MTBS Loses a Good Friend

Special news and updates by the MTBS team.
Neil
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

MTBS Loses a Good Friend

Post by Neil »

ImageIt's with great sadness that we have to report that MTBS lost a feline presence yesterday. Often called Tuo-Te the Wonder Cat, our little guy lived to be almost 20 human years old. At a personal level, he was there for my first apartment, my wife, my son, and of course MTBS!  His passing really does mark the end of an era.
Read more: MTBS Loses a Good Friend
Read full article...
Likay
Petrif-Eyed

Re: MTBS Loses a Good Friend

Post by Likay »

I am so sorry to hear that.
My condolences to you and your family. Pets really becomes true family members and the feeling of loss is awful.
I am sure he had the best kind of life with you though.
Mb: Asus P5W DH Deluxe
Cpu: C2D E6600
Gb: Nvidia 7900GT + 8800GTX
3D:100" passive projector polarized setup + 22" IZ3D
metalqueen

Post by metalqueen »

When I woke up this morning I thought yesterday had all been a bad dream. He was very special, and I miss him very much.
cybereality

Post by cybereality »

Rest in peace.
WiredEarp
Golden Eyed Wiseman! (or woman!)

Post by WiredEarp »

Sorry to hear about the loss of your cat ;(
Dom
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Post by Dom »

Sad, sorry to hear about your pets loss. I seen this story last week when you first posted it.

For me I have had pet cats most of my life. We had kittens lots when I was a teenager. At one time I had over twenty cats to care for. We got them all homes and just recently in 2010 I had my old pal graybins, that was his name or graybee pass away. He was starting to lose his teeth and his fang teeth were coming loose. I think that the shock of loosing his teeth and the pain of that made him pass on.

I know what its like to have these cuddly cats go away, they're such a smart friend and are so cute.
I sometimes dream of playing and being with those cats I took care of and makes me feel good inside.
http://www.cns-nynolyt.com/files/doms-systemspecs.html My System specs In HTML

Cyberia on Youtube

__________________________________________________________________________________________
Neil

Post by Neil »

Thanks for your well wishes, guys!

It's been a very difficult week since his passing, but we'll get through it. I know it sounds crazy, but he was a real fixture in our life. The place is a lot emptier without him, and yet we can't just get another cat to fill the void. He was just too cool and too smart. He'd demand his food a certain way in the morning, he was a trusted companion when I'd be working away on my computer, and he had such a rich personality which was eerily human.

Years ago, we had another cat named Cuddles. She was Pam's "Vice-President", and she had a very funny relationship to Tuo-Te. You see, he was madly in love with her, but she consistently played hard to get. I could write a book with all kinds of stories.

Anyways, when she passed on, he was ok for a few days. Then we got another cat (saved her life from a kill shelter), and we thought we were doing him good to find someone new to play with. Tuo-Te fell into an incredible depression and literally stopped eating because I think he came to the realization that Cuddles was never coming home again. He recovered of course, but his new relationship with Snickers (the new cat) wasn't at all the same as he had with Cuddles. While friendly, the dynamic was very different between the two: mentor and protege versus adult equals. Animals really do work at an advanced level we don't give them credit for.

Regards,
Neil

Return to “MTBS News”