No, I am not working with Lockheed Martin anymore.

Return to “General VR/AR Discussion”