swapping eyes with NVidia + interleaved (passive 3DTVs)

Own a 3D HDTV? Trying to learn about the latest and greatest? Post here!
takbal
One Eyed Hopeful

swapping eyes with NVidia + interleaved (passive 3DTVs)

Post by takbal »

This post is useful for people who are using the .inf hack with NVidia 3D Vision as descibed in http://www.mtbs3d.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?f=115&t=13821 or http://3dvision-blog.com/forum/viewtopi ... =13&t=2042, but have the eyes swapped, and they seek a more elegant solution than gluing their own glasses. The problem is these displays (like my Toshiba 42VL863) are using a different interleaving pattern than the Zalman or the Acer passive monitors. Fortunately, the pattern can be specified in the registry, but the keys must be protected.

After the .inf hack was applied and the display is working with the swapped eyes, open regedt32.exe and find the NVidia Stereo3D settings. ON my Windows 7 64-bit machine it is at HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\NVIDIA Corporation\Global\Stereo3D, I guess in 32-bit OS it is going to be at HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\NVIDIA Corporation\Global\Stereo3D.

Now find the keys 'InterleavePattern0' and 'InterleavePattern1', and modify their values from 0x00ff00ff to 0xff00ff00.

You are not finished yet, as 'nvSCPAPISvr.exe' will overwrite these values all the time when the drivers are launched. You have to deny delete and set operations for SYSTEM to keep these values unmodified. On my Win7 it goes as follows: Right-click on the Stereo3D folder in the registry, then click the followings: Permissions..., Advanced, Add..., Advanced..., Find Now, choose 'SYSTEM' from the list, Ok, Ok, tick 'Set Value' row and 'Deny' column, tick 'Delete' row and 'Deny' column, tick 'Apply these permissions...', Ok. Now the driver will not overwrite these values. Enjoy your regular glasses.

The issue with this solution is that access to the registry must be enabled whenever settings in the control panel are changed, or per-game settings are saved, or before a new driver is installed. Maybe there is a way to binary hack nvSCPAPISvr.exe, or to find a way to force it to apply a different interleave pattern, but as I rarely touch my 3D Vision settings, I am happy with this solution.

Hope you find it useful!
cybereality
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Re: swapping eyes with NVidia + interleaved (passive 3DTVs)

Post by cybereality »

Interesting, nice find.
Blackbelter
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Blackbelter »

Just in time... Will try this later.
Blackbelter
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Blackbelter »

Man, this doesn't work for me... I changed the interleavepattern0/1 keys in three places: stereo3D/old/2400b469/20000, stereo3D/old/2b97204/20000, stereo3D/old/2b97204/e20000. I checked that these values remained unchanged after restarting windows. I tried this on both the Zalman and Acer version. But still, I am having the eye swapping issue. Help needed... Thank you!
takbal
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by takbal »

Blackbelter wrote:Man, this doesn't work for me... I changed the interleavepattern0/1 keys in three places: stereo3D/old/2400b469/20000, stereo3D/old/2b97204/20000, stereo3D/old/2b97204/e20000. I checked that these values remained unchanged after restarting windows. I tried this on both the Zalman and Acer version. But still, I am having the eye swapping issue. Help needed... Thank you!
You are modifying the wrong keys. The 'old' dir seems to be just a backup store for earlier settings.

The settings actually used by the drivers are in the Stereo3D directory, one level up from 'Old'. You should find an InterleavePattern0/1 there as well - that's what must be modified.
Blackbelter
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Blackbelter »

That worked!! Thanks a lot.
actionhp
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by actionhp »

Is this thread still alive? haha

I'm trying to invert the eyes position by using this solution but no luck so far, the 'InterleavePattern0' and 'InterleavePattern1' in the newest whql nvidia drivers are listed only in the Old dir, they aren't listed anymore in the main Stereo3D dir, so i don't know what to do now. Any help?

update:
Changed my drivers to the latest beta and the option is available in there again, just changed and everything is perfect. Thanks for the fix, works amazing with the 2012 LG 3D passive tv sets!
sutax
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by sutax »

Hi. Here is a little software that swapped the eyes.

https://uploads.to/a97hyqpuadj1

Working to Acer HR274H 3D Monitor EDID Override driver.

The software running, on windows quick start.
Click options: normal or swapped eye.
cybereality
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Post by cybereality »

Nice one!

Return to “3D HDTVs”