Please help me to get Doom3 BFG working in 3D - please

bboymassuk
One Eyed Hopeful

Please help me to get Doom3 BFG working in 3D - please

Post by bboymassuk »

Hello guys and thanks for helping (advanced props).

My system is as follows:

3 x Benq XL2411Z 120/144hz Screens
2 x GTX780 in SLI
1 x 3D Vision2 Kit

Now, I have tried everything possible to get Doom3 running in Quad mode and nothing happens? I have the latest drivers 340.52 and
turned off SLI, Surround Vision and even dropped resolution on the desktop to 1920x1080.

Nothing??

Please help I really want to play Doom3 in the dark with a set of headphones using 3D Vision2.

Thanks.

bboymassuk
cybereality
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Re: Please help me to get Doom3 BFG working in 3D - please

Post by cybereality »

What happens when you try to enable 3D in the game settings? Is the option there?

Wish I could help more but I haven't played this game yet.
bboymassuk
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by bboymassuk »

As i say in my post "when i select quad mode nothing happens"

So yes the optipn is there.

anyone help?
Dom
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Post by Dom »

Hi, I think ID made this game and said so, to change your displays to 60hz. This is because they talk about each individual eye going at 60hz and then they had some interpolation where 3d was a design choice and pronunciation and grammer for Stereoscopic 3d was lamin. So try going in at 60hz turn on the ingame settings which I think was "sbs" I think. And the hardware level opengl thingy option was for other displays/gpus.

Also ---> If you are having problems getting the game to activate in 3D on either AMD or Nvidia platforms, make sure the desktop is set to run at 120Hz (from within Windows), and choose the 120Hz version of the resolution you are gaming with. For example, if you see 1920X1080 and 1920X1080 120Hz listed, choose 1920X1080 120Hz. There is also an option to game at 60 FPS or 120 FPS. Make sure you choose 60 FPS or the game won't run in 3D.

The game needs to have Vsync activated with AMD graphics cards using the HD3D platform or you will see distortions and tearing. While Doom 3's Vsync option doesn't work well for some reason, AMD's Catalyst Vsync option (forced on all the time) will solve the problem.

In a future patch, it would be good to see a full side by side screen capture function. John Carmack has been very helpful in pointing out a hack via the game's console, but it's still too cumbersome and buggy to be practical, and I know that Nvidia has no plans to add 3D capture abilities for OpenGL games via Nvidia 3D Vision. AMD HD3D are also limited this way as native games usually don't have 3D screen capture built into the game engines and AMD's output isn't being handled by a third party driver.

http://www.mtbs3d.com/index.php?option= ... &Itemid=76
http://www.cns-nynolyt.com/files/doms-systemspecs.html My System specs In HTML

Cyberia on Youtube

__________________________________________________________________________________________

Return to “NVIDIA GeForce 3D Vision Driver Forums”