4D VR System? WTF!?

Talk about Head Mounted Displays (HMDs), augmented reality, wearable computing, controller hardware, haptic feedback, motion tracking, and related topics here!
Synexious
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

4D VR System? WTF!?

Post by Synexious »

I thought this is a joke, but it seems serious, just really stupid. I don't understand what they're selling - just a 3D projector and PlayStation Move rifle?

[youtube-hd]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p7OHMY7k ... re=related[/youtube-hd]
cybereality
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Re: 4D VR System? WTF!?

Post by cybereality »

COMEDY GOLD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ripcurl123
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by ripcurl123 »

im speechless
Synexious
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by Synexious »

I saw this thread just now and didn't realize I'd created it a long time ago. Seriously, WTF is this?
mAchiNE
Binocular Vision CONFIRMED!

Post by mAchiNE »

Dunno if this is serious but they have a website: http://www.i-zone-3.com/5D.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
5D!!!! WTF.... 4D sound... WTF :shock:
Just looks like a company that installs 3D projector setups and 7.1 home audio setups, nothing groundbreaking here, they just hyping it by calling it 5D gaming system to get attention of people who don't know any better and make them think it is somehow better than 3D cause you get 2 whole extra D's! :lol:
The only thing that is of interest is they have separated aiming from looking in COD:
We designed our own weapons to play Call of Duty or Battlefield 2 or any other shooter game as if you are actually inside the gameworld. It works like this. Normally when you play with a keyboard and mouse, you can only fire to the center of the screen. We wrote our own gaming software to allow you to play Black Ops (for example) by moving around the room and shooting "ANYWHERE" directly at target -IN FULL LIFESIZE HOLOGRAPHIC 3D.
Current System:
Oculus Rift Dev Kit, 3x 23" Passive 3D Monitors in 3D Vision Surround, Novint Falcon, 3rd Space Gaming Vest, ButtKicker, Razer Hydra, Logitech G25.
Previous 3D Systems:
Viewsonic PJD6531w 3D DLP Projector, Vuzix VR920, 24" Alienware and 22" Samsung 3D Vision Monitors, eDimensional 3D Glasses with 19" CRT Monitor
cybereality
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Post by cybereality »

Hahahaahha!!!!!

@mAchiNE: I think they are bluffing about their gaming driver. If they actually had done that surely there would be a video and we would have heard about it.
Synexious
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by Synexious »

"And the flight simulator games!? Amazing!!" :roll:
android78
Certif-Eyable!

Post by android78 »

Hey Cyber... I think you need to create an advert like this for your setup. lol
WiredEarp
Golden Eyed Wiseman! (or woman!)

Post by WiredEarp »

I dont know if that description actually means separate head tracking from aiming... it could mean lots of things. I think they are just referring to the fact that the view is decoupled from the crosshair. They are probably just making the mouse move to the laser dot, so that you can (for example) be looking forwards, then turn a little to the side and shoot the gun at a point on to the side, which will then make the game crosshair move to that location (IOW, gun movement is not necessarily propagated to aim until the user fires).

Hard to tell for sure with a crap video like that unfortunately.

Return to “General VR/AR Discussion”