Force Nvidia to do SBS on NON-3D Monitor?

120Hz or Polarized, this is the place to share your findings on what's out there!
Blinkstar
One Eyed Hopeful

Force Nvidia to do SBS on NON-3D Monitor?

Post by Blinkstar »

Hi everyone. Not sure if I should post this here or in the Nvidia driver's forum, so feel free to move this if necessary ... I've built a Rift/Cardboard knock off and am having a lot of fun streaming PC SBS games to my HMD. I have a 3D capable Nvidia card but I don't have a 3D monitor. Still I managed to enable the main 3D option and also switched my monitor's .inf so the Nvidia card thinks it is 3D capable ... but I can't figure out how to actually get SBS going. Instead it defaults to the Red/Blue overlay and when I run the Nvidia 3DLive software or whatever it is called, it tells me I don't have the correct monitor ... Should I just try a different .inf or is it simply impossible to get Nvidia SBS running on a non-3D monitor?
cybereality
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Re: Force Nvidia to do SBS on NON-3D Monitor?

Post by cybereality »

Nvidia doesn't support SBS anymore. You should use the DDD TriDef driver.
Blinkstar
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Blinkstar »

Thanks for responding!

I do use Tridef and it's great, but the team behind it doesn't seem to be updating their work anymore either.

I would like to try Nvidia's version because I have an Nvidia card and I see no reason why I can't use it to run SBS on my monitor and stream it to my HMD.
DavidCano.es
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by DavidCano.es »

You can use 3D Fix Manager to force nvidia 3d vision output in SBS

Return to “3D Monitors”