Google Cardboard HMD - SweetFX VR Correction Shader Suite

Talk about Head Mounted Displays (HMDs), augmented reality, wearable computing, controller hardware, haptic feedback, motion tracking, and related topics here!
blueeagle69
One Eyed Hopeful

Re: Google Cardboard HMD - SweetFX VR Correction Shader Suit

Post by blueeagle69 »

Hi.

**Bump**

Apologies for the noob question.
Do I simply extract the contents of the archive to my Elite Dangerous install folder?

I know I have to edit the SweetFX settings file to enable disable he various shaders :)

Would love to try this with my Homido.

Thanks.
Last edited by blueeagle69 on Wed Mar 23, 2016 7:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
deggial
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by deggial »

That moment when you find exactly what you're looking for.
OP, you deserve a statue.
I just want to thank you for your awesome work :)
deggial
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by deggial »

Fortran, can you help me change the whole screen Y position please?
I would like the default centers to have a lower position, so I can avoid looking a bit "up" all the time.

Thank you in advance

Edit: sorted it out just 10 seconds after posted :)

#define LensCenter float2(0.5f,0.4f) :)

Thanks again for the great job
Bluedeath
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Bluedeath »

let me rephrase my question it would be possible to modify the shader to hold 2 different scaling values, one that covers the entire available FOV and another that allow to see the entire screen (something like a "theater mode") to see menus and maps with a black border juts to see the entire screen and use an hotkey to recall the second scaling vaule when needed?

Thanks in advance

(edited to give a better understanding of my question)
asprind
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by asprind »

When I turn on the aspect ratio correction modifier the image gets vertically cropped, is that normal ? Is there a way to have both the correct aspect ratio AND the full screen image ?
Bluedeath
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Bluedeath »

I found that if i use a very short IPD (crosseye) i can have both full screen and ratio correction but i use it only if i need to see screen border costantly (when i play alien VS predator to see themotion tracker) for instance that 's why i am tryng to find a way to switch between 2 different scaling factor on "the fly".
hedgefield
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by hedgefield »

Hey Fortran, great work on making this shader, it's exactly what I've been looking for after trying and failing with all kinds of software and setting custom resolutions to get rid of that dang horizontal squeeze. But sadly I can't get this to work either. I'm trying it on Rise of the Tomb Raider, which has native 3D SBS support, but I can't get either your SweetFX or ReShade version to work with it. Maybe because it is DX11/12? I've had bad luck getting SweetFX working any time I've tried it in the past, so I'm wondering if I'm missing something or if it's just incompatible? Thanks.
Bluedeath
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Bluedeath »

Have you tried to run rise of tomb rider in dx11 mode?

otherwise you could try to use some program like DXTORY or Fraps and open the realtime stream with a mediaplayer and apply fortran's shader to the mediaplayer window. If you set up everything you will not have a noticeable lag, but it could lower your machine performance.
hedgefield
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by hedgefield »

Hey BlueDeath, thanks, I think ROTTR runs in DX11 by default, I had DX12 turned off during testing. I'm using Moonlight to stream the game to my iPhone, so having the shader applied directly to the game would be the preferable method. I think it might be that the 1.x SweetFX injector just can't get a grip on this newer game.
Bluedeath
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Bluedeath »

Yep double stream is not a good idea.
You can still try reshade version of the shader.
hedgefield
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by hedgefield »

I tried the legacy reshade version in dx9 and dx10/11 mode but the screen just stays black once the game is running. I haven't yet figured out how to port it to reshade 2.0, it seems to use different config files.
sebaciolekpl
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by sebaciolekpl »

Can anybody help me adjust sweetfx 2.0 lens distoriton? I completely don't know how to do it. I'm trying to get Fortran effect of curves
chimeron3D
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by chimeron3D »

Howdy, made an account on here just to reply to this thread. If I could get this to work for alien isolation it would be a god send. I have tried seemingly everything to get this to work, but I can't even get sweetFX to activate on my games, even with the configurator or radeonPro. I really just want the lens correction to work. any feedback would be appreciated.
Bluedeath
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Bluedeath »

Actually i play alien isolation with this shader and tridef with no issue. Do you get a black screen or a crash?
chimeron3D
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by chimeron3D »

Bluedeath wrote:Actually i play alien isolation with this shader and tridef with no issue. Do you get a black screen or a crash?
just came to post that I fixed it,...kinda. I couldn't get sweetFX to load at all, no matter the version, could'nt figure it out, so I used the reshade version and it works excellently. also is there a way to use the aspect correction but also increase the height of the display a little? I have a large fov with the FiiT VR headmount and I can see black bars with the aspect ratio fix, and cant see button prompts on the bottom of the screen without it.
nlooije
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by nlooije »

First of all great work on the shaders! I was able to get the lens correction working using your Reshade files on Half-Life 2, worked like a charm when running the executable (hl2.exe) directly. Unfortunately when running from Tridef 3D ignition, it seems to completely bypass Reshade. Anyone know how to fix this?
asprind
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by asprind »

So I figured out how to have both correct aspect ratio and full screen image in Tridef. I used the 'output resolution override' registry fix, posted on the Tridef forums, link: https://www.tridef.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=3325

I set the override output resolutin to 2560x1440 (in the above mentioned registry fix) and the in-game resolution to 1357 x 1527. I can't explain the reasoning behind this at the moment, but I can say that it works. You can also try with the in-game resolution set to 960x1080 and the registry override to 3840x2160 which in my case produced an image of substantially lower quality so I stuck to 2560x1440 / 1357 x 1527.
xfechx
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by xfechx »

Hi there!

I am unable to make this shader work with tridefignition. I have followed the readme and installation details without luck.

I am using Windows 10 x64 with Stream Theater.

Thanks for your help!
Sayyed
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Sayyed »

Hello fortran
I have gta5 with redux graphics mod and reshade come with it installed
I want to use barrel distortion so i copied both yours OCULUSDROIDTRIDEF.h and OCULUSDROIDNATIVE.h in both reshade/sweetfx folder and reshade/sweetfx/sharedshaders (because i dont know where your files should be place)
Then i add oculusdroidtridef 0to1 in (exact text which u posted for reshade,i dont remember now) sweetfx.cfg but nothing works (same with oculusdroidnative 0to1)

Ingame it says effects are already compiled

I tried one more thing i remove all text from lens correction file (reshade/sweetfx/len correction.h/blank (no text) and copy paste your oculusdroidtridef.h text in lenscorrection.h and enable in sweetfx.cfg lens correction 0to1 when i run gta5 it says in yellow line vector something but still no lens distortion or other effects (same with oculusdroidnative.h text in lens correction.h)no effect (lens distortion,vignette) just yellow line but redux graphics mod work doesnt affect anything to it
Im on windows 8.1 using same reshade files that comes with gta 5 redux mod

Please help me .what im doing wrong
Sorry for my bad english
Crow550
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Crow550 »

@ Fortran

I sent you a PM.
chema8132
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by chema8132 »

Hi all!,

I've recently bought a Samsung Galaxy S6 + Samsung Gear VR (2016). I've been testing some stuff, and finally got into the combination Tridef + SweetFX + Moonlight to stream PC games to mobile. It works pretty well, but after some times messing with the settings of the file 'OculusDroidNative.h', I can't set the SweetFX to fit with my Gear VR. So I was wondering, did you guys set the SweetFX to work fine with this setup?

Btw, I'm currently testing it with Bioshock 1 (not remastered).

Thanks for all! :)
vile80r
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by vile80r »

Is there anyway you could adapt this to work with SweetFX+Reshade v2 or Reshade v3.0? Windows 10 x64 doesn't support the early versions of SweetFX.

This is the answer to all of my problems and I'm sure a lot of other people's issues. I've been successfully able to stream from the PC to my LG G3 in an HMD for a while now. My biggest issue is the limited ability to make adjustments to lens correction. But all of the options in these shades are handy. I just need them to function with Windows 10 x64 and I am just clueless.

If anyone has any ideas I'd love to hear then.

John
Bluedeath
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Bluedeath »

chema8132 wrote:Hi all!,

I've recently bought a Samsung Galaxy S6 + Samsung Gear VR (2016). I've been testing some stuff, and finally got into the combination Tridef + SweetFX + Moonlight to stream PC games to mobile. It works pretty well, but after some times messing with the settings of the file 'OculusDroidNative.h', I can't set the SweetFX to fit with my Gear VR. So I was wondering, did you guys set the SweetFX to work fine with this setup?

I think i can help you tell me what you would like to achieve. Some "hardcoded" part of the script can be changed. (For instance i use a 4/3 resolution on a 16/10 lcd panel so i had to do some "hacks" i hope Fortran does not take this personally).
vile80r
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by vile80r »

Bluedeath wrote:
chema8132 wrote:Hi all!,

I think i can help you tell me what you would like to achieve. Some "hardcoded" part of the script can be changed. (For instance i use a 4/3 resolution on a 16/10 lcd panel so i had to do some "hacks" i hope Fortran does not take this personally).
How did you get this working with current versions of SweetFX. Well, SweetFX is kinda been absorbed by Reshade v3. I have the same pipeline; Moonlight + Tridef + (hopefully this shader working soon)

I've been trying to get this to work forever.
Bluedeath
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Bluedeath »

I just use the "old" reshade version that you can find in this thread. I tweaked some of the parameters but it worked on almost any game.
You could try the new shader for reshade v3 that used depth map made by bluesky defender. For the supported games it eliminates the need for tridef.
vile80r
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by vile80r »

Thanks so much. I got it working. I'm so happy. I got the scaling where I like it. I just need a little help lessening the bubble effect.

I don't know the difference between the Distortion Scaling and Warp settings. I'm just using my LG G3 in a Shinecon VR HMD. Is there a way to get the distortion coefficient information from the QR code that Google Cardboard uses?

I've attached a screenshot of my current view outside of the viewer. I scaled the whole view a bit more than my actual amount so I could draw on it.

Thanks for the help so far.
tmp_1127-IMG_20170107_2029431522226233.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Bluedeath
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Bluedeath »

I discovered distortion scaling and aberration values by trial and error. But is not that hard plus i suggest you to use a 4/3 or even a 5/4 resolution.

I changed distortion scaling to 55 bit there is another parameter that zooms che image i keep it at 1.25.

You van stretch che image verically if you want to but you will loose the proportion.
deggial
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by deggial »

Hey. The 5:4 ratio is awesome idea.
I attached the shader file for Codemasters' DIRT 3. Just use 5:4 ingame ratio (ratio only works in full screen mode).
You might need some distortion/aberration tuning for your personal setup, but it fills my entire FOV and it's awesome.
Cheers
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Radioboy86
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Radioboy86 »

Please someone reupload this. Many need the files for the "SweetFX VR Correction Shader Suite" described here.
asprind
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by asprind »

Here's the re-upload of the Reshade version files: https://we.tl/yW7ziZ97Vr
Lihkan
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Lihkan »

The links are dead again, could someone reupload? :cry:

Thanks in advance
Dom
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Post by Dom »

http://www.cns-nynolyt.com/files/doms-systemspecs.html My System specs In HTML

Cyberia on Youtube

__________________________________________________________________________________________
manuelx98
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by manuelx98 »

These are for Directx 11 too (Reshade) or only old SweetFX for directx 9? Thank you in advance
Dom
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Post by Dom »

manuelx98 wrote: These are for Directx 11 too (Reshade) or only old SweetFX for directx 9? Thank you in advance
https://reshade.me/forum/shader-present ... pic-shader
Heres the reshade files too : https://reshade.me/

The SWEETFX_3D_LENSE.zip is from the first post in this thread so I think its for directx 9
sweetfx website : https://sfx.thelazy.net/downloads/
http://www.cns-nynolyt.com/files/doms-systemspecs.html My System specs In HTML

Cyberia on Youtube

__________________________________________________________________________________________
manuelx98
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by manuelx98 »

Dom wrote: https://reshade.me/forum/shader-present ... pic-shader
Heres the reshade files too : https://reshade.me/

The SWEETFX_3D_LENSE.zip is from the first post in this thread so I think its for directx 9
sweetfx website : https://sfx.thelazy.net/downloads/
Can you reupload, if you have it, the Reshade pack at the end of the 7th post? I tried the normal Reshade + 3D Depth Map but it seems that doesn't work properly with Tridef, or at least for me
asprind
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by asprind »

Ok, I created a torrent with the original Reshade version. The magnet link is below, or if you'd rather download the torrent file, it's in the attachment of this post.

magnet:?xt=urn:btih:C3EB07BC1557D44C50F3E7A0C3CE8068C85276D7&dn=3D%20LENSE%20FOR%20RESHADE&tr=udp%3a%2f%2ftracker.vanitycore.co%3a6969%2fannounce&tr=udp%3a%2f%2ftracker.torrent.eu.org%3a451%2fannounce
FromCairhien
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by FromCairhien »

So I don't know if there is some proprietary reason the code for ReShade is never available, but here: I ported and refactored the SweetFX 1.5 version by Fortran for ReShade 3.0. I take only credit for porting, I didn't do any math on this one, and ReShade is super easy to use! Thanks Fortran! No warranty!

The default settings are for a DK2. The file Elite.ini is an example preset for ReShade 3.0 with settings for a Google Pixel phone in Daydream headset. Elite: Dangerous has some issues with SBS aspect ratio, so this scales horribly, but the warping is very good. Adjust the aspect ratio compensation to see if these settings suit your headset more.

If you don't have a Daydream or DK2, I have no ideas what warping values you'll need. Try playing around with the HmdWarpParam if it looks wrong.
shawnyadav
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by shawnyadav »

Cardboard app was functioning smooth when my Google Pixel 2 XL was on Android 7.1 however upon updating on Android 8.1 as I open the app it only displays a blank white screen on startup and crashes itself after few second. Any idea how to fix it?
Shawn Yadav
Showbox Mobdro Tutuapp
elwisheight
One Eyed Hopeful

Re: Google Cardboard HMD - SweetFX VR Correction Shader Suite

Post by elwisheight »

Hi, I bought a generic VR hmd to use with my phone, but it has lots of chromatic aberration on outer edges. Is there any way to correct this via software for cardboard games and for 360 videos?
Shown
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Shown »

shawnyadav wrote: Thu Apr 26, 2018 4:57 am Cardboard app was functioning smooth when my Google Pixel 2 XL was on Android 7.1 however upon updating on Android 8.1 as I open thegbwhatsapp app it only displays a blank white screen on startup and crashes itself after few second. Any idea how to fix it?
Did you see any updates to the Cardboard app version when you updated your Android version because I think the app version you are using on your previous Android version is now not compatible with this your new Android version.
elwisheight wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 2:43 am Hi, I bought a generic VR hmd to use with my phone, but it has lots of chromatic aberration on outer edges. Is there any way to correct this via software for cardboard games and for 360 videos?
what is your IPD? Chromatic aberration is optimized currently for 63.5 IPD and eye widths far outside of this value may experience more chroma. Try this. Look through one eye and shift the headset a little left and right and see if you can find a sweet spot. Off-axis chroma is something we need to address in future SDK revisions because the DK2 lens produce so much aberration.

Return to “General VR/AR Discussion”