What if Daydream Can go BEYOND Mobile?

Special news and updates by the MTBS team.
Neil
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

What if Daydream Can go BEYOND Mobile?

Post by Neil »

Ahah!  Some very positive news out of the Google I/O conference.  Partnered with companies like HTC and Lenovo, new stand-alone mobile virtual reality devices are expected to be released towards the end of 2017.  More than this, unlike the current cream of the crop mobile options like the Samsung Gear VR or Google's own Daydream VR smartphone combos, these new stand-alone VR products will be mobile solutions that feature positional tracking; the same type of tracking that captures every nuance of how the user is moving his/her head.  Will positional controllers follow?  We think that's a safe bet.Read more: What if Daydream Can go BEYOND Mobile?
Read full article...
Dom
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Re: What if Daydream Can go BEYOND Mobile?

Post by Dom »

Since its HTC and they are connected to steam and steam has steam-in-home-streaming already all HTC and steam would have to do is add an app for the headset and keep the latency low on hardware chips.

Ng codec team showed they could do low latency Vr streaming too, maybe they could do something with this too.

Nvidia has an app called moonlight and I heard good things about it and tried it at one time and I've tried steam-in-home-streaming and it works pretty well over wired gigabit, wireless is another sauce.

I think steam Vr and HTC need some help with this app from teams like Ng codec for stability in the tracking and video format stream. They had to code extra for each game with the in home streaming app for steam so...?

If the fov and resolution is high enough i'll pick one up forsure although I don't care about the cord on the htc vive that much, some people are real picky when it comes to this stuff tho and have a bank full of cash. :lol:

Return to “MTBS News”