A review of my HMD collection. (Lots of pictures)

Talk about Head Mounted Displays (HMDs), augmented reality, wearable computing, controller hardware, haptic feedback, motion tracking, and related topics here!
RazFairlight
One Eyed Hopeful

A review of my HMD collection. (Lots of pictures)

Post by RazFairlight »

Hi everyone!
As I mentioned in my introduction, I'm a bit obsessed with obscure, rare HMDs, so I'm posting my reviews of what I've collected so far.

I'm going to start off with the most recent, and rare addition to my collection, the Virtual Research Flight Helmet. This HMD was one of a handful of HMDs released in the late 80's and early 90's to use the legendary LEEP optics, which not only provided a huge field of view (around 120°), but also warped the visuals in such a way that it actually helped the standard low resolution displays of the time seem more high res; by condensing the pixels in the general area that your eyes are the most focused (See the example below).

The Flight Helmet is a real beast of an HMD, and to some it may look a bit scary, but it's actually very comfortable, this is due to the very effective adjustment knob on the back, not to mention the overall balance of the unit is great, so the weight is never resting on one single portion of your head.

Now to the best part of the HMD, the optics. As I mentioned above, these are the famous LEEP ARV-1 optics. The display resolution is quite low, but the amazing optics combined with it being stereoscopic really helps hide this, you really do get a great sense of motion and immersion from having an image that covers a big portion of your peripheral vision.

The conclusion: The Flight Helmet is a great piece of VR history, and despite the very low resolution, it manages to give you a great immersive experience (You're not buying something like this to read text anyway). The only downside is that you need two NTSC to VGA converter boxes that allow you to offset the screens, this is because the large LCD panels inside the HMD don't match the distance between your eyes correctly, a flaw that almost all LEEP based HMDs had.

I give the Flight Helmet a 9 out of 10.

Here is yet another amazing HMD from Virtual Research, it is often compared to the Visette 2 by Virtuality, but higher quality (although a bit less durable). I would say that this is probably the most well designed HMD that I've ever used; virtually every part of it is adjustable, and it's about as comfortable as they come without sacrificing the visual quality. The optics in the VR-4 are very high quality glass lenses that provide a solid 60° field of view. The display resolution is about the equivalent of 640x480, which may not sound like a lot, but this combined with the great optical quality gives you a very crisp stereo image.

The conclusion: I can't really think of much else to say about the VR-4, this HMD is pretty much flawless; it offers a great balance between resolution and field of view.

I give the VR-4 a 10 out of 10.

I have mixed feelings about this front-heavy, boxy cyclops of an HMD. One of the first things you'll notice about it is the durability, this thing is probably bullet proof (not that you'd want to test that!). The second two things you'll notice is that it's Monoscopic, and it has an 80° field of view. Now that FOV sounds pretty good, but you'll discover quickly why quality optics really matter.

As you can see here, the optics are really nothing more than a modified desktop magnifier, which is actually pretty cool in some ways, but compared to the other HMDs I've used, it really doesn't hold up well. The optics don't distance the image enough, causing it to feel pretty close to your eyes; this combined with it's low resolution results in blurriness.

The conclusion: Although my review was harsh, I actually really like this HMD in some ways, it's all made with tools and parts that you could actually go out and buy yourself, making it like a homebrew HMD. You could actually upgrade the LCD panel in this to something with a higher resolution, and probably get much better experience.

I give the MRG2.2 a 7 out of 10.

Last, and definitely least is the Scuba:

Now I'm going to try not to let nostalgia get in the way with this one, it was the first HMD I've ever owned. I like the way this one looks, but that's really about it for this monoscopic HMD... Now for the time, this actually had a nice FOV for a consumer HMD (I would guess around 40°), but the optics are chunky and low quality, making the already -very- low res display seem even worse.

The IPD (inner pupillary distance) feels quite a bit off, and the "IPD adjustment" knob on the bottom of the unit seems pretty much useless, simply causing the optics to rotate slightly, so your eyes never can really focus, which quickly causes some nasty eyestrain.

The conclusion: There has always been a shortage of high quality consumer HMDs, but this one is exceptionally bad. I really could never find much to like about this HMD, especially since far superior HMDs existed around the time it was released, like the VFX1.

I give the Phillips Scuba a 2 out of 10. (1 point for looks)
"People who say they don't care what people think are usually desperate to have people think they don't care what people think." -George Carlin
crim3
Certif-Eyed!

Re: A review of my HMD collection. (Lots of pictures)

Post by crim3 »

It's sad to see that so amazing HMD's like the Flight Helmet were designed so many years ago and that things have not evolved since then.

I wish you were my neighbor and go to your house to play after lunch. :)
Zalman Trimon ZM-M220W / Acer H5360 with Another Eye2000 shutters / nVIDIA GTX760
RazFairlight
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by RazFairlight »

Yeah, I think the technology is there to make an affordable consumer HMD with a big FOV. The problem is that they couldn't easily make it small, light weight, and portable, all of which seem to be the main focuses of consumer HMDs these days. On the bright side, I heard Tone from the stereo3d forum (who's a VR expert) is planning to write an article on his blog about how to make LEEP-like optics out of off the shelf lenses. And also, I'm documenting the building of my homebrew (LEEP based) HMD. With that knowledge, anyone who's willing to put in the effort, could make a really nice HMD with a very wide FOV.

Here's a link to the blog I mentioned, it's a great source for all sorts of VR info: http://www.vrtifacts.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
"People who say they don't care what people think are usually desperate to have people think they don't care what people think." -George Carlin
android78
Certif-Eyable!

Post by android78 »

Nice Collection!!!
I tend not to agree with what you're saying about to make a HMD with wide FOV small though. I think that the technology that optinvent (http://www.optinvent.com) and lumus (http://www.lumusvision.com/) are working on have the potential to work with a wide FOV and can be very thin/lightweight.
I think the technology used by these (both systems are essentially the same with only minor differences) is probably the most significant in the last 30 years. I just hope they can put it to good use.
cybereality
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Post by cybereality »

Very cool collection. You've got some serious hardware there. I've actually got two headsets from Vuzix but due to the scant 32 degrees FOV I barely ever use them. I would love to see what a 120 degree FOV HMD looked like to use (even with the low-res). Just goes to show you that they could come up with something decent if they wanted but no one is stepping up to the plate. I would easily drop $1,200 tomorrow if something respectable came out on the consumer market. But alas all they bring out are the paltry 30 degree video glasses. Arrggg!!!
VRgamesterz
Cross Eyed!

Post by VRgamesterz »

Raz, whats a simple way of hooking up the MRG2.2 to use with a PC? What kind of converter do I need?
I should be getting mine next week so I'd like to go get the connectors or converter ahead of time..

Ku
RazFairlight
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by RazFairlight »

Thanks for the great replies everyone!

android78: Thanks! that Optinvent and Lumus technology looks very interesting, I really hope someone gets cracking on a sub $10,000 dollar HMD with a good FOV...

VRgamesterz: For MRG2.2, first you'll need to get a NTSC to VGA converter (I use a "Gigaware pc tv"). After you get that, you'll notice the MRG2.2 control box has 6 BNC connectors on the back in two rows, you'll want to get two of these: http://www.radioshack.com/product/index ... Id=2104082" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; as well as a standard yellow RCA video cable (Not sure if one comes with the NTSC to VGA box).

Once you have all of that, you just simply connect the "BNC to Phono Adapter" to the top middle connector, plug your yellow video cable into it (which will go into your NTSC to VGA box), then hook the audio to the headphone connector on the lower right.

Like I said before, I was a bit tough on the MRG2.2, but I think you'll enjoy it, I would recommend it to any VR fan because it's very unique, and it does give you a good sense of motion despite the blurriness. Not to mention, it's very easy to upgrade.

Cybereality: Since it's so hard to get an HMD with that sort of FOV, I would suggest doing what I did a while ago, and invest in a 120HZ 3d ready projector, then get a large white piece of cloth and hang it from some sort of bent beam in a half cylinder shape from the ceiling (I used plastic rods from a tent, it's about 7x7 feet wide and tall). Depending on how much space you have, if you can project onto that from about 15 feet away, you'll get the most amazing full wraparound FOV experience for around $600 bucks, combine that with Nvidia 3d vision, and you won't get a better experience from any sub $20,000 dollar HMD. The only downside is that you wont be able to have 360 head tracking.

Also keep in mind, if you don't have the space to project a 7x7ft image, you could always scale down the cylindrical screen, or if you want to get more complicated, you could probably do something with large mirrors.
VRgamesterz
Cross Eyed!

Post by VRgamesterz »

Hey thanks!

But why 2 of those connectors? One is connecting on the box on the input G section right? Now the headphone wire is a basic 3.5 plug that will run from the pc to this box, now a ntsc to vga is what I should get, wouldn't it be the other way around? I thought I need the vga to sinc to the ntsc, so vga to ntsc converter. Im prob really missunderstanding the setup, but the vga to ntsc are alot more, so I just want to make sure..

thanks bud!

I did receive mine today, can't wait to DIG in..

Im all good, I got everything I need! :D Thanks again.

Ku
RazFairlight
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by RazFairlight »

Sorry if I was confusing, I was mistaken about the headphones, I forgot that they just had a standard jack. For the converter box, you'll basically need something that converts the video signal into a VGA cable which you can hook into your PC, here's a link to the converter box that I use: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 602_263622" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Despite being into HMDs, I don't know a lot about converting video signals (I'm more of a software guy than a hardware guy), I just research what I need on the spot, so I apologize if my information is a little off from time to time. :D
VRgamesterz
Cross Eyed!

Post by VRgamesterz »

Thanks!!

Yeah I bought one of those connectors and got a pc to tv converter, for some reason my PC didn't work to well so I used my laptop.
maybe because the lap could go only 800x600, the res was pretty blurry but considering the lcd, the conversion and the age of this HMD. Cool Idea for back then, the length of the cable is crazy long. But you said it right on, that magnifier makes the screen right on your eyes, alittle more distance would of been better. Hopefully putting the new LCD in with the 1280x800 might be better, still have to hear on palmers project and how far he has gotten.

Anyways thanks for the info and pictures of your VR collections.

Ku
Johnny-Mnemonic
Binocular Vision CONFIRMED!

Post by Johnny-Mnemonic »

Hello RazFairlight!
Nice review, I enjoyed it :)
Nice that Flight Helmet get to the good hands, I watched that e-bay auction too ;)
Great to see how our community of "good-old HMD lovers" growing!

Currently I have "almost" three HMD's in my collection:
- Vuzix VR920 (only affordable modern HMD with it's pros and cons)
- Liquid Image MRG2.2 (man, I really like it alot for crazy big FOV which tricks your vestibular system)
- Forte VFX-1

Why "almost", because I purchased VFX-1 system (with ISA card and cyber-puck controller) just recently in Russia
and currently it's waiting to be shipped from my good friend in Moscow to Kiev, where I live.
I also consider to buy V-6 / VR-4 from Tony (vrtifacts.com) somehow later, and I liked your review on VR-4.

I want to ask you some questions on VR-4:
- What did you tried to play with it?
- Did you really found resolution somehow good?
- Did the picture in VR-4 much sharper than in MRG2.2?
- Can VR-4 be used while lying (because that's when you can trick your vestibular system a lot)
- I know that diagonal FOV in MRG2.2 is about 120 degree, and VR-4 is about 60, but subjectively how it feels, does VR-4 have much smaller view-zone?
VR920 looks so tiny after MRG2.2.
- How do you like colors/brightness in VR-4?
VRgamesterz wrote:Raz, whats a simple way of hooking up the MRG2.2 to use with a PC? What kind of converter do I need?
I should be getting mine next week so I'd like to go get the connectors or converter ahead of time..
I just used standard composite connector for TV-Out on my GeForce 9800 GT, and standard Jack to Jack connector for phones.
MRG2.2 control box have input and output video connectors, so you can hook up one more MRG2.2 to it or standard TV :)
cybereality wrote:But alas all they bring out are the paltry 30 degree video glasses. Arrggg!!!
Yeah, this makes me angry too. Market is split between shutter glasses for gaming and low-fov video glasses for mobile video viewing, this sucks.
Last edited by Johnny-Mnemonic on Mon Jun 21, 2010 1:11 am, edited 6 times in total.
Oculus Rift, Vuzix Wrap 920 AR!, Vuzix VR920, Liquid Image MRG 2.2, Razer Hydra, P5 Glove, Microsoft Kinect, TrackIR5, 2 x Hillcrest Labs Freespace tracker, Fujifilm finepix real 3d w3, GeForce 9800GT 1Gb, GeForce GT 430 1Gb, DELL XPS 17 l702x with GeForce 555 GT 3Gb, and good-old VFX1 setup
Johnny-Mnemonic

And by the way, here's Tony's review on home made high-FOV optics for HMD
http://www.vrtifacts.com/hmds/leep-on-the-cheap/
Oculus Rift, Vuzix Wrap 920 AR!, Vuzix VR920, Liquid Image MRG 2.2, Razer Hydra, P5 Glove, Microsoft Kinect, TrackIR5, 2 x Hillcrest Labs Freespace tracker, Fujifilm finepix real 3d w3, GeForce 9800GT 1Gb, GeForce GT 430 1Gb, DELL XPS 17 l702x with GeForce 555 GT 3Gb, and good-old VFX1 setup
RazFairlight
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by RazFairlight »

Thanks Johnny-Mnemonic, I'm glad you enjoyed the reviews!
Johnny-Mnemonic wrote:Hello RazFairlight!
I want to ask you some questions on VR-4:
- What did you tried to play with it?
- Did you really found resolution somehow good?
- Did the picture in VR-4 much sharper than in MRG2.2?
- Can VR-4 be used while lying (because that's when you can trick your vestibular system a lot)
- I know that diagonal FOV in MRG2.2 is about 120 degree, and VR-4 is about 60, but subjectively how it feels, does VR-4 have much smaller view-zone?
VR920 looks so tiny after MRG2.2.
- How do you like colors/brightness in VR-4?
I tried a lot of things with it, everything ranging from movies, and old games like Doom, to newer games like Bioshock, and it was great with all of them.

About the resolution and FOV: It actually feels a lot like the FOV on the MRG2.2, I know it's smaller, but it still gets into your peripheral vision which is very nice. The picture is a lot sharper than the MRG2.2, the colors and the brightness are great, and you can see quite clearly in games (if you try playing a game in 640x480 on your monitor, it looks a lot like that), but it's still a little hard to read some small text.

It's also very adjustable and comfortable, you could definitely use it while lying down.

I actually found the overall experience of the VR-4 to be more immersive than the MRG2.2, simply because the optics are so high quality (causing your eyes to focus as if you were looking way off into the distance), and the fact that it's stereoscopic helps too. I would highly recommend getting it if you can, I've used higher resolution HMDs like the z800, and I still find the VR-4 to be better.
Johnny-Mnemonic

RazFairlight wrote:I actually found the overall experience of the VR-4 to be more immersive than the MRG2.2, simply because the optics are so high quality (causing your eyes to focus as if you were looking way off into the distance), and the fact that it's stereoscopic helps too. I would highly recommend getting it if you can, I've used higher resolution HMDs like the z800, and I still find the VR-4 to be better.
Thanks RazFairlight! Now I'm seriously considering to get one of those :)
crim3
Certif-Eyed!

Post by crim3 »

Johnny-Mnemonic wrote:And by the way, here's Tony's review on home made high-FOV optics for HMD
Excellent link again! Okta, you should take note on this for your DIY HMD.

That Spacepoint Fusion you linked was awesome but the shipping is just too expensive. If there is more people in Europe interested we could join efforts to order several in a single shipment to reduce the cost.
Zalman Trimon ZM-M220W / Acer H5360 with Another Eye2000 shutters / nVIDIA GTX760
Johnny-Mnemonic

crim3 wrote:Excellent link again! Okta, you should take note on this for your DIY HMD.
Thank you! I've posted link in Okta's tread too :mrgreen:
cybereality
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Post by cybereality »

Johnny-Mnemonic wrote:And by the way, here's Tony's review on home made high-FOV optics for HMD
Great link. But if its so easy and cheap why hasn't any company like Vuzix done this (patent issues?). Could make for a very nice DIY HMD.
crim3
Certif-Eyed!

Post by crim3 »

cybereality wrote:Great link. But if its so easy and cheap why hasn't any company like Vuzix done this (patent issues?). Could make for a very nice DIY HMD.
I'm wondering that myself. The web's author says that nowadays size and weigh are primary design objectives over FOV. Maybe right, but it doesn't explains why nowadays the only choices are affordable HMD with ridiculous FOV or extremely (!!) expensive ones with good FOV.
Market dictates the path, I guess.
Johnny-Mnemonic

cybereality wrote:But if its so easy and cheap why hasn't any company like Vuzix done this (patent issues?). Could make for a very nice DIY HMD.
Obviously Vuzix and other companies focused on creating very compact glasses-style HMD's. Big FOV would require big lenses and bigger casing.
Also, they have created methaphor "Looks like XX" screen at X feet", and "Big screen experience on the go", so they don't want to make wide-FOV, they want to make enough FOV for screen to have proper angular size for viewer.

Particularly Vuzix didn't step over 640x480 resolution, and you saw what complains from many regular buyers they have on forums "oh my God, it's so low res" etc.,
and this is with 32 degree FOV, imagine how pixels will enlarge when it will be around 90 degree FOV. I know - it's ok for us, but not for anyone who wants to see some movie from portable DVD player.
Also, as I discovered (I can mistake on this one), looks like VR920 didn't have sort of depixelation filter on screens, so with 32 degree FOV pixels looks ok, but with they're "zooming" - red green and blue components will be separated noticeably. So this will add value for screen's production.

Big FOV HMD's nowadays is interest for research purposes in VR labs (and for geeks like us), but not for the regular market, that's dictate the prices.
Virtual Research, Sensics and other big companies that make professional HMD's - build it with customization for buyer, they even have different options that you can choose when ordering. They did not make them just for regular sales.
Last edited by Johnny-Mnemonic on Sat Jun 26, 2010 1:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RazFairlight
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by RazFairlight »

I was about to reply to this, but you took the words right out of my mouth. Well said Johnny. :D
Johnny-Mnemonic

RazFairlight wrote:Well said Johnny. :D
Thanks Raz! 8-)
Okta
Golden Eyed Wiseman! (or woman!)

Post by Okta »

Just found this thread, thanks for the reviews Raz. I would love to score a VR4 but im sure they are quite rare and expensive :cry:
"I did not chip in ten grand to seed a first investment round to build value for a Facebook acquisition."
Notch on the FaceDisgrace buyout.
mickeyjaw
Cross Eyed!

Post by mickeyjaw »

I would love to score a VR4 but im sure they are quite rare and expensive
They are for sale on the VRtifacts store for $450 - is that expensive?
Johnny-Mnemonic

Probably Okta didn't saw VRtifacts shop yet:
http://www.vrtifacts.com/store/
Okta

Post by Okta »

mickeyjaw wrote:
I would love to score a VR4 but im sure they are quite rare and expensive
They are for sale on the VRtifacts store for $450 - is that expensive?
Got me excited for a bit there untill i realised they are lower than vga resolution :( So it looks like the minimum would be the V6 and thats $950 but doesnt sound like it can take inputs greater than 640x480 so another deal breaker :cry:
"I did not chip in ten grand to seed a first investment round to build value for a Facebook acquisition."
Okta

Post by Okta »

Johnny-Mnemonic wrote:Probably Okta didn't saw VRtifacts shop yet:
http://www.vrtifacts.com/store/
Just beat ya thanks :)
Those spare optic units look like they could take modern small displays like our of the vr920 maybe? But they are also reflected by the look so maybe the screens could mount backwards to correct the view? Either way im guessing they woul donly give a small FOV.
Johnny-Mnemonic

Okta wrote:Those spare optic units look like they could take modern small displays like our of the vr920 maybe? But they are also reflected by the look so maybe the screens could mount backwards to correct the view? Either way im guessing they woul donly give a small FOV.
You can write Tony Asch, he is in charge of VRTifacts and ask him about optics, I guess this is optical units from old Virtuality HMD (with about 45 degree FOV), but I don't know for sure.
ido
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by ido »

Hey guys, really glad to see most of you have found that vrtifacts site. I bought an MRG from Tony before he had the store up and I am really hoping to get a better screen put in it.

I sold Palmer my virtual research V8 and I can assure you guys it's nice. I am pretty sure the V6 is almost identical to it.

Also I could be wrong but I believe the MRG has about 85 degrees FOV, not 120 like some are saying. I could be wrong though.

I'm working on a small collection of hmds as well. Sadly I had to part with my V8, but I didn't have the time to really make use of it so I'm glad I was able to sell it to a fellow VR nerd lol
Johnny-Mnemonic

ido wrote:Also I could be wrong but I believe the MRG has about 85 degrees FOV, not 120 like some are saying. I could be wrong though.
It's ~100 degree horisontal, and ~65 degree vertical (according to it's manual, other sources sometimes gives 85 to horizontal), which gives it ~120 diagonal.
Nowadays HMD manufacturers prefere to name diagonal FOV, because it's bigger, for example VR920 have 32 degree diagonal FOV, but obviously horizontal is less.
Also, it's easier to compare diagonal FOV's
ido
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by ido »

Cool. It's better than I thought. Hopefully I can get some better resolution in it.

I'd murder for one of these. It's exactly what all of us want in a HMD: http://www.fakespacelabs.com/Wide5.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
crim3
Certif-Eyed!

Post by crim3 »

ido wrote:I'd murder for one of these. It's exactly what all of us want in a HMD: http://www.fakespacelabs.com/Wide5.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
That beast must cost like a luxury car.
Johnny-Mnemonic

crim3 wrote:That beast must cost like a luxury car.
Around 50.000$ to be accurate 8-)
Likay
Petrif-Eyed

Post by Likay »

Who said dual projectors are expensive.... :lol: :lol: :lol:
Mb: Asus P5W DH Deluxe
Cpu: C2D E6600
Gb: Nvidia 7900GT + 8800GTX
3D:100" passive projector polarized setup + 22" IZ3D
VRgamesterz
Cross Eyed!

Post by VRgamesterz »

Yeah $50k, and the real cool thing is it's been discontinued! The only way we will ever get one is finding out where the warehouse is Ahahahah, but I didn't say that to LOUD!

So that 5.7 with the magnifier is giving a 120 diag FOV. That 5.6 should give then what?

Ku
Johnny-Mnemonic

VRgamesterz wrote:So that 5.7 with the magnifier is giving a 120 diag FOV. That 5.6 should give then what?
I don't know, maybe you will get the same FOV, or just a little less,
because you can't see whole LCD screen in MRG2.2, some border of the screen goes out of the vision, especially top and bottom sides.

By the way, Tony mentioned about rough construction of the MRG, and many of you guys said the same.
But I would admit that helmet does have some very fine components, I don't know about optics (that does looks like magnifier),
MRG2.2 have specifically designed holographic diffuser (depixelation filter) by Kaiser optics,
Sharp's screen - not that bad for 1993, it still have bright and juicy colors (at least on my unit) and well suitable for watching movies,
and it does have quality Sony headphones, that sounds very nice even now.
Major issue with MRG - its bloody heavy :D

Guys, I want to ask you (VRgamesterz and other owners of MRG) could you please advice me how do I get pure RGB NTSC video from modern videocard (I have GeForce 9800 GT), I want to use my MRG in RGB mode. I'm using it's on component cable right now, but RGB must give better picture overall.
My videoard have 9-pin video out, but it can output in YCbCr format, not RGB.
Maybe I need to purchase some convertors, please drop some link to tested device that 100% will give RGB, not YCbCr.
Thanks.
ido
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by ido »

I agree, the only major complaint with my MRG is how nose-heavy it is.

The Wide5 HMD is $30K last I checked... not that it helps any of us lol. I always email around out of curiosity about these HMDs. WorldViz said they could get me one for the smooth price of $30K lol.

I have absolutely no idea why these higher end units are so pricey. I could see a few thousand, but the price of a new car is insanity.

I haven't used my MRG on my PC so I couldn't help you with that, sorry. I'm getting Palmer to mod mine for me anyway so I'm really looking forward to getting it back with a newer high-res screen!
VRgamesterz
Cross Eyed!

Post by VRgamesterz »

Only thing I've read up on is at this site, hope it helps you..

http://www.epanorama.net/documents/vga2 ... acing.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Ku
Johnny-Mnemonic

VRgamesterz wrote:Only thing I've read up on is at this site, hope it helps you..
http://www.epanorama.net/documents/vga2 ... acing.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Ku
Amazing, I've already searched about such converters over the net but this is the most detailed explanation, and it really seems what I need. Many thanks!
PalmerTech

Post by PalmerTech »

Very nice collection for sure! :)

I would say more, but I have this bad habit of hi-jacking threads. :lol:

I wish I could get a look at the internals of the Wide5, now that it seems to actually exist! There is no way the components justify the cost, I would absolutely kill to get my hands on it, along with a screwdriver, for an hour. ;)
ancjob
Certif-Eyed!

Post by ancjob »

HMDs have always been so facinating..
but their cost factor is always intimidating...

Has anybody ordered HMDs from virtual realities inc ..

I am interested in but not too many reviews either
Virtual viewer 3d / I-trek 3D PC - no reviews anywhere
Virtual Visor - just one review on amazon usa not enough plus a couple more..[but IPD not adjustable , resolution/warranty support is suspect

the issue - vrealities do not return mail reply
I wonder what warranties they 'd provide when cannot be engaged into Q&A conversation

Any recommendations for a decent HMD with 3d suppport [stereoscopic/interlaced] within US $700 range with adjustable IPD/focus and 80' screen size [great sound thru earbuds removable] and great image quality without distortions anywhere...are most welcome.

Return to “General VR/AR Discussion”