TriDef Software Activation - Error

JustJoshin
One Eyed Hopeful

TriDef Software Activation - Error

Post by JustJoshin »

Hi guys,

I just read a recent update by Neil highlighting that DDD now supports Oculus Rift and thought I would give it a try. I downloaded the latest beta driver and installed (Windows 8 64bit) but can't seem to get it too work.

I receive the following error;

Code: Select all

TridDef Software Activation - Error

General Internal Error. You may need to restart Windows.
(4020010d) TriDefLauncher.hta wait failed.
Alas I have tried restarting windows too no avail. I was hoping there would be a way to trial the software before purchasing to see if it is any good?
cybereality
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Re: TriDef Software Activation - Error

Post by cybereality »

You have to install the latest full version (not beta) first. Then install the beta on top. It will give you a 14 day trial.
JustJoshin
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by JustJoshin »

Just to clarify, does this mean I need to install...

- TriDef 3D 5.9 Retail (use 14 day trial activation)
- TriDef-3D-Ignition-3.7.6b1

Edit: I uninstalled the previous version of TriDef, rebooted and installed TriDef 3D 5.9. Upon completing the installation it said 'would you like to run TriDef 3d'. I clicked yes expecting an activation dialog but it just gave me the aforementioned error. I haven't even got to installing the latest ignition beta drivers.

Are there any known compatibility issues with windows 8 64bit?
JustJoshin
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by JustJoshin »

I also tried unistalling TriDef 3D and then removing all keys I could find in the registry for TriDef and DDD. After rebooting re-installed TriDef 3d 5.9 I still get the aforementioned activation error. It won't come up with a fresh activation box for a 14 day free trial :(
android78
Certif-Eyable!

Post by android78 »

Have you already used the 14 day trial?
JustJoshin
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by JustJoshin »

android78 wrote:Have you already used the 14 day trial?
No. I tried installing the tridef driver a week or two ago but never got it working (same error). If it provides a good experience and allows me to experience some of my other games in the Rift I'd love to purchase it. But at this time I can't even trial it too know exactly what I am buying.

Bit bummed I can't get it working >_<
android78
Certif-Eyable!

Post by android78 »

I wonder if you need to run it as administrator (Right click->Run as administrator)?
JustJoshin
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by JustJoshin »

android78 wrote:I wonder if you need to run it as administrator (Right click->Run as administrator)?
I did try that as well as some compatibility settings.

Additionally, I just put in a support ticket on the tridef website so hopefully that will shed some light.
JustJoshin
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by JustJoshin »

I received a response from support that led me to the solution. Thought I would post it here for anyone else that may run into it.

This error can occur if Internet Explorer is not installed, or if the .hta file association is corrupt (it should be set to open with "C:Windowssystem32mshta.exe").
It has previously been brought to our attention that some versions of MICROSOFT VISUAL STUDIO my 'steal' the assignment of the .hta file
If this does not solve the problem, then please run the "TriDef Diagnostic Tool" from Start > All Programs > TriDef 3D > Utilities.
A diagnostic code will be displayed after uploading the results. Please quote this code in your reply and we will investigate the issue further.

Turns out I do have Visual Studio 2012 installed and this was the problem. When running the application Windows was popping up the 'select a program to run this with dialog'. In the 'view more' I was able to manually select the html application option and run it with that. I hadn't twigged that it was missing the appropriate file association.
android78
Certif-Eyable!

Post by android78 »

Glad to hear you got it sorted. How's the compatibility with games you're trying for the rift?
One that I'm looking forward to is FSX, but don't believe that's supported yet :(
JustJoshin
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by JustJoshin »

android78 wrote:Glad to hear you got it sorted. How's the compatibility with games you're trying for the rift?
I put some feedback in the oculus rift feedback thread

Return to “DDD Tridef Ignition Driver Forums”