Oculus Rift + Touch For $399 USD

Special news and updates by the MTBS team.
Neil
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Oculus Rift + Touch For $399 USD

Post by Neil »

You can't go wrong with modern virtual reality for $399 USD!  Including the Oculus Rift, Oculus Touch, and XBOX One controllers, it's a difficult price to beat.  This is all part of the Summer of Rift sale running at oculus.com.  While this pricing isn't being directly offered in stores outside Oculus, it's very possible that retail price matching could even the odds.

What we want to see is how this sales price will impact actual sales and what it will ultimately demonstrate.  Will people buy in droves?  Is price the real issue or is it something else entirely?  Do people even know to buy?  Time will tell!

Read full article...
Dom
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Re: Oculus Rift + Touch For $399 USD

Post by Dom »

Its $549 CAN, used to be 818 CAN. Great deal I just ordered it! Now I have three headsets. Can't wait to get Oculus Rift into my home. I just finished building a new computer that can use it. Thanks for the awesome deal guys, saved 300 bucks or more.
Neil

Post by Neil »

The tragedy of it all is that there is a shortage of graphics cards (and related price hikes) because people are buying them like crazy for Ethereum mining. So if you're a new user without the required horsepower, the timing could be better for you.

Regards,
Neil
Dom
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Post by Dom »

i was at MemoryExpress my local computer store on Saturday and they had full stock of 1080ti and other gfx cards that I seen on the shelf, but when I went to my other local computer store a-comp.ca they were only selling gtx 1060 and lower cards because of the bit-coin mining they said.

The sales man at acomp said I got the last ryzen 5 1600 cpu they had and they could not get anymore for awhile. Ram in Canada is like double than it is in the USA, I paid 180 for 16GB ram and it used to be 80 for the same stuff.
http://www.cns-nynolyt.com/files/doms-systemspecs.html My System specs In HTML

Cyberia on Youtube

__________________________________________________________________________________________
Neil

Post by Neil »

What really troubles me about this whole Bitcoin / Ethereum mining is what it is and is going to do to the environment. Every level up means more required processing power to get the same result. I read they are planning an update that will no long require all the excess processing power. Until then, it's just wasted electricity. I don't understand why the existence of currency means the immediate harm to the world around us.

Regards,
Neil
Dom
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Post by Dom »

So I have been reading reddit and there are lots of people buying in Droves because of the sale price. Lots of people know about it and the stores like Best Buy and Amazon sold out around the world, even Oculus.com was back ordered some people having to wait a few weeks to get their Rift delivered.

I ordered the first day of the sale in the morning thanks to MTBS3D.com and money in my bank account. I was able to get my rift delivered in a week and have been enjoying it ever since.

I just got it hooked up to my racing wheel and playing Dirt Rally. Its really remarkable in Vr.
Petrus
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by Petrus »

Dom wrote:i was at MemoryExpress my local computer store on Saturday and they had full stock of 1080ti and other gfx cards that I seen on the shelf, but when I went to my other local computer store a-comp.ca they were only selling gtx 1060 and lower cards because of the bit-coin mining they said.

The sales man at acomp said I got the last ryzen 5 1600 cpu they had and they could not get anymore for awhile. Ram in Canada is like double than it is in the USA, I paid 180 for 16GB ram and it used to be 80 for the same stuff.
I am also prospecting for a new VR ready PC since april and noticed a price rise on graphic cards and ram. I am not really interested by this generation of VR HMD so I can wait a bit (but not too much, my current PC is too old for new games).
My only VR experience is with a samsung gear VR on a real roller-coaster (at europapark), it was very fun and immersive but the resolution is too low. Once they switch to 4k resolution, I will be VERY interested.

PS : LBA and Cyberia, I LOVED those games !

Return to “MTBS News”