hdmi 1.4 on lg d2342p pn?

120Hz or Polarized, this is the place to share your findings on what's out there!
metalrebel83
One Eyed Hopeful

hdmi 1.4 on lg d2342p pn?

Post by metalrebel83 »

hey again, just purchased a hdmi 1.4 cable to watch movies in hdmi 1.4 3d mode in powerdvd but it just says content or device not supported. not sure if its my graphics card (nvidia gts 450 1gig),my monitor (lg d2342p pn) or just the fact that maybe 2d to 3d isn't supported in that mode.

any ideas guys?
bgnome
Two Eyed Hopeful

Re: hdmi 1.4 on lg d2342p pn?

Post by bgnome »

you are trying 2d to 3d conversion through powerdvd? i know that powerdvd 10 does not allow you to do this on 2d bluray movies, but i think powerdvd 11 does.

as far as hardware, you can check hdcp status using your nvidia control panel. if hdcp is working, you should not have a problem playing 3d bluray content. also make sure that powerdvd is set to interleaved 3d for your display. you can try framepacking or 3dtv play, but that may require more fiddling to work.
metalrebel83
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by metalrebel83 »

says hdcp is working on hardware and display,interleaved works fine also.was just wondering about hdmi 1.4 mode in powerdvd 11 is all,do i need different display or shutter glasses for that mode?
cybereality
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Post by cybereality »

Well that is a passive display, so you should always use the glasses that came with the monitor (they are not shutter glasses, they are polarized glasses).

I feel like it should work, but its hard to say what the problem is. Do you have any other way to view HDMI 1.4a material (like a PS3)? You can also download the Nvidia 3DTV Play software and see if that works (for games and videos).
gr0bd4
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by gr0bd4 »

Why are you trying to use hdmi with your video card and pc? isn't DVI enough? Isn't going to produce same effect?
That's how I watch movies in 3D with PowerDVD both 10 & 11.
Gae43
Binocular Vision CONFIRMED!

Post by Gae43 »

gr0bd4 wrote:Why are you trying to use hdmi with your video card and pc? isn't DVI enough? Isn't going to produce same effect?
That's how I watch movies in 3D with PowerDVD both 10 & 11.
The D2342P manual states that 3D mode only works over HDMI. Next to 3D settings it says "enabled only for HDMI video timing". Also the manual says that volume settings are only "enabled in HDMI mode" for some reason too. These are things I'm looking into before I commit to buying one.

Gae43
gr0bd4
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by gr0bd4 »

Gae43 wrote:The D2342P manual states that 3D mode only works over HDMI. Next to 3D settings it says "enabled only for HDMI video timing". Also the manual says that volume settings are only "enabled in HDMI mode" for some reason too. These are things I'm looking into before I commit to buying one.

Gae43
I'm almost 100% positive (from what I remember from reading the manual) 3D mode is only for external devices like blue ray players, PS3, XBOX, not PC. PC will work just fine over dvi or sub. OP mentions PowerDVD (PC software), GTS 450 (PC vid card) so I'm assuming he is talking about watching movies using PC, or am I misunderstanding his post?
cybereality
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Post by cybereality »

If you are sending an interlaced signal, then you want to use DVI or HDMI. I know with the Zalman it has increased ghosting with VGA.
Gae43
Binocular Vision CONFIRMED!

Post by Gae43 »

gr0bd4 wrote:
Gae43 wrote:The D2342P manual states that 3D mode only works over HDMI. Next to 3D settings it says "enabled only for HDMI video timing". Also the manual says that volume settings are only "enabled in HDMI mode" for some reason too. These are things I'm looking into before I commit to buying one.

Gae43
I'm almost 100% positive (from what I remember from reading the manual) 3D mode is only for external devices like blue ray players, PS3, XBOX, not PC. PC will work just fine over dvi or sub. OP mentions PowerDVD (PC software), GTS 450 (PC vid card) so I'm assuming he is talking about watching movies using PC, or am I misunderstanding his post?
That's Ok then gr0bd4. I plan on buying a 3D Blu-ray player in the January sales so I will be connecting that directly via HDMI. Meanwhile, I will be also want to watch YT3D clips and other 3D stuff from my PC...my laptop is D-Sub only but my main computer is DVI output. So long as I can use the D-Sub or DVI to view 3D stuff from my PC thats fine. I was concerned that you could only watch 3D over HDMI..i.e. the monitor would only switch into 3D mode when it detected an HDMI source.

Gae43

Return to “3D Monitors”