What does 3dtvplay output?

Own a 3D HDTV? Trying to learn about the latest and greatest? Post here!
butmunch
Two Eyed Hopeful

What does 3dtvplay output?

Post by butmunch »

Hi,
what kind of 3d does 3dtvplay output, i know its hdmi frame packing but what kind, is it over under?
Samsung ps51e6500, Acer h5360bd + 80" fixed screen
Sli Gigabyte gtx670 Windforce x3
Intel 3770k Oc'd + Noctua Nh-D14
Asus Sabertooth Z77
8gb 2133mhz Crucial Smart Tracers Oc'd
Ocz Vertex 4 128gb
1tb Samsung F3
Coolermaster HafX
Demciflex full Magnetic Filter Set

Home 5.1 Surround Sound
Coolermaster Sirus 5.1 Headset
cybereality
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Re: What does 3dtvplay output?

Post by cybereality »

It supports HDMI 1.4a frame-packing in 1080P24Hz and 720P60Hz. Frame-packing is a type of over/under mode, but at full resolution (not squished) and with some blank space between the frames. To use it you will need a supported HDMI 1.4a display, which usually means a recent model 3D HDTV (though some computer monitors are now supporting it).
butmunch
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by butmunch »

So then 3dtvplay won't work over vga in over under format?

Only ask as on Friday night i had an idea that works.

Using my 3dtv vga connection i used a edid overide to force monitors driver , i used Brad gearons overide at first which gave me black screen when starting 3dtvplay, allso note that while in ncp, on the left in ncp you can see it say 3dtvplay, on the right you can see nvidia 3d vision ready.

I then tried a ld950 passive 3dtv edid overide to force my syestem to see the tv as another hdmi 1.4 tv, rebooted and started up ncp to find that the icon now displayed a 3dtvplay picture.
I rebooted and 3dtvplay went through it's setup proccess all the way to the end and i had full 3dtvplay over vga.
Started dirt 3 and put it in 720p mode and 3dtvplay started up, 3dtvplay was 100% working, i could turn it off or on, only problem i had is that over vga my 3dtv only supports 1080p over under so i could'nt switch to 3d mode.

I took out the vga and put in my hdmi as it was the end of the night.
When i woke in the morning i thought about 1080p 24hz that i had'nt tried the night before but sadly after taking out the vga i lost the edid and for the life of me i have retraced my steps but i cannot get 3dtvplay icon again, only 3dvision icon.

My basic idea of this was to have 3dtvplay working in over uner on none hdmi 1.4 3dtv's as on my ld950 i could see it using over under., was nothing but an idea that came true to an extent, the last hurdle was 3d mode on tv, i had witnesses here that i've gopne through the motions with, i 100% had 3dtvplay working without invalid format, spent over 10 hours no trying to get 3dtvplay icon but the freak find has freaked off.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Asus Sabertooth Z77
Ocz Vertex 4 128gb
1tb Samsung F3
Coolermaster HafX

Home 5.1 Surround Sound
cybereality
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Post by cybereality »

You know you can use the IZ3D driver in over/under mode, right?
butmunch
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by butmunch »

Yes i know that.
I had been messing with edids to get working interleaved 3d as people with passives seem to have a issue with a colour bug in checkerboard and interlaced 3d with lg 3dtv's, i have just got a lg active plasma aswell and that has teh colourbug but same setups works wioth no bugs with a sammy.

So this gave me the idea of trying a modified edid on my vga connection to see if i could get 3dtvplay to work, my sole reason for this was just because with the ld950 when i switch off 3d i can see 3dtvplay is in over under, considering my vga has support for over under i thought why not give it a try.

I got so far, so far that 3dtvplay was working in game at 720p over a vga connection but i could'nt switch to 3d as tv only has 3d option enabled for 1080p over vga and as i'd had a beer and it was late at night i forgot all about 3dtvplay 1080p24hz so i never tested it.

if i've done this before i can get it working again but liek i said i've retraced my steps and even with what i think tobe the same edid i used i can'y get 3dtvplay to show it's icon, without the icon it did'nt work anyway but the time it was there 3dtvplay booted!
Asus Sabertooth Z77
Ocz Vertex 4 128gb
1tb Samsung F3
Coolermaster HafX

Home 5.1 Surround Sound
butmunch
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by butmunch »

I found the issue but cannot get my system to now accept a fully modified edid with full extension bloc.
So now my edid reads as
Extension blocs.......... 1 (Unknown - 0x00)
but it should be
Extension blocs.......... 1 (CEA-EXT)
!

so there's no reason for this to happen, i know wehn i was dealing with a ld950 passive screen to fix interlaced 3d the extension bloc showed as it should with an origianl edid overide but not anymore, wonder what's caused this, at least i now know why 3dtvplay shows a 3dvision icon instead as it does'nt have a 1.4 edid extension bloc to read!

The truth is out there.

Some people have a ld920 which is'nt hdmi 1.4, it would of been cool if i could of got 3dtvplay to work for them.
Asus Sabertooth Z77
Ocz Vertex 4 128gb
1tb Samsung F3
Coolermaster HafX

Home 5.1 Surround Sound

Return to “3D HDTVs”