Is the Index worth it over the Rift S?

Talk about Head Mounted Displays (HMDs), augmented reality, wearable computing, controller hardware, haptic feedback, motion tracking, and related topics here!
albert90
One Eyed Hopeful

Is the Index worth it over the Rift S?

Post by albert90 »

Hey everyone,

I've been debating for a while whether upgrading to the Index from the Oculus Rift S is worthwhile. I am largely aware of the major differences between the two (there's a useful comparison chart here, if you scroll down), but what I'm not fully sure of is whether it's worthwhile paying such a substantially higher price for all those added goodies and higher specs.

Can anyone who has experience with the Index please get back to me on this? I'd love to hear everyone's thoughts. And I do apologize if I don't come across as very well-versed.

Thanks!
RAGEdemon
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Re: Is the Index worth it over the Rift S?

Post by RAGEdemon »

The Reverb G2 is the clearest/cheapest headset on the market - especially the V2. Index is old - why specifically that headset?
Windows 11 64-Bit | 12900K @ 5.3GHz | 2080 Ti OC | 32GB 3900MHz CL16 RAM | Optane PCIe SSD RAID-0 | Sound Blaster ZxR | 2x 2000W ButtKicker LFE | nVidia 3D Vision | 3D Projector @ DSR 1600p | HP Reverb G2
albert90
One Eyed Hopeful

Re: Is the Index worth it over the Rift S?

Post by albert90 »

I suppose the brand recognition is what drove me to the Valve Index but I'm open to other options!

Return to “General VR/AR Discussion”